Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Dr. DeMarte's testimony hurt the state. I've been thinking about it on and off these last couple of days and most of her testimony had the same effect on me as the juror asking the "bad" questions. Plus TA said in one of his texts that JA was a stalker and suicidal.. I found myself wondering did he ever try to get her any help? I know some other people called JA's mother when her behavior got out of control but to my knowledge TA never did. I agree with Nurmi (puke) that he told his friends things but acted differently with JA. Throw in some BPD mental illness crap and you have some confused juror(s), I think.

I also wanted to add that I've been anti-DP before this trial and probably wouldn't have made it on the jury. (Said this before lol.) So I might be more easily into mitigating factors than a DP qualified jury.

What has this to do with his sadistic murder? I guess the 'blame Travis' strategy is really working (no offense intended here).

ETA: Common sense would tell one to avoid a stalker at all costs and to get a restraining order.

If there were no jury questions about the age of JA or Travis, no questions about JA's past criminal record, then how is Nurmi allowed to bring them up now?

Those were two of Jodi's "mitigating" factors, her age at the time of the crime. (She was a young girl of only 27) and no criminal history (too bad her pot growing, stalking, stealing, and animal abuse couldn't be brought in)

Does anyone know if the juror's have excess to all the expert witnesses resumes?

Also, does anyone know if it is different in AZ and you can count your years of experience before you are licensed? In Texas I believe it is called an internship and you would list it as such. I have a family member that is in the medical field and just last year got their license. This person does not count the schooling years before getting the license as experience(in with license). The appropriate terminology is used for each stage toward the license, one example is internship.

I am confused on this.

I have no ideal what the jurors are thinking. They asked some interesting questions. Someone might be questioning experience. JMOO

This was just something she put in an advertisement on PT about how many years experience she has. I assume she means with seeing patients. She said this is standard. She said if anyone had questions abour her experience completely she clarifies further. In her CV, it is my understanding she does use "the appropriate terminology for each stage toward the license," and what year she did each thing and when she got her actual license.

Does anyone know when the last time was that Travis referenced having sex with Jodi? In texts or emails to her? To other people? Did he EVER talk about it with anyone but her? Is it not possible that some of the steamier texts and emails between them were all generated by her? I guess I just wonder if all the copious amounts of sex mentioned weren't just her lies?

In the sex tape? Arias talks about the bath with rose petals. I cannot remember what Travis said though.

And even if she did have his passwords (which i don't beljeve, there was a text the other day where Travis said he keeps changing it and she keeps figuring it out) it wasn't that she was just checking in on him but she was abusing the "privilege" by deleting emails to and from others and playing around in his accounts and logging in all the time. She abused his trust by doing that.

Early on in my relationship with my now husband we were long distance and he gave me his passwords to all his accounts to establish trust with me. It was his idea. So it happens. But I did not do what Jodi did by logging in ALL the time and messing with his accounts and deleting emails. That would be very wrong. Travis clearly was not ok with this and wanted her to stop and she would not.

AND she had all the emails to him forwarded to HER

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 12m 12 minutes ago
Juan, Flores, & Alexander sisters return from chambers. Sisters look somber. #jodiarias

BPD is a mental illness. What was she supposed to say? JA is clearly and obviously mentally ill. So is everyone else on death row in every state ever. I think Nurmi did the best job pointing out the meaninglessness of that description when he correctly noted that fear of heights is also a mental illness.

The jury will not be told, of course, that JA can't testify because of her BPD. :rolleyes:

You are making me feel better by saying the jury can't be told. But Nurmi might slip it in there. I don't trust him. As for what deMarte was supposed to say? I wasn't attacking her. I just wished she had dug deeper. DeMarte has her opinion. I have mine. Jodi's a psychopath.

Says me. No training. Not a psychologist. Not a lawyer. Just a mother of two sons and there's no way I ever want them to meet a Jodi!!!

I didn't know that! Thanks!

Well, Ms Arias made her bed, now she can sleep in it. I thought she was getting a car ride and seeing the scenery.

TruthDetector put it better: She made her bed, now she can prevaricate in it!!

The wording about the password question matters. Jen's tweet makes it sound much more confrontational than does BK.

BK...."If he gave her all the passwords, would it still be considered intrusive..."

The difference is maybe a juror is just trying to reconcile the intrusiveness DM spoke about (and the juror understood- yay) with an incomplete memory of the password testimony.

DM cleared that up with her reply.

"Knowledge" of a sexual abuse as a child could have been told to you when you grew up. "Memory" is just as it says. So, what I get from this is that the question should have been; Would it affect the person in the same way, whether or not they remembered the abuse themselves or someone told them about it when they grew up?
Perhaps someone is having trouble believing that she remembered or did not remember the event because of her age at the time.

I remember when I was very young, must have been 6 or 7, I was at a family party.. All my cousins were there and we were running around chasing each other and playing tag. 4 or 5 boy cousins were chasing me and they caught me down by the big rock. Then they tried to pull my pants down. (little bastar**). A bit of a fight enchewed...I was a tough wee girl
and I had 5 brothers to learn from. So we are all fighting and I, we heard a huge roar and looked up and guess who was standing there?
Yup..all my brothers...big roar."Knock it off"
They all ran away, no one ever spoke of it again.
I just blew it off as stupid boys as did everyone involved.
Personally, I don't, think it scarred me for life and we all grew up the best of friends.
But that is just me.

I don't blame the jury. The reason I came to WS was because I wanted to know WHY she killed him. I know less now than I did when I joined. I mean that Jodi will never tell. She is evil. But she may be perceived as just sick. Maybe it would be hard to sentence a sick person to death. I don't know. I have never been on a jury.

The way I look at it is I know she is a narcisstic, jealous, possessive, stalkerish, and yes a somewhat "sick in the head" person. Anybody who could plan out, drive 2K miles, and do what she did has to be a little off their rocker.

But what is important to me is did her mental state prevent her from knowing right from wrong and did she have her capacities in place to be able to stop herself?
The answer is a resounding YES she did know right from wrong and she could have stopped herself at any time.

Its not like she had a devil demon in her head yelling in her ear "Kill him, Kill him, you must kill him".

So, IMO it doesnt matter about the diagnosis she was given. It helps to understand some of her other behaviors but it doesnt give her a free life only pass on this murder.

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 12m 12 minutes ago
Juan, Flores, & Alexander sisters return from chambers. Sisters look somber. #jodiarias

Oh FGS! What now, Sherry?? How much torture of this family will you allow?? :(

The Judge appears to have a disdain for the public. You know, the ones who quite rightly criticized her during the last trial.

No, I think there's been some juror misconduct, and Wilmott may have a personal emergency. Our "right to know" doesn't trump these things. I still believe Judge Stephens is doing the right thing.

Right? That question about Travis giving her all his passwords: where did that come from? I have never seen such a text and I do not recall anything like that being mentioned in tweets.

in her journal cmja speaks how her and travis decided to exchange 2 passwords to each other to build trust. for one of them it was the gmail and myspace, cant remember the others passwords. i could be wrong, but in the interrogation with dt. flores cmja tells flores that they decided to change their passwords and not share anymore because of trust issues.

You know, it is truly difficult to read anything into questions, especially what the thinking is behind the questions. But I do believe that some of these questions are searching for understanding of what it means to have BPD and to be a victim of abuse as it relates to mental illness--just hope this person is not looking for an excuse for why she murdered someone.

I so want some of you fine, intelligent peeps to provide me with a different perspective, please

For what it is worth, I am not that worried about the juror questions, because it may simply mean that someone always thought of mental illness and personality disorders as different things. So by these questions along with the way that both Nurmi and JM now have began bringing out the mental illness. Meaning that the State is not fighting the mental illness, and the DT is both fighting and agreeing with it, this juror wants to clear up in their mind the difference as the question from the lawyers from both side have left some confusion in this person's mind and maybe they just simply are trying to understand the difference and how it applies to this case. For this juror it could be the difference between LWOP or DP. I really do not see anyone on this jury willing to become a hung jury, they know that happened last time and I think this time they will come back with a verdict even if means one or more has to compromise! I hope this helps a little. I am trying to not over- think the "what if's" with these questions right now.

That's what I don't get. If it's such an act of misconduct to do what Juan does, why is Nurmi doing it?

I would LOVE to see Juan file a motion against Nurmi for the exact same reason. I know he's too professional, but sometimes he does "go there". When he knows he can.

Nurmi just doesn't seem to know when and when not to "go there". Or he doesn't care.

Taking a deep breath! JA is not going anywhere! Would be a lot more worried if these kinds of questions showed up in the guilt phase. Would love to see TA's reputation restored through a DP decision, but JM won the more important verdict..LWP. Hate that LKN will view his performance as successful, but she is not going anywhere. SO THERE!

But she mentions suicide

He did try and help. By not breaking things off with her completely. He was trying to placate her so she wouldn't harm herself.

Did Travis always deal with Jodi in the right way? No definitely not. But NO ONE knew how to deal with Jodi. NO ONE ever got her help (that she would not have taken anyway. I just don't understand your reasoning. How was Jodi his responsibility?

You misunderstood completely. Or iI didn't word it right whatevre. I am not saying Jodi was his responsibilty. I'm saying he comes across to me as someone who would try to help someone who has issues and who he said is suicidal. So I find the text exchange between "I put up with Jodi because she is suidical" and him thus saying "I know she's crazy, I know she's this and that" and then eventhough he knows she reads his emails he says things in them like "Jodi is probably reading this right now! Say Hi to Jodi!". Would he really say that to someone unstable who he thought was suicidal and who he was having sex with to keep alive?

Maybe an example would help me explain myself better. I tell my gf "Bryan stalks me and I'm afraid he's crazy and will try to kill me".. I wouldn't then say in another e-mail that I know psycho Bryan will read.. "Bryan, you stalker, Hi Bryan, snooping in my email again?"

That is the contradiction that I do not understand. It he's saying she's crazy and suicidal why the sort of "baiting"? That's the reason I do not think he meant some of the things he said about her to his friends.

I don't think the reason he kept sleeping with her was because she was suicidal like he told his friends. She was just always there with her KY and her 3 hole kinky sex and human that he was, he caved. And I don't doubt that she might have used the suicidal card (although no texts that we've seen show that) and he might have told his friend that but I think he was lying. I think he was conflicted and so he lied.

In the end, it turned out that he was 1000% right about her but I don't think he really believed she was "crazy stalker suicidial" like he told his friends. I think it was an explanation for why he was still seeing JA. And that is what I mean when I say I agree with Nurmi on that; that what he told his friends might not have been the truth but used to hide the fact that he was still in a sexual relationship with her.

That is what I'm trying to say here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member