Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone is splitting hairs on purpose. Hello? Did you not listen to Travis' emails talking about how he resented it later? How is it not intrusive no matter what? Someone's looking for excuses, IMO.

This question, to me, was the most disturbing--either someone isn't listening to all of the testimony or someone doesn't care about some of the testimony JMHO.

This individual interview in chambers with each juror may be (1) which one asked the question (2) was it ever discussed with any other juror. My problem is if it was inappropriate because it wasn't an issue brought into evidence, WHY in the heck was it asked in front of the entire jury, potentially tainting the jury and causing mistrial.

I was wondering the same thing--but honestly can't remember whether it was brought up this time around. So, if it hasn't come up in this trial, could that be why JSS is talking to each juror in chambers?

Well. We keep hoping. But he keeps getting shot down. JSS hasn't helped him at all. Not sure that we can keep saying "Juan will clear it up". If no one gets it by now, they never will!!!!

I understand the issues with JSS, but I am thinking in his closing, JSS cannot keep him from stating his case. He can bring it all together wrapped with a great big shiny bow, and show the entire case with one bit WHAM BAM, THANK YOU MAM FINISH

"A14. Did you monitor her at all after the 4 times you met with her? No."---Anyone have any guesses as to what this might be about?

What the heck does it even mean? Were the other 'experts' asked this question? No they weren't. WTH?

BPD is a mental illness. What was she supposed to say? JA is clearly and obviously mentally ill. So is everyone else on death row in every state ever. I think Nurmi did the best job pointing out the meaninglessness of that description when he correctly noted that fear of heights is also a mental illness.

The jury will not be told, of course, that JA can't testify because of her BPD. :rolleyes:

I think what is very confusing (for me, anyway) is that psychological disorder is basically the same as mental illness, one is just an more old fashioned way of saying it (like many other conditions, to avoid negative overtones) - but personality disorder isn't synonymous with a psychological disorder/mental illness.
I believe one is just the broader category, and the more modern term - at least that's how I understand it, but IMO, JMO,

From Court Photographer:

Tom Tingle @TomTingle2 · 42s 43 seconds ago

#JodiArias attorney #KirkNurmi asks Dr. Janeen DeMarte questions about personality disorder and mental state in Arias

B9b0FruCEAARBDx.jpg:large

I think the worse thing about the jury not giving the DP is that it leads some credence to the horrible lies told about Travis...that the implication will always be out there that he was an abuser and a pedophile...because they couldn't agree to give her the DP. If they did, it would be a total repudiation of all the slime she has spread about him!

I understand the issues with JSS, but I am thinking in his closing, JSS cannot keep him from stating his case. He can bring it all together wrapped with a great big shiny bow, and show the entire case with one bit WHAM BAM, THANK YOU MAM FINISH

Unless of course Nurmi decides to be a (modsnip) and object during Juan's closing.

Per BK: Judge is back on the bench and KN is citing case law (Seacrest), and then she said "leaving court now" WTH???

:notgood::notgood::notgood::notgood:

From Court Photographer:

Tom Tingle @TomTingle2 · 1m 1 minute ago

#JuanMartinez questions Dr. Janeen DeMarte about #JodiArias and her mental state. Continuing sentencing retrial Mon

B9b0lFlCEAEDvCb.jpg:large

Looks like Nurmi finally got his much needed bifocals. Now if only he can get a much needed heart and conscience.

MOO

Does anyone know if the juror's have excess to all the expert witnesses resumes?

Also, does anyone know if it is different in AZ and you can count your years of experience before you are licensed? In Texas I believe it is called an internship and you would list it as such. I have a family member that is in the medical field and just last year got their license. This person does not count the schooling years before getting the license as experience(in with license). The appropriate terminology is used for each stage toward the license, one example is internship.

I am confused on this.

I have no ideal what the jurors are thinking. They asked some interesting questions. Someone might be questioning experience. JMOO

The State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial Flores, Martinez and the Alexander sisters came out of chambers first. Then Nurmi, Willmott and Maria De la Rosa. No Judge, no Jodi.

Like · Reply · 1 min

The State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial Stephens takes the bench. Nurmi gives her a case law cite.

Does anyone know when the last time was that Travis referenced having sex with Jodi? In texts or emails to her? To other people? Did he EVER talk about it with anyone but her? Is it not possible that some of the steamier texts and emails between them were all generated by her? I guess I just wonder if all the copious amounts of sex mentioned weren't just her lies?

You know, it is truly difficult to read anything into questions, especially what the thinking is behind the questions. But I do believe that some of these questions are searching for understanding of what it means to have BPD and to be a victim of abuse as it relates to mental illness--just hope this person is not looking for an excuse for why she murdered someone.

I so want some of you fine, intelligent peeps to provide me with a different perspective, please

But can't we go behind the meaning of the written word and figure out their thoughts? Where's Dr. Geff when you need him? or Fonseca....~sarcasm~ do you smell it? :D

From a few minutes ago:
---
Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 8m8 minutes ago
Flores, Martinez and the Alexander sisters came out of chambers first. Then Nurmi, Willmott and Maria De la Rosa. No Judge, no Jodi.
----

Did JSS have a private word with JA? That just seems so odd the two would be left alone.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 9m 9 minutes ago

Juan, Flores, & Alexander sisters return from chambers. Sisters look somber. #jodiarias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 8m 8 minutes ago

Nurmi, Willmott, & Maria return from chambers. Maria looking at her phone. Probably reading this.#jodiarias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 6m 6 minutes ago

TA's family exits courtroom. #jodiarias

It's been so long now, but IIRC I thought the judge informed the jury in open court that the trial would go into February (heh) and asked them to let her know if they had any scheduling conflicts. I agree, this is a bigger issue than scheduling.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the three jury questions for Jodi to answer last week? This was after she said she couldn't get back on the stand and finish testilying

I was wondering the same thing--but honestly can't remember whether it was brought up this time around. So, if it hasn't come up in this trial, could that be why JSS is talking to each juror in chambers?

I think the in chamber individual questioning may be due to a question that was put in the box but not asked in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela