DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 5s 6 seconds ago
I left...#jodiarias

isn't that nice...

guess we are done until wednesday then

Tom Tingle ‏@TomTingle2 · 2m2 minutes ago
#JodiArias sentencing retrial wraps up for the day Mon in Phoenix. Arias convicted of murder of #TravisAlexander

View attachment 69035

Is Seacrest maybe spelled Sechrest? Just guessing.

Death sentence voided

The three-judge panel of the appeals court, vacating the death penalty, cited prosecutorial misconduct and ineffective legal counsel for Sechrest.

"A prosecutor's misleading and inflammatory arguments may violate a defendant's due process right to a fair trial," said the opinion, written by Circuit Judge Harry Pregerson.

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/dec/06/nation/na-deathpenalty6

Thank you! Yes, I'm sure you're right: http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2008/12/04/0499004.pdf .

Asking why all the sex between Travis & Jodi...as described by Jodi.... is believed if the only confirmation of it is Jodi? She's a pathological liar....why is she believed?

Exactly, JM really needs to press this fact, that all of these "facts" that the defence are presenting come from one source, the murderer, and therefore should be considered carefully as for their truth.ie. secondary gain.

Agreed. Sounds like a stealth juror. Also sounds like one person is challenging DeMarte with their own agenda. Someone, IMO, is digging their heels in and looking for reasons to support their view and convince others. There's so very little about the content here- i.e., the murderer and her lies.

Pretty stupid method of being a stealth juror, by revealing yourself now before deliberations. If so, I believe this person will be kicked off. That's why the individual questioning. These questions weren't the most appropriate ones.

I didn't find anything either. It would sure help to know what the case is supposed to be about! I mean, I doubt Nurmi just exited chambers and said, "Here's a case for you, your honor--Seacrest." But that's what the tweets make it sound like lol.

nevermind what i posted here....i am half asleep :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Tom Tingle ‏@TomTingle2 · 2m2 minutes ago
#JodiArias sentencing retrial wraps up for the day Mon in Phoenix. Arias convicted of murder of #TravisAlexander

View attachment 69035

Is Seacrest maybe spelled Sechrest? Just guessing.

Death sentence voided

The three-judge panel of the appeals court, vacating the death penalty, cited prosecutorial misconduct and ineffective legal counsel for Sechrest.

"A prosecutor's misleading and inflammatory arguments may violate a defendant's due process right to a fair trial," said the opinion, written by Circuit Judge Harry Pregerson.

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/dec/06/nation/na-deathpenalty6

Bingo. Thanks. :)

For what it is worth, I am not that worried about the juror questions, because it may simply mean that someone one always thought of mental illness and personality disorders as different things. So by these questions along with the way the Nurmi and JM now have both began bringing out the mental illness. Meaning that the State is not fighting the mental illness, and the DT is both fighting and agreeing with it, this juror wants to clear up in their mind the difference as the question from the lawyers from both side have left some confusion in this person's mind and maybe they just simply are trying to understand the difference and how it applies to this case. For this juror it could be the difference between LWOP or DP. I really do not see anyone one this jury willing to become a hung jury, they know that happened last time and I think this time they will come back with a verdict even if means one or more has to compromise! I hope this helps a little. I am trying to not over think what if's with these questions right now.

Thanks, nice alternate perspective Littleoleme--and yes it does help :discuss: I like how you think. This is why I hang out at WS's, such diversity and collective intelligence here.

Per BK: Judge is back on the bench and KN is citing case law (Seacrest), and then she said "leaving court now" WTH???

:notgood::notgood::notgood::notgood:

Welcome to [stay away from] Super-Secret Maricopa County Superior Court.

JSKS has ruled that the public is not allowed to know what happens there.

Well. We keep hoping. But he keeps getting shot down. JSS hasn't helped him at all. Not sure that we can keep saying "Juan will clear it up". If no one gets it by now, they never will!!!!
I can, and Juan can still turn this around. I firmly believe Juan will get Jodi the Death Penalty, and it won't be because JSS hindered him.

I found a death penalty case overturned by 9th Circuit under name of Sechrest. Overturned for prosecutor repeatedly saying "defendant needs to be put to death" during trial among other things. Not sure this is the case Nurmi is referring to.

ETA: obviously I'm tardy to this party - everyone already found it. Carry on.

I would LOVE to see Juan file a motion against Nurmi for the exact same reason. I know he's too professional, but sometimes he does "go there". When he knows he can.

Nurmi just doesn't seem to know when and when not to "go there". Or he doesn't care.

You mean like when Juan asked if Demarte has ever spoke at a seminar at the same time as counsel or however that question was worded it was brilliant and a Zap! to the DT

Well, Jen left the courtroom:

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 3m3 minutes ago

I left...#jodiarias

And nothing else from the tweeters ... nothing ... zippo :gaah:

I will check back later !

:seeya:

I have always assumed that the reason why the State takes some juror questions while the DT takes others is because the questions have been determined to be either pro State or pro Defense. Now I am wondering if..well, you know..my assumptions are wrong. If so, does anyone know how it is determined who responds to what questions and why?

I found a death penalty case overturned by 9th Circuit under name of Sechrest. Overturned for prosecutor repeatedly saying "defendant needs to be put to death" during trial among other things. Not sure this is the case Nurmi is referring to.

Think it is. But its not on point, which seems fairly typical for Nurmi. In the case cited, the State repeatedly misstated law to the jury...that was prosecutorial misconduct. The real thing. Unlike JM flailing his arms.

N
Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 4s 5 seconds ago
JA says she forgives people for pointing at her & she won't throw people under the bus. She's no lady of justice but TA didn't deserve that

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 34s 35 seconds ago
Jodi says she had nothing to do with this tragedy and she takes comfort in the truth #jodiarias #3tvarias

AZL question, can JA change her mind at this point and testify? Dr. DM's testimony seems to unequivocally impeach any little bit of credibility she may have still held with the jury. I can see her wanting to get on the stand and "explain" all this.

I think that's right. Jodi says they exchanged passwords. She told Flores that in the interrogation. She writes about it in her journal. Travis chats with Regan Housley and says his ex got on his FB. He changes his passwords but she figures them out. "She's crafty, scary"

IMO she's full of it. She hacked his phone, his email, MySpace and facebook. She's saying he gave her the passwords to cover her stalking
BBM. That's what I've thought all along from the beginning when she volunteered that little gem to Flores. If you have trust in a relationship, you don't need to trade passwords to social media and such. DH & I never have. I trust what he views online, and he with my Facebook. Never a reason not to.

You are making me feel better by saying the jury can't be told. But Nurmi might slip it in there. I don't trust him. As for what deMarte was supposed to say? I wasn't attacking her. I just wished she had dug deeper. DeMarte has her opinion. I have mine. Jodi's a psychopath.

Says me. No training. Not a psychologist. Not a lawyer. Just a mother of two sons and there's no way I ever want them to meet a Jodi!!!

She has the traits and that showed in the tests, although I think she's a full blown psychopath. I still don't get why the traits were not stressed in some manner and with consistent and reptitive clarity. Mind you, if there's a stealth/lovesick juror, nothing is going to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove