Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If something has come up with a member of Wilmott's family, I personally believe that she should be made to wait to take care of it until the end of court day. If something happened to one of the juror's family members they would not know until possibly lunch or at the end of the court day since they are not allowed to have their phones turned on during court. If the jurors lives can be put on hold for this retrial, then so can the defense lawyers lives.

MOO

If she has had a death in her family or a family member who has been rushed to the hospital in grave condition she should be excused for the day or for however long it takes.

She doesn't have to be in the courtroom right now. KN is the questioner and also the lead attorney.

Things should go on as planned.

So, if something is going on Willmont is KN allowed to continue without her there? TIA
Theoretically, afaik, yes because it's Nurmi that's death qualified. If roles were reversed, we'd be on a hiatus. However, it could be seen as a disadvantage to the defense and we all know death is different. I'd lean towards JSS allowing Willmott time and keeping court dark.

Just my guess.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 51s52 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ

J- Have you ever run a seminar and had counsel you were working for speak at it DeMarte- No #jodiarias #3tvarias

And that is a wrap folks...this is flirting dangerously with, if not outright crossing, professional boundaries--a very important aspect of Ethical Codes.

jen's trial diaries ‏@trialdiariesj 53s54 seconds ago phoenix, az

d-mental illness is just another label for psy disorder juan- does this mean the defendant is incompetent? #jodiarias #3tvarias #sidebar

yay!!!!!!

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 9s 9 seconds ago
"Objection beyond the scope" says Nurmi over and over. Reminds me I need to get some mouthwash on the way home. #JodiArias

CBS 5 News ‏@CBS5AZ 1m1 minute ago Phoenix, AZ

Dr. DeMarte says Arias knows the difference between right and wrong.#jodiarias @jbarrycbs5

If she has had a death in her family or a family member who has been rushed to the hospital in grave condition she should be excused for the day or for however long it takes.

She doesn't have to be in the courtroom right now. KN is the questioner and also the lead attorney.

Things should go on as planned.

Sorry to sound heartless but I have to stick by what I said. The jurors do not have the benefit of having their phones turned on next to them all day during the trial. If something like that had happened to one of their family members then someone else would have to take care of it until they were able to be notified, even if it meant the end of the court day. I believe the same should apply to Wilmott, Nurmi, Juan, MDLR, and anyone else that may be on the stand at the time.

MOO

DM explains: BPD. Mitigator. Not mitigating.

JM's almost done.

CBS 5 News ‏@CBS5AZ 1m1 minute ago Phoenix, AZ

Dr. DeMarte says Arias knows the difference between right and wrong.#jodiarias @jbarrycbs5

:woot: Thanks, Juan!

and again, Nurms objecting after every question & wants sidebars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:gaah:

And that is a wrap folks...this is flirting dangerously with, if not outright crossing, professional boundaries--a very important aspect of Ethical Codes.

I have been wondering for a while if the defense missed their ethics classes at college. I am sure their shrinks never took any.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 1m1 minute ago

Juan and DeMarte are going over disorders. He has a couple of exhibits to show her. #JodiArias

Sorry to sound heartless but I have to stick by what I said. The jurors do not have the benefit of having their phones turned on next to them all day during the trial. If something like that had happened to one of their family members then someone else would have to take care of it until they were able to be notified, if even if it meant the end of the court day. I believe the same should apply to Wilmott, Nurmi, Juan, MDLR, and anyone else that may be on the stand at the time.

MOO
If for no other reason than this has gone on way past the original expiration date. The jurors are going to start dropping like flies- THAT should be the most important consideration right now.

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 1m 1 minute ago
Juan and DeMarte are going over disorders. He has a couple of exhibits to show her. #JodiArias

Nurmi's problem is that he doesn't have the intellect or the appreciation for the manner in which Juan does what he's aping. Most of Nurmi's zingers don't relate directly to the question he asked.

Yes, I agree. And his delivery is alll wrong. He might want to work on that. Or not.

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 24s 25 seconds ago
I a hear new carpet installation team is waiting outside to replace the worn down areas due to over objectioning today. #JodiArias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966