Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think the knife was the plan all along. The gun was for her own security before and after the murder on the road. Or maybe possibly for her own suicide if she was cornered by LE. IMO if the gun was option #1 she would have had her purse by the bed and shot him while he slept. But she waited. The shower and knife was the plan. He was going to know that SHE was in control and he was going to hurt just like he had hurt HER. In the movie it was so contained. Yes there was blood but it mostly just went down the drain. IMO this is why she dragged him back into the shower...because that was her plan all along and Travis wasn't going to "win" by screwing it up like she blamed him for screwing up her life by rejecting her. A knife is a very personal, up close, intimate way to kill someone.
She was so pissed that she dragged a dead body twice her size back down that hall, shot him and put him back in the shower where she wanted him

The Death Penalty is a punishment I never used to believe should be applied. It seems unjust that a cruel and premeditated murder carries different punishments just by stepping over a state border. Yet in recent years, I have changed my attitude somewhat The suffering of the Alexander family majorly influencing my view. I now feel that the family or loved ones of a victim should be the ultimate decision makers after guilt has been found. Who am I to offer an opinion to the family of Travis Alexander when their suffering has been on a scale I couldn't even fully imagine? If anyone grants mercy in such circumstances, shouldn't that be with the family? I know this idea would be frough with dilemmas and present more problems than solutions. If the law in Arizona includes a DP punishment and the victim's family want it, their wishes ahold be paramount. Otherwise, make the DP cover every state or scrap it.

Well you can't force states to all enact it or all disband it since it's within a state's legal prevue and would require some kind of legislative change.

I'm for the DP, actually. Always have been. I don't believe it fits in every first degree murder case, though. And, while I absolutely recognize the devastation for families of victims whenever a loved one has been murdered, especially in cruel and heinous ways, I still don't think it applies in all cases across the board. Some cases really do warrant a clear DP sentence in terms of the age(s) of the victim, the number of victims, the previous criminal history of the perp(s), and other factors. Some cases are just not as clear-cut. It's a complicated issue on so many levels. I don't pretend to have the answer, I just know it's very complicated and the most serious and important thing any jury can possibly decide.

I'm sure there was a fight because of the defensive wounds on his hands. Nobody grabs a knife like that unless he's trying to stop it hitting him again.

Sorry - I should have been a bit clearer. I asked why ElleElle thought there'd been a fight because I thought by "fight" she meant an altercation, for which there's no evidence. I totally agree that he was fighting for his life.

To start, look at page 7 of Dr. Horn's autopsy report:

"Nervous System"

The dura meter and falx celebri are intact"

Sorry, I cannot attach the pdf or the link, I did a Google search for it and it was under Murderpedia.

That statement is a typo. The dura mater is obviously not intact because there's a hole in Travis' frontal skull and, therefore, also a hole in the dura mater. The only way the dura mater could be intact is if there was not a hole through the skull.

As we've had this discussion before, I'm curious why you think it's possible for there to be a hole in one and not the other, even though it's anatomically impossible!

:seeya:

Does anyone know what time court starts tomorrow ?

TIA !

Isn't that part of the report exclusive of the injury detailing?

Yes, that's exactly right geevee. And in the injury details, the statement that the skull is perforated is equivalent to a statement that the dura mater is also perforated, because the two things go hand and hand. So, when he later says that the dura mater is intact, he's actually stating something that's not possible. And that's why it's obviously a typo.

The Death Penalty is a punishment I never used to believe should be applied. It seems unjust that a cruel and premeditated murder carries different punishments just by stepping over a state border. Yet in recent years, I have changed my attitude somewhat The suffering of the Alexander family majorly influencing my view. I now feel that the family or loved ones of a victim should be the ultimate decision makers after guilt has been found. Who am I to offer an opinion to the family of Travis Alexander when their suffering has been on a scale I couldn't even fully imagine? If anyone grants mercy in such circumstances, shouldn't that be with the family? I know this idea would be frough with dilemmas and present more problems than solutions. If the law in Arizona includes a DP punishment and the victim's family want it, their wishes ahold be paramount. Otherwise, make the DP cover every state or scrap it.

Agreed! The state wants the Death Penalty, the Alexanders want the Death Penalty, and so do I! Let's honor their wishes.

I dont think her plans were all that flawed...its the execution of the plans that she failed at. Using her card instead of cash, buying all the gas at the same place, and leaving the camera were mistakes she could have avoided and the palmprint should have been wiped. These things were her downfall. She was actually successful with getting in and out of AZ without getting caught. She was smart but she was stupid too. Using her bank card was really stupid.

I agree with everything, including the fact that her plans weren't all that flawed. In themselves, they were pretty good so far as premeditated murders go. I think the major flaw was that they were too good, in a sense. She put so much work into dropping off the radar, that she created a mountain of proof of premeditation. Firstly, some 27 hours of unaccounted time between disappearing from one state and popping up in another. After that, all anyone needed to do was start digging and the whole heap of evidence was unearthed.

I agree with everything, including the fact that her plans weren't all that flawed. In themselves, they were pretty good so far as premeditated murders go. I think the major flaw was that they were too good, in a sense. She put so much work into dropping off the radar, that she created a mountain of proof of premeditation. Firstly, some 27 hours of unaccounted time between disappearing from one state and popping up in another. After that, all anyone needed to do was start digging and the whole heap of evidence was unearthed.
27 hours is a llloooooong time to be "lost" in the desert!

I agree. I also think her thirst to stay relevant in Travis' life made her more obvious. The letter to the grandmother, the phone call to Travis, and attending the memorial service. She shoukd have found herself a stoned man who wouldnt recollect days/dates and disappeared for awhile. With her need to stay relevant Im suprised she didnt place a 'well check' request with the police. She wasnt dumb but she sure was stupid.

Agreed! The state wants the Death Penalty, the Alexanders want the Death Penalty, and so do I! Let's honor their wishes.

There is no DP here in Canada, so for even the worst of the worst crimes, LWOP is as bad as it gets. I've been fine with that, until this case. I want DP so bad. But what I want most of all, is for this ***** show to be over, like yesterday, for her to just get to prison, whether it's DP or LWOP, I just want her to shut up, go away and ignored for the rest of her pathetic life.

There is no DP here in Canada, so for even the worst of the worst crimes, LWOP is as bad as it gets. I've been fine with that, until this case. I want DP so bad. But what I want most of all, is for this ***** show to be over, like yesterday, for her to just get to prison, whether it's DP or LWOP, I just want her to shut up, go away and ignored for the rest of her pathetic life.

With this case, I've found myself having a bit of a split personality over the death penalty. I'm against the death penalty for a multitude of reasons, not the least of which is the number of prisoners who say that LWOP is a living hell - that they'd rather be put out of their misery. I'd like to see Arias rot in her own living hell, and rot in obscurity, seething with jealously as younger, prettier murderesses come along and remind her of just how old and ugly - and utterly forgotten - she is. Just another piece of trash on a human landfill.

On the other hand, I can't describe how frustrated I am that the last jury didn't vote for the death penalty. In the penalty phase, the burden of proof is on the defense to show that mitigating factors outweigh aggravating factors. Which to my mind, means that the default verdict is death, unless defense can tip the balance. In practice, it doesn't seem to work that way. Rather than looking solely to the weight of evidence, the instructions allow them to consider just about anything that comes into their heads, however trivial, and without considering whether it actually outweighs the aggravators. Hence we have the likes of Zervakos.

Newby here :) These pics are so telling to me, especially the last two of him looking at the camera. The first one looks like there is no flash, which tells me he had no idea she was taking them, until he realizes she's right there. But the second one, the one where he looks scared, is brighter. He has the oh she**look. Its sad. So very sad. Been following this case for awhile now, and I still can't get over the brutality of it. My heart just aches for his family.

I am morally split about the death penalty, but this case has confirmed to me that the DP is warranted in certain cases. I do feel that CMJA is a threat to society, as I firmly believe she will kill again if given the opportunity and most importantly if she feels it is warranted. Jodi does not think like you nor I. She has justified to herself that Travis needed to die, that's why she has shown no remorse because she FEELS no remorse, to her, he deserved it. Thus it is society's responsibility to take her off the street and assure she never walks among us. To me, LWOP isn't even good enough, she will/can kill another person while incarcerated. She planned Travis' murder - every detail. But she thinks she is so smart, she is actually stupid, leaving the camera in the washing machine. Good thing she did, because she really could have gotten away with murder, except for the palm print.
I find myself not as interested in this retrial as I thought I would be. I am tired of her and cannot wait until she is sentenced and goes away to obscurity. The sooner the better.

no dp here either,i always have been for it and want it back over here. tbh i just find the whole justice system over here so messed up.

The only reason that I don't want the DP is because of how many appeals she will get and the fact that it takes so many years for it to be carried out. More taxpayer money wasted. However, I think she deserves it. My biggest concern is if the jury doesn't vote for it, the judge might give her Life with the possibility of parole. This is my biggest fear. She should never be allowed to walk free.

I dont think her plans were all that flawed...its the execution of the plans that she failed at. Using her card instead of cash, buying all the gas at the same place, and leaving the camera were mistakes she could have avoided and the palmprint should have been wiped. These things were her downfall. She was actually successful with getting in and out of AZ without getting caught. She was smart but she was stupid too. Using her bank card was really stupid.

Right? Didn't she get cash tips? Use cash to buy your gas. And why borrow gas cans? Geez for $35 cash she could have bought 3 cans and kept Daryl out of it. Maybe she actually thought her exes Matt and Daryl would lie to investigators? Risk their freedom for her? She really thought highly of herself, her IQ was surely close to Albert Einstein :jail:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3