Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another tweet I didn't see here.
Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 48m48 minutes ago
Juan, Flores, & Alexander sisters return from chambers. Sisters look somber. #jodiarias
Ugg..I think it is a juror question. Someone is NOT getting it, imo. :( I wish we knew what was going on..hate trial by tweet.

There was anther question that worried me that asked Demarte if she's not trained in the DAPS what makes her think Geffner gave it wrong.

Seems like something must have happened to halt trial for tomorrow as it is listed on the docket schedule and they only post one day in advance because of all the delays the defense has caused.

Did BK elaborate any further on whatever caused Maria to go 'Oh crap' and rub JW's back a bit earlier today?

Asking why all the sex between Travis & Jodi...as described by Jodi.... is believed if the only confirmation of it is Jodi? She's a pathological liar....why is she believed?

Some jurors default to the faulty position that if the judge allowed it in, he/she must believe it is or at least could be true.

Since JSKS allows in bogus testiphony regarding pedophilia, some jurors will believe either that she thinks it is or that it could be true.

And in these jurors' minds, if a judge's imprimatur is stamped on it, the testibaloney takes on import beyond merely reasonable doubt.

I just re-read the questions too and I feel a bit better because my hubby pointed out something HUGE that I overlooked. The questions (I think there were 2) about her having BPD before she met Travis. Now, this is big in my mind, because I think the juror is trying to establish that Travis did not cause her to be mentally ill and snap. Which I think is good for the prosecution, as they've been trying to make it seem like he caused her to become mentally ill from all the games he played.

That is the way I took those questions also, so here we could have had a juror that was confused about the "let's put the victim on trial" game!

Are you kidding or are you serious Hope? FGS isn't there a minimum understanding of trial procedures and applicable case law that an attorney has to demonstrate/have in order to practice in the Criminal Courts!

Yes, serious.

And...remember when Nurmi told JSS that he couldn't remember the actual case law he was relying upon to buttress his argument?

I really do think a daily reminder is needed from JSS to the Jury of what their job is for. They are their to decide her sentence and MUST accept the previous guilty verdict as it has already been decided by another jury of their peers.

If I was the judge I feel this would be important to state each day because with the sneaky DT it is easy to get fogged up.
right, that's just what the DT did! With adding DV, *advertiser censored* on computer, etc. they put so much else in & delayed the trial so long, that they took the focus on what this sentencing was supposed to be! That was their goal, confusion. and sherry did not a thing to get in under control letting them put all the lies in.

I have to laugh at this every time I read it. Jodi was very near 28 and only 2 years away from the deadly feared Adult Ward and remaining forever single. She's a couple years younger than TA.

Guess it only matters that the murderess was young? LOL

One of the things Juan needs to hammer home. Who cares, how old Jodi was when she committed her first felony? Travis is FOREVER 31, thanks to Jodi.

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/dec/06/nation/na-deathpenalty6[/QUOTE]
Tom Tingle ‏@TomTingle2 · 2m2 minutes ago
#JodiArias sentencing retrial wraps up for the day Mon in Phoenix. Arias convicted of murder of #TravisAlexander

View attachment 69035

Is Seacrest maybe spelled Sechrest? Just guessing.

Death sentence voided

I know Nurmi is always crying prosecutorial misconduct. I see no proof. On the other hand Nurmis antics today were pretty outrageous.

The three-judge panel of the appeals court, vacating the death penalty, cited prosecutorial misconduct and ineffective legal counsel for Sechrest.

"A prosecutor's misleading and inflammatory arguments may violate a defendant's due process right to a fair trial," said the opinion, written by Circuit Judge Harry Pregerson.

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/dec/06/nation/na-deathpenalty6

I am behind as ususal therefore, this may have been answered. The only case I could find was Macay and Seacrest..it is an "interesting" ruling that was granted. I don't know if this is what Nurmi is referring to?

Thank you for finding this. I have been wondering about it. I bet this was the case referred to.

