Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Dr. DeMarte's testimony hurt the state. I've been thinking about it on and off these last couple of days and most of her testimony had the same effect on me as the juror asking the "bad" questions. Plus TA said in one of his texts that JA was a stalker and suicidal.. I found myself wondering did he ever try to get her any help? I know some other people called JA's mother when her behavior got out of control but to my knowledge TA never did. I agree with Nurmi (puke) that he told his friends things but acted differently with JA. Throw in some BPD mental illness crap and you have some confused juror(s), I think.

I also wanted to add that I've been anti-DP before this trial and probably wouldn't have made it on the jury. (Said this before lol.) So I might be more easily into mitigating factors than a DP qualified jury.

Again, it seems this juror has been leaning more toward the defense anyway for some time now. I don't think De's testimony changed anything for him. Or for any jurors leaning toward the state.

As for the rest of your post, wow, disagree. Why would it be up to Travis to get her help? They weren't even together.

Travis didn't even know Jodi's mom, why would he call her?

Looks like we might lose a juror. My thoughts anyway. Questioning them one at a time. I hope not.

No trial tomorrow.
Next week Monday is a holiday.

The never ending trial.

:seeya: Yep ... it will never ever end ...

So next Monday, February 16, is President's Day ... NO Court.

And :clown: Tuesday, February 17, is Mardi Gras ! :jester:

Good thing they don't celebrate Mardi Gras in Arizona because that would be another day off ... lol !

I’m wondering if juror question #9 goes to the murderer saying she was sexually assaulted as a child.

She didn't say that though! She almost was, by someone with a knife, when she was a teenager?

My guess is , this is referring to the statement that she was sexually abused @ age 5 or so, and said she had no memory of it. My question is, when was she told about it then? This along with the parents "drug abuse" was never mentioned prior to this penalty retrial.

I think her daddy caught her and her male cousin playing doctor... If there was a real sexual assault wouldn't others in the family know about it? as in Bill kicking someone *advertiser censored* for sexually abusing Jodi?

So this juror believes that Travis and Arias were seeing each other so it was unfair of Travis to complain of Arias' intrusive behaviour.

I don't think a juror is testing the State's witnesses. The questions for Demarte during the last trial were amazing. We know that they liked her. I think these are the worst questions so far.

Let's hope these lifers are booted out. Such a shame.

Well, we could have a stalker on the jury...so they think this behavior was okay. Normal. Snooping, etc.

I couldn't disagree more that DM's testimony hurt the State. She was brilliant. I firmly believe most of the jury gets it. But ....those questions.....:(

Yes exactly. I think it helped the state very much. The person asking the questions has probably already made up their mind and her testimony did nothing to change that.

"Is the knowledge as damaging as the memory of it?" WTH does that mean?? Geez.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 9s 10 seconds ago
Do u feel the knowledge of a sexual assault is as damaging as the memory of it?
Can someone explain what this question means? "Knowledge" and "memory of it" Isn't that the same thing? And, "sexual assault" there was no sexual assault? Help! and thanks.

I think this question is about Nurmi implying JA might have had PTSD from the childhood sexual assault that JA's father supposedly observed but JA didn't remember. I think the juror is pointing out that having "knowledge" of an event that you don't remember can't cause PTSD.

Here's my issue with the "I was sexually assaulted at age 5, don't remember it, but my dad saw it happen and they told me about it later" BS......We have NO corroboration from anyone that this actually occurred. We simply have the word of a known liar that is on trial for sentencing because she was found guilty of premeditated 1st degree murder. JA has every reason to lie if it means she will get at least one juror to vote LWP instead of Death. Why is that allowed to be used unless her father or mother sign a written affidavit (would prefer they get on the stand instead though) stating that this actually did happen???

I doubt it. These sound like questions coming from a lay person. The psychologist would know the answer to these questions.

I am just afraid these ARE from the psych and they are asking them so when they go in to deliberate, the psych can bolster their opinion of a mitigating factor with the answers to these questions.

Those questions don't sound that great in this trial by tweet. I'll wait to see the take from Paul Sanders and BK. I think tomorrow is canceled because of JW and the jurors are being questioned because one of them submitted a question that was not discussed in this phase. JMO

I'm not feeling good about these questions. I don't think they'll give her the DP:tantrum:

The worst that can happen is JA will spend the rest of her life in Perryville, i.e. hell on earth. I can live with that.

I’m wondering if juror question #9 goes to the murderer saying she was sexually assaulted as a child.

9. Do you feel that the knowledge of a sexual assault is as damaging as having a memory of it? Memory supports symptoms of intrusive thoughts. It wouldn't be PTSD without memory.

This juror must believe the killer was sexually assaulted and has permanent psychological trauma, what BS.

To me, it looks like one or more jurors believe all of JA's lies. She was used and abused....and, to these jurors, he deserved to die. Thank you Judge Sherry for making it possible for the defense team and JA to put the victim on trial. May Travis' face haunt you the rest of your life. Blessings to the Alexander family and loved ones of Travis. The State of Arizona owes you a big apology for allowing such an incompetent judge to preside and for not doing anything to stop her. Shame on you

I may be alone in this - but I wish more would have been expounded about the manipulation involved with such a disorder. She didn't slash his tires because she was afraid he'd leave her - or to be intrusive - she did it, ultimately, to control his actions and reactions through her behavior.

Someone on this jury just does not get it.

You are definitely not alone--in the first trial the lies and manipulations were hammered home again and again. This very important aspect of BPD cannot be expressed enough. If my interpretation of these questions is correct, it is not that someone doesn't get it--sounds more like someone is trying to justify the murder due to history of abuse and mental illness--I really, really hope I am wrong. Why is it so easy for people to believe that a man can control a woman through DV and stalking (many murder-suicides are committed by males BPD and NPD) but they always question whether a woman is capable of the same thing--SMFH

And if this is one juror, I pray that he/she doesn't make the cut.

Also, do you know where or who stated a juror was a psychologist? Seems very strange that not one question so far sounds like something a psych would ask. Is it possible this person has a B.S/B.A. in psychology, not an actual Psychologist?

I am just afraid these ARE from the psych and they are asking them so when they go in to deliberate, the psych can bolster their opinion of guilt/innocence with the answers to these questions.

I really don't think they're coming from the psych.

Yes exactly. I think it helped the state very much. The person asking the questions has probably already made up their mind and her testimony did nothing to change that.

But you know there is the possibility that juror is asking these questions, knows the answer, and is simply trying to clear any doubts other jurors may have in their OWN minds. Will speed up the deliberations and eliminate reasonable doubt for DP if they have all heard the answers together.

Those questions don't sound that great in this trial by tweet. I'll wait to see the take from Paul Sanders and BK. I think tomorrow is canceled because of JW and the jurors are being questioned because one of them submitted a question that was not discussed in this phase. JMO

Right? That question about Travis giving her all his passwords: where did that come from? I have never seen such a text and I do not recall anything like that being mentioned in tweets.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 1m 1 minute ago

Q: in convo TA says JA can have his pwords. Is it still intrusive if someone logs on? #jodiarias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 40s 41 seconds ago

De says it was appropriate at that time but at some point TA expressed that made him uncomfortable & she continued. #jodiarias

I'd sure like to see the proof of TA having said that... especially after his rant about how JA didn't respect privacy.

I reread JA's Oct. 30 secret testimony regarding her childhood. There was no mention of sexual assault/abuse by anyone, and no parental abuse prior to age 7 when the wooden spoon occasionally appeared and was used on both JA and Carl as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop