FL - West Palm Beach - Trump Assassination Attempt

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's not exactly detective work to know he's probably wherever the excessively large motorcade is and the streets are blocked off.

Yes, understandable. The shooter didn't live in FL, though. He lived in Hawaii. They're wondering if he came to FL to look for Trump or if he just happened to be in town and saw that he was playing at that golf course. Trump owns a couple of golf courses (or has his name on them) in that area.

As you imply, perhaps it was just a random thing and the guy happened to be driving around with the AK47 and ammo and the scope, etc.

When was the last time we had two assassination attempts on a former or present president, or one running for office?
I’m not aware that there were ever two on any candidate. This was the second in less than 2 months.

When was the last time we had two assassination attempts on a former or present president, or one running for office?
Former President Gerald R Ford. Two attempts in September 1975. September 5 and September 22, 1975. Article link below to July 12, 2024 CBS News online article by Luke Laster entitled ‘Michigan's only president, Gerald Ford, faced 2 assassination attempts, 17 days apart’.

In the incident today, is it apparent that the gunman with the AK-47 assault weapon actually fired a shot? MOO

• Dec 16, 2002

Ryan Routh, 36, was arrested without incident at 1 a.m. Monday at United Roofing, 1735 W. Lee St., Greensboro police said.Routh was pulled over about 10 p.m. Sunday during a traffic stop, police said. But he put his hand on a firearm and drove to United Roofing, where he remained barricaded inside, police said.
Routh was charged with carrying a concealed weapon and possession of a weapon of mass destruction, referring to a fully automatic machine gun.

In 1991 he chased and was punched by suspected rapist and helped police search for the suspect after he ran off.
As a result he "was awarded a Law Enforcement Oscar by the Greensboro chapter of the International Union of Police Association" for being 'citizen of the year'.

It does sound a bit like a Taxi Driver type story, where a psychopath stumbles into heroism by complete accident.

"Ryan Routh isn't a super hero. He's just another guy who lives in Greensboro's Fisher Park area with a family he hopes to keep safe.

But what he did - fight and chase a suspected rapist and later assist police in an investigation - makes him a super citizen if not a super hero.For his efforts, Routh was awarded a Law Enforcement Oscar by the Greensboro chapter of the International Union of Police Association. A statue shaped like an Academy Award rests on the mantle of his living room. Routh received the Oscar for being the ``citizen of the year.'

``I hope that everybody else would have done the same thing in the same situation,' Routh, 25, said. ``When these types of incidents happen, most of what you do is just impulse. You're just reacting. I was happy to be at the right place at the right time.'

Last spring, a woman working in an office building near Routh's house was raped by a burglar. After the rape, the woman locked herself in an office and scrambled onto a roof and yelled for help.

Routh was outside his house and ran to see what the woman was screaming about. She was yelling that the suspect was still inside the office building.

``I ran around to the front of the (office building) to see what was going on,' Routh said. ``This guy comes crawling out the front door. (That's) when I confronted him on the steps.'

Routh said the man told him, ``Some lady up there is screaming and yelling.'
``To this guy, it was like nothing special was going on,' Routh said. ``It was like a walk in the park.

``He punched me at that point. He was a pretty strong fella, kind of short but strong. When he hit me, I grabbed hold of him. He shook free from me and took off running,' Routh said.

Routh was knocked down during the scuffle. He got up and chased the man, but after several blocks, lost sight of him.

Another neighbor and Routh drove around the neighborhood for about 15 minutes, and Routh rode around with a police officer later as well.

Greensboro police detective Chris Frazier, who investigated the crime, was impressed with Routh.
``It's rare that you find a citizen who will go above and beyond to help police in stopping the crime or in the investigation of the crime,' Frazier said.

When Routh stopped the man, Routh said he ``was thinking that this guy is the one who needs to be held for some questioning, at least. That's why I confronted him and chased him. And I thought I needed to at least hit him back.'

In April, Greensboro police arrested Terrance Bryant, 28, in connection with a series of burglaries and robberies. Bryant was also wanted on charges in New York. When shown the photo of Bryant among a group of others, Routh identified him as the man who punched him, Routh said.

Routh said he probably would have tried to stop a criminal anywhere but with a woman screaming about a crime in his neighborhood, he took an added interest.
``When something happens (so close) it sort of shakes your world, too,' Routh said. ``When you have a wife and a 2-year-old child you act to put this guy away before something happens to your wife or your child.'

Frazier said most citizens don't cooperate as well as Routh.
``He (Routh) has made himself available to interviews,' Frazier said. ``I wish we could have more help like that. We can't do it alone. We have to rely on citizens.'"

Last edited:
Former President Gerald R Ford. Two attempts in September 1975. September 5 and September 22, 1975. Article link below to July 12, 2024 CBS News online article by Luke Laster entitled ‘Michigan's only president, Gerald Ford, faced 2 assassination attempts, 17 days apart’.

In the incident today, is it apparent that the gunman with the AK-47 assault weapon actually fired a shot? MOO

We haven’t heard confirmation one way or the other, but I tend to believe he didn’t actually get any shots off. It was the advanced agents who engaged him, which means his target wouldn’t have been in the picture yet.

I imagine they saw his rifle, opened fire, and he booked it out of there as fast as he could.

We haven’t heard confirmation one way or the other, but I tend to believe he didn’t actually get any shots off. It was the advanced agents who engaged him, which means his target wouldn’t have been in the picture yet.

I imagine they saw his rifle, opened fire, and he booked it out of there as fast as he could.
Maybe he returned fire on the Secret Service agents and then ran. It only takes a second to pull a trigger. JMO.

Maybe he returned fire on the Secret Service agents and then ran. It only takes a second to pull a trigger. JMO.
He could have, but that would be pointless. He wasn't trying to commit a mass casualty attack; he was trying to kill Trump. As soon as he was spotted his plan went to hell. I think we would have heard if Secret Service agents believed they were fired upon.

He could have, but that would be pointless. He wasn't trying to commit a mass casualty attack; he was trying to kill Trump. As soon as he was spotted his plan went to hell. I think we would have heard if Secret Service agents believed they were fired upon.
You're probably right.

In 1990 he chased and was punched by suspected rapist and helped police search for the suspect after he ran off.
As a result he "was awarded a Law Enforcement Oscar by the Greensboro chapter of the International Union of Police Association" for being 'citizen of the year' in 1991.

It does sound a bit like a Taxi Driver type story, where a psychopath stumbles into heroism by complete accident.

"Ryan Routh isn't a super hero. He's just another guy who lives in Greensboro's Fisher Park area with a family he hopes to keep safe.

But what he did - fight and chase a suspected rapist and later assist police in an investigation - makes him a super citizen if not a super hero.For his efforts, Routh was awarded a Law Enforcement Oscar by the Greensboro chapter of the International Union of Police Association. A statue shaped like an Academy Award rests on the mantle of his living room. Routh received the Oscar for being the ``citizen of the year.'

``I hope that everybody else would have done the same thing in the same situation,' Routh, 25, said. ``When these types of incidents happen, most of what you do is just impulse. You're just reacting. I was happy to be at the right place at the right time.'

Last spring, a woman working in an office building near Routh's house was raped by a burglar. After the rape, the woman locked herself in an office and scrambled onto a roof and yelled for help.

Routh was outside his house and ran to see what the woman was screaming about. She was yelling that the suspect was still inside the office building.

``I ran around to the front of the (office building) to see what was going on,' Routh said. ``This guy comes crawling out the front door. (That's) when I confronted him on the steps.'

Routh said the man told him, ``Some lady up there is screaming and yelling.'
``To this guy, it was like nothing special was going on,' Routh said. ``It was like a walk in the park.

``He punched me at that point. He was a pretty strong fella, kind of short but strong. When he hit me, I grabbed hold of him. He shook free from me and took off running,' Routh said.

Routh was knocked down during the scuffle. He got up and chased the man, but after several blocks, lost sight of him.

Another neighbor and Routh drove around the neighborhood for about 15 minutes, and Routh rode around with a police officer later as well.

Greensboro police detective Chris Frazier, who investigated the crime, was impressed with Routh.
``It's rare that you find a citizen who will go above and beyond to help police in stopping the crime or in the investigation of the crime,' Frazier said.

When Routh stopped the man, Routh said he ``was thinking that this guy is the one who needs to be held for some questioning, at least. That's why I confronted him and chased him. And I thought I needed to at least hit him back.'

In April, Greensboro police arrested Terrance Bryant, 28, in connection with a series of burglaries and robberies. Bryant was also wanted on charges in New York. When shown the photo of Bryant among a group of others, Routh identified him as the man who punched him, Routh said.

Routh said he probably would have tried to stop a criminal anywhere but with a woman screaming about a crime in his neighborhood, he took an added interest.
``When something happens (so close) it sort of shakes your world, too,' Routh said. ``When you have a wife and a 2-year-old child you act to put this guy away before something happens to your wife or your child.'

Frazier said most citizens don't cooperate as well as Routh.
``He (Routh) has made himself available to interviews,' Frazier said. ``I wish we could have more help like that. We can't do it alone. We have to rely on citizens.'"

Trump is a convicted felon, so I think Routh is deluded and thought it was his job to get rid of criminals through whatever means even if it's violent.

This took a very unfortunate turn.

I guess we will learn more about what changed him from a seemingly protective husband, dad and good citizen to today, decades after his good deed.

JMO

I looked it up, and Terrance Bryant was convicted and is still in prison today. So Routh's good deed did really help, it seems.

Mr. Trump was on the course, a few hundred yards away, when Secret Service personnel spotted a person concealed in the bushes and opened fire, law enforcement officials said at a briefing. The suspect fled the scene in a vehicle and was taken into custody during a traffic stop, and a rifle with a scope was recovered from the bushes, along with a camera and two backpacks. It was not yet clear whether the suspect had fired any shots, according to the Secret Service.

A would-be killer got within shooting distance of former President Donald J. Trump for the second time in about two months — stopped only by the swift, keen-eyed response of Secret Service agents — raising new questions about the agency’s broader ability to protect candidates in its charge.

The Secret Service significantly bolstered Mr. Trump’s protective detail after coming under intense criticism following an attempt on his life in Butler, Pa., on July 13. That beefed-up detail, which includes additional agents and enhanced on-the-ground intelligence, might have played a role in the outcome this weekend, current and former officials said.

Former President Donald J. Trump’s love of golf has long posed a protective challenge for the Secret Service, which prefers armored vehicles and enclosed buildings to golf carts and the wide-open expanses of fairways and greens.

Although members of Mr. Trump’s protective detail are always close at hand, the agency’s approach to guarding the former president on his courses has been inconsistent, even during appearances at semipublic events like invitational golf tournaments.

Trump was between holes five and six when Secret Service fired shots​

The former president is safe after shots were fired at the Trump International Golf Club on Sunday. The suspect was a number of holes ahead of the former president — around 300–500 yards away, according to law enforcement.​

ai2html-graphic-mobile375.d7ece34f.jpg
The FBI said Sunday it “is investigating what appears to be an attempted assassination” of former President Donald Trump, who is safe after shots were fired at Trump International Golf Club.

A man is in custody in connection to the incident, officials said. The person detained is Ryan Wesley Routh, according to three law enforcement sources.

A Secret Service agent spotted a rifle barrel sticking out of fence and “engaged” with the suspect, Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw said at a news conference late Sunday afternoon. The suspect fled in a car and was taken into custody after being stopped on the highway.

The gunman was 300 to 500 yards away from Trump, a Secret Service official said. Law enforcement found an AK-47 style rifle, GoPro and backpacks where the suspect was positioned, Bradshaw said.

Former President Donald Trump updated his fundraising website with a defiant message after the security incident.

“FEAR NOT! I am safe and well, and no one was hurt. Thank God! But, there are people in this world who will do whatever it takes to stop us.I will not stop fighting for you. I will Never Surrender,” the website says.

“I will always love you for supporting me. Through our UNITY we will Make America Great Again.”

Attachments

• 1726445627384.jpeg
    1726445627384.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 2
John Miller's Latest:

Living out loud in social media. Continual postings about efforts to recruit fighters for Ukraine. Indicated he's been in Ukraine. Doesn't mean motive is connected but it is an issue where Trump has been accused of dodging the question in regards to support.

Not going to be the kind of offender who isn't going to want to talk about this based on his past behavior and the GO Pro. He'll talk.

He has familiarity and comfort with weapons, judging by his past arrest (machine gun), and Ukraine stuff.

Thanks MassGuy! More will probably be clear in coming days. Including perhaps, whether FL state and / or federal charges are to be laid against him? IANAL. MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porshasmom22
Back