Of course Nurmi is probably trying to make this case fit something that does not apply. LOL

@TrialDiariesJ: DeMarte says she's able to say she has 8 years experience because she was seeing patients and this is standard practice #jodiarias #3tvarias

@TrialDiariesJ: Nurmi is yelling his head off and screaming you can't say you have that experience since you weren't licensed!!!!!! #jodiarias #3tvarias

@TrialDiariesJ: DeMarte is cool as a cucumber. Nurmi yelling is wayyyy louder than when Juan does it. It shook the house down lol #jodiarias #3tvarias

I bet it was like an earthquake in that court room today, with Nurmi screaming and Willmott stomping to the sidebars!

You are making me feel better by saying the jury can't be told. But Nurmi might slip it in there. I don't trust him. As for what deMarte was supposed to say? I wasn't attacking her. I just wished she had dug deeper. DeMarte has her opinion. I have mine. Jodi's a psychopath.

Says me. No training. Not a psychologist. Not a lawyer. Just a mother of two sons and there's no way I ever want them to meet a Jodi!!!

Why did DeMarte never address the murderer's pathological lying? Has she ever brought that up?

What is "Seacrest" that Nurmi cited? I'm searching with no luck....
Wondering if it has to do with an issue he wants to raise with the AZ Supreme Court, if they decide tomorrow to hear arguments. The ey only announced a hearing, but not arguments. Hope they shoot him down.

There was anther question that worried me that asked Demarte if she's not trained in the DAPS what makes her think Geffner gave it wrong.

I think its a reasonable question. The DT's mitigation case hinges upon Geff and Dr. F's credibility. DM is saying Geff didn't properly administer a crucial test. I'd sure want to make sure she knew what she was talking about....

Look, this trial is what it is. It's good for discussion as to what is happening in the courtroom right now, as to the sparring. The fact remains, she killed him, premeditated, drove thousands of miles to do it, and is a liar. Nothing out of her mouth can be taken for anything even remotely resembling a truth. This is a chess game for her. And shes wants to win it, whatever her version of winning is. I do believe most of us know what went down, and there are no excuses, no reasonings, no mental or non mental issues that gives her an excuse. Fact remains, she killed him, and in a very violent way. I do not care what excuse they try to come up with that made her do it. She did it. In cold premeditated blood. That is all that matters to me. Yes, she should get death, if she does or not, none of us know until its over. But we do know, that is what she deserves.

Why did DeMarte never address the murderer's pathological lying? Has she ever brought that up?

I've wondered about this and speculated that she may have, but JM didn't want to overplay that hand.

E.g., as much as I hate to say it, LKN had a point that this cuts both ways. If JA can tell nothing but lies, then JM can't use any of her words as factual proof of anything.

And many of her words are damning to her case.

I don't think he seriously considered that she was on the BRINK of suicide when he made the comment "hi Jodi". Most of us have had somebody in our lives that was a "woe is me, I'm gonna kill myself" kind of person. He wasn't being cruel, IMO, he was fed up with her reading his private convo's with others. Didn't matter anymore if he hurt her feelings, he was just tired of the BS and standing up to her on that particular day. I just don't think he did it soon enough or often enough. JMOO
I absolutely agree. Look, I can't really explain just how exhausting and demoralizing loving someone who is PD can be. Your whole life becomes all about them - and when you know there's a disorder you can take steps to prevent yourself from being abused. When you don't know (as is often the case), you have certain days where you're just so desperate for the crazy to end it almost doesn't matter how.

Same reason I was screaming like a lunatic in my front yard for my ex to just kill me already. Of course I didn't want to die but I was just so sick of him using my fear to manipulate me with. Incidentally, a week later he called to warn me he was about to jump off a bridge. I hung up on him. I'm sorry if people think I'm awful for it but he was only trying to get me to take him back and had already spent a whole summer terrorizing me and stalking me.

In our 10 years together, there were 3 actual suicide attempts among hundreds of threats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem