Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest proof of Jodi's anal habits were from the photos- doesn't prove however with whom she partook of this and how often- except the how often part could be surmised, again, through the photographs.

For me, it's going to the tabloids about the pedophile letters that were excluded as evidence. There's supporting one's daughter and then there's enabling and abuse by proxy.

Perhaps that is we wont hear from Jodi's mom Sandy. It could've opened the door about the bogus pediphile letters and brought legal repercussions against Sandy.Secrets always have a way of coming out.

I wonder if nurmi enjoyed pointing out all those women's names? I know Jodi did. There was no reason to smear these woman..

Glad it's over for the week. I was seriously going into zzzzzzz land. Now for some real life!!!!

Honestly, the sex is just a little piece of a bigger puzzle. Jodi would have used a lot of tactics to manipulate him and keep him interested. Being with someone personality disordered during the idealization phase is a really heady experience - you have someone doing every little thing you've ever wished for; telling you how wonderful, intelligent, compassionate, and gorgeous you are; they seem to adore you and seem willing to do anything for you. It's intense. You've never felt more special or perfect then in those moments.

Then though comes the inevitable devaluation. Suddenly, they're mad at you for some perceived slight you never intended. You feel guilty and try to make it up to them - in reality, you want the person who thinks you're so perfect and you're striving to get back to that spot. The rest of the relationship will consist of push/pull; roller coaster; walking on eggshell moments with them using almost any psychological abuse imaginable just to keep you there - including, but certainly not limited to, threatening to harm themselves, you or your loved ones; projecting; triangulating; manufacturing chaos; sabotage; scapegoating; gaslighting; triggering and splitting sprinkled with occasional (and less frequent) periods of idealization. You glimpse the person you loved and you're hooked right back into it.

JMO

What a beautifully accurate description of the truth. Kate, clearly you have intimate knowledge of this truth--you have my respect and deep admiration for surviving something of this magnitude and being willing to share this very important information with others.:takeabow:

IMO Travis sounds quite immature in his sexting which leads me to believe he actually was VERY inexperienced sexually (other than with Jodi). I doubt if he had sexual relations with many, IF ANY, of these women Nurmi is insisting on naming one by one.
I agree ButForFortune, If Travis was a Player like they want you to believe he certainly showed no sophistication in the game. Most men that were experienced with a lot of women had a lot more sophistication about them. His imature behavior with Jodi tells a completely different story. I wish Dr. D would bring that out but chances are Nurmi will not let her. Hopefully Juan can bring this startling fact to the jurors attention.

Honestly, the sex is just a little piece of a bigger puzzle. Jodi would have used a lot of tactics to manipulate him and keep him interested. Being with someone personality disordered during the idealization phase is a really heady experience - you have someone doing every little thing you've ever wished for; telling you how wonderful, intelligent, compassionate, and gorgeous you are; they seem to adore you and seem willing to do anything for you. It's intense. You've never felt more special or perfect then in those moments.

Then though comes the inevitable devaluation. Suddenly, they're mad at you for some perceived slight you never intended. You feel guilty and try to make it up to them - in reality, you want the person who thinks you're so perfect and you're striving to get back to that spot. The rest of the relationship will consist of push/pull; roller coaster; walking on eggshell moments with them using almost any psychological abuse imaginable just to keep you there - including, but certainly not limited to, threatening to harm themselves, you or your loved ones; projecting; triangulating; manufacturing chaos; sabotage; scapegoating; gaslighting; triggering and splitting sprinkled with occasional (and less frequent) periods of idealization. You glimpse the person you loved and you're hooked right back into it.

JMO

I really look forward to reading your posts. In all truthfulness a large part of the draw in this trial for most people is why. You always give a well thought out post on to the always growing number of why's in This trial.

How is this a relevant mitigating factor even if it's true???

Would it matter if he was and she was? she was a booty call, not a ring on it. She stalked him not him her. How can any of this help as a mitigating factor? Stalking is stalking, invading his privacy, hacking his accounts slashing tires write letter to call Lisa a *advertiser censored* of Babylon and it's OK because she is BPD with questionable PTSD.

Does anyone know if nurmi is done>

Well, I read most of the tweets from work. I am sure I missed a few. It didn't seem like Nurmi scored any points. He did just what most of thought he would do. Try to discredit the Dr. with her age and "lack of experience" and the rest was sex, sex, sex.
As expected DeMarte stood her ground. What do you all think?
Also, it wasn't her job to analyze Travis, and Nurmi knows this.
Nurmi should also get a clue...just because you are having sex, does not give one permission to stalk, ease-drop and be intrusive.

I think she is a psychopath with a borderline overlay.

IMO JA is a BPD with Narcissistic Traits. Honestly, if there had been enough evidence/criteria to diagnose her with psychopathy the state would been all over an APD or NPD diagnosis. I am almost positive she was elevated on Narcissistic traits(MMPI-2 Clinical scales) but she didn't meet the threshold for diagnosis, and for whatever legal reason this wasn't allowed into evidence.

We had a family friend that was a neuro-surgeon. When I married he told me to find a young family doctor, because they had the most up to date training, leaving the 'old geezers' (as he put it) in their wake.

Perfect example is technology - kids are light years ahead of us.

As I recall, Deanna actually had a key to the house, that's why she was so surprised to see JA there.

and she lived about thirty minutes away, but still went and checked on Napoleon, because Travis asked her to .

KN must be leading up to "It's not a pattern because Travis is the only one she killed." Well something like that.

Right. So therefore Jodi's diagnosis of BPD, though it may be considered a mental illness, should not factor in as a mitigating factor to spare her life. Is what I would hope Juan Martinez will tell the jury.

I wonder if nurmi enjoyed pointing out all those women's names? I know Jodi did. There was no reason to smear these woman..

The murderess's goal is to cast the net of collateral damage as far and wide as she can. Trashing Travis is bad enough, but the innocents she is dragging into this is deplorable. It should be a huge red flag to the jurors.

Well, I read most of the tweets from work. I am sure I missed a few. It didn't seem like Nurmi scored any points. He did just what most of thought he would do. Try to discredit the Dr. with her age and "lack of experience" and the rest was sex, sex, sex.
As expected DeMarte stood her ground. What do you all think?
Also, it wasn't her job to analyze Travis, and Nurmi knows this.
Nurmi should also get a clue...just because you are having sex, does not give one permission to stalk, ease-drop and be intrusive.

Dr DeMarte was brilliant! I see no reason for Martinez to re-direct, or maybe other than to explain to jurors the difference between mental illness and insanity.

Because BPD and psychopathy are what she has, not PTSD, but they can't bring in the psychopathy. It's refuting her PTSD as a mitigating factor. She has a personality disorder, but she's not so mentally ill that she didn't know right from wrong. She can't plead insanity.

I want to know why the psychopathy was never brought in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18