Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Dr D is just telling the truth. If it makes the killer seem more sympathetic, so be it. But the Dr needs to tell the whole truth. Unlike the defense docs who wouldn't give an inch, even when it made them look silly, trying to turn into pretzels to avoid conceding anything.

I must be perverse. I don't think she's making JA sympathetic. I think she's making it extremely clear that JA lies and that at best she doesn't care who her lies hurt.

The symptoms DM presented of BPD didn't include wanton reckless lying. Mental illness doesn't account for it either. Wanting to save your own skin at the expense of whoever is in your way, including your parents, a Bishop, a sweet ex-GF of the man you murdered, etc. ....THAT explains the lying.

Sympathy lost. Not gained.

From the tweets I was able to see, KN was simply getting JDM to agree to her testimony yesterday. Unless there was a lot left out.

From what I could see, there was more to it than that. He said just because Jodi says she hacked his emails doesn't make it true, there's no computer evidence, right. He said maybe the boob job and hair change was just her seeking validation. He tried to say she was lying when she diagnosed her with an adjustment disorder, which she wasn't.

From the DT :cheer:

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 38s 38 seconds ago

Kirk Nurmi begins his cross of Dr. DeMarte by saying "Good morning,"

and when she doesn't answer,

he says, "I'm sorry, I didn't hear you."

:gaah:

This is a TRIAL, Nurmi ... NOT a tea party ... skip the pleasantries, please !

Dr. D should have responded that she wasn't aware of a question before her, and that as a clinical psychologist not a meteorologist she's not qualified to pronounce the morning good, bad, or otherwise.

OT sorry.......It's -20c with windchill in southern Ontario. I'm scared to see what's going on in Edmonton or St Johns. They did get 6 feet of snow in NS on the weekend. Stay put for now my friend!!
-------------
Hi KaRN, It's 09 F. in Northeast Ohio. we have snow ! yard is piled up!. Poor doggies have a hard time. Amy even shoveled a little path for them. We went to Niagara one year, Falls area frozen just beautiful.

Everyone calm down. JM just has to ask one question: Does BPD cause you to know right from wrong? Did CMJA in your expert opinion know the difference between right and wrong when she killed TA?

I think JM got this too. He is waiting for Nurmi to foolishly get that point across for him or JM will do it himself during re-direct or juror questions.
BPD is definitely a mental illness, so is depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, PTSD, etc. I suffered from depression after losing a family member but I had no desire to kill anyone. You just can't commit murder and point the finger at your disorder and say my disorder made me do it. It's so silly.

Not at all kidding. One of the male jurors came to court one day wearing cowboy hat, boots,& jeans. Observers posted how fine he looked.

That was when CMJA started to amp up her appearance in court as far as I can tell. I think she thinks one of the male juror has
the "hots" for her & she can work his vote. Jmo

It's worth a shot.

She hooked and reeled in Zervakos.

How old is the cowboy?

Any hair under the hat?

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 34s34 seconds ago
Dr. DeMarte makes $300/hour. She has put in more than 50 hours, less than 100. #JodiArias

Considering Dr. D's testimony yesterday, that's the best use of funds I've seen yet in this case.

for goodness sake I've had a diagnosis of borderline personality disorder since I was a teenager. It's not easy and I'm difficult to live with ( ask my hubby) it's been manageable with CBT.
While I am sorry to say I can recognize some of my own personally traits in Jodi NEVER have I planned to murder a person in cold blood. Know why? cos it's wrong and I know it's wrong!! If she had an episode and picked up a cricket bat and hit Travis on the head in the moment I could possibly understand. But NO this was planned weeks in advance. Nothing to do with borderline personality disorder no no no.
It took a long time and a lot of research for me to accept this and I've never spoken about it outside my family but I had to say something here. I hope no one will think less of me for it.
I'm sorry but Jodi is just a bad un.

Thanks, jojo! It might have been hard for you to share, but I admire you for that. This trial has set me thinking about my own husband's behavior at times. I suspect he might also be BPD, but he isn't vicious in any way.

After the defenses all out assault on Travis, this new poor Jodi routine may tilt their ship. Especially after Mr Martinez gets back up and reminds the jury what she did. If the defense recalls past witnesses (experts..snicker) and the assault on Travis begins again, it will leave the jury with a bad taste. Remember, they watch Jodi every day. They see her giggling and flirting and batting her lashes. They see the little gab sessions during testimony, they see the note passing, the lack of interest in this portion. They also see her change depending on which side the witness is for. They've got a full on view of little miss giggles and her BFF.

OMG ... making the Twitter rounds, and here's the latest Tweet from Jeff Gold:

Jeffrey Evan Gold @jeffgoldesq · 27m 27 minutes ago

Lots of talk about #JodiArias *advertiser censored* today

:gaah: I will NOT post the photo attached to the Tweet, even though Jeff covered certain body parts !

:gaah: And Jeff, no one wants to see that :silenced:

I see I didn't miss much, just the typical blah blah blah.

On my Twitter, I only follow some news reporters, and most of it is now the Hernedez trial. Just goes to show how sick of this everyone really is. Sucks though that we are missing out on all the tweets. Hoping everyone comes back to tweet soon, I'm worried everyone except Kiefer will leave and I refuse to follow him or pay attention to anything he has to say.

Jen's Trial Diaries retweeted

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 36m36 minutes ago

@cshughes Chris Hughes, Samantha Alexander & Tanisha Sorenson leaving court today during lunch break. #JodiArias

B9GsZXzCQAA8jYT.jpg

B9GsZdSCAAAKqEa.jpg

I must be perverse. I don't think she's making JA sympathetic. I think she's making it extremely clear that JA lies and that at best she doesn't care who her lies hurt.

The symptoms DM presented of BPD didn't include wanton reckless lying. Mental illness doesn't account for it either. Wanting to save your own skin at the expense of whoever is in your way, including your parents, a Bishop, a sweet ex-GF of the man you murdered, etc. ....THAT explains the lying.

Sympathy lost. Not gained.
Lying isn't part of the official symptomology, but compulsive or pathological lying is common in all PD as it's just one more form of manipulation. Not all borderlines lie though just like not all self-harm. I still totally agree - many of her actions and behaviors are distinctly 'un-borderlinelike' - even little things like Einstein and hanging her drawings next to Monet.

JMO

Pretty obvious to me what Nurmi’s doing. He used his days and his “experts” for one thing only, to trash Travis in every possible, deplorable, despicable and vile way. Any discussion of Jodi was the portrayal of the angelic young girl who stayed silent amidst the abuse and would hurt no one.

Now he’s using Dr. DeMarte to explain and “excuse” ALL of Jodi’s behaviors as manifestations of her mental illness, the same mental illness he and Willmott vehemently and ridiculously fought so hard against during the trial.

SO, Travis mean, sexually deviant, sexually violent, sexually aggressive, sexually promiscuous, emotionally and physically abusive to women, a Mormon who “lied to God,” a liar to the church, his bishop, his friends, his multiple girlfriends, his family. Demanding, demeaning, dismissive, sexual flirt who manipulated primarily vulnerable women, pedophile, obsessed with *advertiser censored*, controlling, selfish, hot tempered, crude, self absorbed, “bigamist” in his female relationships stringing women along, cheater, dishonest, disloyal, vulgar language with and toward women…………..

Then there’s Jodi:
1. Poor undiagnosed Jodi born with this horrible vulnerability to BPD, heredity beyond her control.
2. Parents uneducated and clueless how to help her, which caused this to manifest as the mental illness it is.
3. Never validated by her parents so she never developed that sense of self and belief she deserved any better.
4. Abuse, sexual and physical, from family and others dismissed and ignored because family didn’t validate her, didn’t know how to deal with it.
5. Suicidal ideation from early childhood but no one cared enough about Jodi to get her help.
6. She didn’t stalk or harass boyfriends, she was simply reacting to the inherited genetic tendency, that need to be with others.
7. She didn’t change her looks or interests out of obsession with her boyfriends, but to get the much needed validation from them she didn’t receive as a poor, ignored, child, a documented criteria of mental illness in the form of BPD.
8. She wasn’t attached and clingy, she was reacting to her history of not receiving validation from her family, part of her BPD mental illness.
9. There’s no computer evidence or database to prove Jodi actually looked at emails, FB, etc, so evidently everyone misinterpreted what had been previously testified to.
10. Her crying and “over reactions” weren’t manipulative because sensitivity and emotionality are merely symptoms of her mental illness over which she has no control.
11. She wasn’t intrusive in her relationships, but merely seeking the love and validation she didn’t receive as a child.
12. So nothing is her fault. She did nothing wrong ever. People, everyone, hurt her whether intentionally or not. No one cared enough about her to seek help for her. She was one of the multiple vulnerable women Travis attached himself to in order to easily control, abuse, and use as a sex toy.
13. Because of her mental illness, she had no control over her circumstances and everything she did was a normal reaction to her illness, something she didn’t ask or, didn’t deserve, and something that could have possibly been prevented had she had early intervention by parents who actually cared about her, but instead along the way she encountered horrible men like Travis who took advantage of her vulnerabilities caused by her mental illness.

Congrats for summing the entire sentencing phase retrial in a single post!

Dr. D should have responded that she wasn't aware of a question before her, and that as a clinical psychologist not a meteorologist she's not qualified to pronounce the morning good, bad, or otherwise.

I wonder what Nurmi would do if DrD pulled a "Fonseca" and said at the end of every long, convoluted question, "Please speak up. I didn't hear that"?

I wonder what Nurmi would do if DrD pulled a "Fonseca" and said at the end of every long, convoluted question, "Please speak up. I didn't hear that"?

Or turned to the jury and said "see how he twists things?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member