Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 1m1 minute ago
Judge Stephens releases the jury until Monday. Nurmi asks to approach.

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 55s55 seconds ago
Nurmi asks De if it's fair for TA to complain about #JodiArias invading his privacy while they're sleeping together.
---

Oh, Nurm!
He77 yeah!!!!!!!!

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 55s55 seconds ago
Nurmi asks De if it's fair for TA to complain about #JodiArias invading his privacy while they're sleeping together.
---

Oh, Nurm!

:rolleyes:

is he married? i mean seriously, even if you're in a long term relationship or married, partners don't invade each others privacy!!!

I agree ButForFortune, If Travis was a Player like they want you to believe he certainly showed no sophistication in the game. Most men that were experienced with a lot of women had a lot more sophistication about them. His imature behavior with Jodi tells a completely different story. I wish Dr. D would bring that out but chances are Nurmi will not let her. Hopefully Juan can bring this startling fact to the jurors attention.

I believe that Juan has saved the best info for last, we have not heard the best yet, and I think it will be a shocker!

so how come she thought about this much, but never went through it….she never even tried….jailed attempt doesn't count :rolleyes:

someone who has this many suicidal thoughts would have succeeded.

Her suicidal "thoughts" weren't actually about committing suicide: they were made to manipulate other people's emotions. They're close to being an elaboration of "I'll just die if X happens" or "I feel like I could die". Most of the suicidal threats amount to: "If you do XYZ, I'll kill myself", "Since you did XYZ, I'm gonna kill myself," If you don't do XYZ, I'm gonna kill myself."

Sometimes suicidal "thoughts" are a variation on whininess.....

Some of these statements can get elaborated, e.g. into lengthy letters and journal entries.

Then there are considerable degrees of difference between: "Im driving along, and I hate my life right now, and I might as well just drive into that tree" and "I have a plan to kill myself when, where, why, and these are the steps I've taken to accomplish it, and I'm leaving my lego collection to my baby brother Seth."

Alot of people have suicidal thoughts: the one about crashing into a tree is a good example. But JA uses suicidal language to manipulate people into doing what she wants. She's way too much of a narcissist to actually carry it out.

If JA's suicidal thoughts are real (i.e. she's not just saying she's suicidal to create drama), an adjustment to brain chemistry (e.g. medication) can make them back off.* Therapy can encourage other self-messages than "I feel like killing myself." But Jodi isn't into making any personal changes or making her oh-so-helpful "I'll just kill myself" tool disappear.

I believe the standard therapy for BPD, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) addresses suicidal ideation. DBT is a lot like a 12-step program.

The bottom line: JA is probably in love with "suicide as weapon" and would never want her suicidal thoughts to be disappeared.

Hope this helps....

*Just as an FYI, many readers probably know that psychiatric meds in some people can cause suicidal acting out (especially in kids). This is a clue that serious suicidal ideation is at least partially a matter of brain chemistry.

So we close for the week with Nurmi having made it clear for everyone that hasn't been paying close attention that Dr. Demarte truly stands alone as the most objective expert witness in this trial.

I guess the rest of the defense is up to Jen now. :sorry:

lawls.

This azzhat would have me totally fired up with that ?. :maddening:

Isn't this precisely what his so-called experts are all about--what a shame he thinks all experts are has been, outdated sell outs.

Yep. Sounds like Nurmi has contempt for his own experts as well. Heh.

Well, I read most of the tweets from work. I am sure I missed a few. It didn't seem like Nurmi scored any points. He did just what most of thought he would do. Try to discredit the Dr. with her age and "lack of experience" and the rest was sex, sex, sex.
As expected DeMarte stood her ground. What do you all think?
Also, it wasn't her job to analyze Travis, and Nurmi knows this.
Nurmi should also get a clue...just because you are having sex, does not give one permission to stalk, ease-drop and be intrusive.
How right your are Ricki, Having sex with a person does not give them the right to invaid your privacy and hack into private bank accounts, e-mail accounts and social media accounts. Jodi went thru his house like a seasoned robber, or thief, she took what ever she wanted and I do believe this evil woman used Travis phone to send that pic of the penis to her. She had it on her phone or camera and sent it to Travis phone then sent it to herself and then deleted it from his so he wouldn't know what she did. I think she put spyware on his computer and accessed it remotely. He told Regan that she would shut it off over and over again when he tried to get on. Any *advertiser censored* on that computer came from her. She looked at all his private correspondence and bank information. I do not believe he ever borrowed any money from her because she didn't have any money. The $699.00 loan was just stupid. That sounds like a loan repay, she owed him if she even gave it to him. No where in his records does it show he deposited any funds from her. Remember that was info kept out by the DT in one of their motions. This woman did nothing but LIE.

Her suicidal "thoughts" weren't actually about committing suicide: they were made to manipulate other people's emotions. They're close to being an elaboration of "I'll just die if X happens" or "I feel like I could die". Most of the suicidal threats amount to: "If you do XYZ, I'll kill myself", "Since you did XYZ, I'm gonna kill myself," If you don't do XYZ, I'm gonna kill myself."

Sometimes suicidal "thoughts" are a variation on whininess.....

Some of these statements can get elaborated, e.g. into lengthy letters and journal entries.

Then there are considerable degrees of difference between: "Im driving along, and I hate my life right now, and I might as well just drive into that tree" and "I have a plan to kill myself when, where, why, and these are the steps I've taken to accomplish it, and I'm leaving my lego collection to my baby brother Seth."

Alot of people have suicidal thoughts: the one about crashing into a tree is a good example. But JA uses suicidal language to manipulate people into doing what she wants. She's way too much of a narcissist to actually carry it out.

If JA's suicidal thoughts are real (i.e. she's not just saying she's suicidal to create drama), an adjustment to brain chemistry (e.g. medication) can make them back off.* Therapy can encourage other self-messages than "I feel like killing myself." But Jodi isn't into making any personal changes or making her oh-so-helpful "I'll just kill myself" tool disappear.

I believe the standard therapy for BPD, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) addresses suicidal ideation. DBT is a lot like a 12-step program.

The bottom line: JA is probably in love with "suicide as weapon" and would never want her suicidal thoughts to be disappeared.

Hope this helps....

*Just as an FYI, many readers probably know that psychiatric meds in some people can cause suicidal acting out (especially in kids). This is a clue that serious suicidal ideation is at least partially a matter of brain chemistry.

yes, exactly….i was really being more sarcastic than anything else! :)

I want to know why the psychopathy was never brought in.

Because there is no psychopathy. She was not diagnosed with it. Or, more appropriately, she was not diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder.

Lying isn't part of the official symptomology, but compulsive or pathological lying is common in all PD as it's just one more form of manipulation. Not all borderlines lie though just like not all self-harm. I still totally agree - many of her actions and behaviors are distinctly 'un-borderlinelike' - even little things like Einstein and hanging her drawings next to Monet.

JMO

OMG - I totally forgot about CMJA bragging somewhere about her art being shown in a gallery (Pasadena?). Does anyone know if that story was ever validated? Prolly just another one of her stories, but it made me smile for a brief second recalling the fun we had with it here on WS oh so long ago.

Perhaps that is we wont hear from Jodi's mom Sandy. It could've opened the door about the bogus pediphile letters and brought legal repercussions against Sandy.Secrets always have a way of coming out.

In which phase can family/friends speak to the court on the convicted person's behalf without direct or cross exams? Is that something that occurs during a sentencing phase after this verdict or could it occur near the end of this phase, before the verdict? I wonder if that is when we might see a family member or friend of the family speak on JA's behalf.

In which phase can family/friends speak to the court on the convicted person's behalf without direct or cross exams? Is that something that occurs during a sentencing phase after this verdict or could it occur near the end of this phase, before the verdict? I wonder if that is when we might see a family member or friend of the family speak on JA's behalf.

That usually occurs during sentencing, just before the judge hands down a final sentence. The family of the victim will get to speak again too.

One thing that Dr. D. said today stood out. When Nurmi was trying to get her to give an opinion about the victim (Travis) she said, "I was not hired to evaluate Travis". I am sure the Juror's caught that, because what Nurmi just admitted to the Juror's was the Experts for the defense were hired to evaluate the victim, not Jodi, even though they claimed to be there to give a opinion of Jodi's state of mind! I am sure those Jurors now see without a doubt that those defense experts really were using the victim as a reason for why Jodi did what she did. They never really did evaluate Jodi because they would not have helped her, that is why the trash the victim game, just another way to pass the blame for what she has done, so all in all those experts have just backed up Dr. D's professional opinion of Jodi, She did it and she had to devalue him in order to justify what she has done. Dr. D today proved that those defense experts had the same opinion of Jodi as she did, but chose to be "hired guns" to cast doubt to the victim in order to allow Jodi to have a excuse for what she has done!

:gaah:

From JA :

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias · 10m 10 minutes ago

Great. Kirk is doing Dr. Death-Demarte's cross. We can expect zero impeachment. #jodiarias

Well, isn't that interesting.....would simply love to know the thoughts behind that post....

Today was absolute foolishness on the part of the defense team.

I love it!

I am sorry though that those innocent women had their names dragged into this- at the 11th hour- no reason- and yet Marc McGee can have his NAME, his lies and psychopathology protected- just doesn't seem right... unless you are in Jodi Ann's world.

Any guesses now to when this travesty of a trial is going to wrap up and we can see the last of the goddess, her mitigation hand maiden and their ridiculous tweets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18