Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG ... making the Twitter rounds, and here's the latest Tweet from Jeff Gold:

:gaah: I will NOT post the photo attached to the Tweet, even though Jeff covered certain body parts !

:gaah: And Jeff, no one wants to see that :silenced:

Oh DGC, I just had to go look. :doh: My eyes, MY EYES! Why would Jeff post that photo? I don't understand these reporters sometimes.

yes, I read that when in a counseling session with one who is dx BPD, that they have a 2nd counselor with them to make sure the one is not duped by the client.

Yes, especially when the client is mandated for counseling, it is oftentimes requested to have a co-counselor because they will outright lie, twist things, accuse counselors of unspeakable ethics violations--basically everything that JA did to TA to get what she wanted--it is a very difficult population to work with in a 1 on 1 setting.

Thanks, jojo! It might have been hard for you to share, but I admire you for that. This trial has set me thinking about my own husband's behavior at times. I suspect he might also be BPD, but he isn't vicious in any way.

Thank you and parrotgirl :) Honestly it is hard to share and because some people with bpd do awful things then blame it on this it makes it worse.
My husband introduced me to a forum with other bdps and after months of reading and research I got help and it's out there. Cognitive behavior therapy has been my saviour ill pm u some details in the morning.
Thanks again guys for not hating on me

Lying isn't part of the official symptomology, but compulsive or pathological lying is common in all PD as it's just one more form of manipulation. Not all borderlines lie though just like not all self-harm. I still totally agree - many of her actions and behaviors are distinctly 'un-borderlinelike' - even little things like Einstein and hanging her drawings next to Monet.

JMO

BBM

She doesn't really think Monet's work is good enough to be hanging near hers, does she?

Lying isn't part of the official symptomology, but compulsive or pathological lying is common in all PD as it's just one more form of manipulation. Not all borderlines lie though just like not all self-harm. I still totally agree - many of her actions and behaviors are distinctly 'un-borderlinelike' - even little things like Einstein and hanging her drawings next to Monet.

JMO

I was wondering about that too. Her heightened sense of entitlement, and no sense of shame coupled with her narcissism. Is that borderline?

Tweet from Jeff Gold:

Jeffrey Evan Gold @jeffgoldesq · 2m 2 minutes ago

#JodiArias told Dr DeMarte she was sexually assaulted @ age 5 or 6 yrs old.

Nurmi is building whole other case than first trial.

I think JM got this too. He is waiting for Nurmi to foolishly get that point across for him or JM will do it himself during re-direct or juror questions.
BPD is definitely a mental illness, so is depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, PTSD, etc. I suffered from depression after losing a family member but I had no desire to kill anyone. You just can't commit murder and point the finger at your disorder and say my disorder made me do it. It's so silly.

Broken record here. Nurmi's approach only flies, maybe, if it gains her sympathy. The flip side of his approach is that it is asking the jury to accept and feel ok about the idea that she isn't responsible for what she did. No way a jury buys that, and asking them to buy it is insulting, not sympathy-inducing.

I still wonder why, with religion dragged in to such an extent, they didn't go for the "God told me to do it" defence. The Voices in the Head strategy would have gained quite a few points, don't you think? Had it worked, she would probably be out of the mental facility by now and trolling for a sugar daddy.

So is he making goo goo eyes bk at her or she's just fishing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't know about that..but, he was smirking alot coming off the stand when the "evidence" that Travis was masturbating on his knees was presented. I am trying to find out if he is the loner male in the trial..which imo is not a good sign either..But, there is another male juror that looks a bit like Travis and the one called Beck..who knows she might have her eyes on a female..but, I think it is Cowboy..he wears jeans, cowboy hat and boots everyday. Oh, and apparently one of the males wears the same outfit everyday (nerd?) ????

Oh DGC, I just had to go look. :doh: My eyes, MY EYES! Why would Jeff post that photo? I don't understand these reporters sometimes.

:seeya: I agree ... despicable for Jeff to post that photo !

Maybe he wants and needs attention !

But, do like him better than MK :gaah: !

actually, doesn't new DSM eliminate the axis lingo?

Yes, the DSM-V has moved to a nonaxial documentation of diagnosis (formerly Axes I, II, and III), with separate notations for important psychosocial and contextual factors (formerly Axis IV) and disability (formerly Axis V). But there are many that continue to use axial documentation of dx.

Source: http://academicdepartments.musc.edu/psychiatry/education/DSM5/Overview/What%20do%20I%20need%20to%20know%20now/Changing%20the%20DSM%20Multiaxial%20System_updated%204.30.13.pdf or APA website http://www.psychiatry.org/practice/dsm

I so agree that this is the grown up version of "I'm gonna hold my breath until I turn blue", if I don't get my way.

I wouldn't have thought it possible. LKN apparently made it through an entire morning without uttering any of: "*advertiser censored*", "*advertiser censored*", "3HW", "schoolgirl", "moan", or "tree". But he's still got a week or so to go on cross, so there's plenty of time.

JMO

DM didn't list lying as a symptom. That's what the jury is working with. And lying to manipulate? Common sense sorts that one out. Maybe she has no control over a symptom such as feeling empty or fear of abandonment, but she sure can control who and what she lies about. Especially in a court of law.

Broken record here. Nurmi's approach only flies, maybe, if it gains her sympathy. The flip side of his approach is that it is asking the jury to accept and feel ok about the idea that she isn't responsible for what she did. No way a jury buys that, and asking them to buy it is insulting, not sympathy-inducing.

Hope jurors think about the continuing danger JA represents to those in the prison population who catch her eye, "wrong" her, spurn her attentions, "steal her wo/man", etc.

I was wondering about that too. Her heightened sense of entitlement, and no sense of shame coupled with her narcissism. Is that borderline?
Not for me. I see those traits as more in the realm of narcissism, antisocial or psychopathy (depending on other factors). Much of her behavior is consistent with borderline - but borderline is also associated with low-self esteem and feelings of worthlessness. Add to your list a lack of remorse and empathy too. Those too don't jive with borderline.

I wouldn't have thought it possible. LKN apparently made it through an entire morning without uttering any of: "*advertiser censored*", "*advertiser censored*", "3HW", "schoolgirl", "moan", or "tree". But he's still got a week or so to go on cross, so there's plenty of time.

Dr. D. will be asked to provide all the details of her own sexual encounters before he is finished. She may have been abused and not know it.

why is she saying this????

Because it is
http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/borderline-personality-disorder/index.shtml

Borderline personality disorder is a serious mental illness marked by unstable moods, behavior, and relationships. In 1980, the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual for Mental Disorders, Third Edition (DSM-III) listed borderline personality disorder as a diagnosable illness for the first time. Most psychiatrists and other mental health professionals use the DSM to diagnose mental illnesses.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 18s 19 seconds ago
Nurmi wants examples of Jodi not being validated?
DeMarte says Jodi told her that her parents wouldn't validate her emotions #jodiarias

Really, OMG I hope she said it exactly that way to Dr. D because that sounds like JA researched and rehearsed--giving rise to serious concerns about Malingering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blaake