Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they were talking about that, when DeMarte first took the stand, this time around, going over texts or emails with "Michelle". That he kept changing passwords and she would still get into his accounts. I thought that is where that came from. I don't remember him saying tho, that they had access to each other, until she went over the line.

We don't know if Travis tried to get her help. He might have!

What we do know is that Jodi went bouncers on her father when he dared to "mentioned" the word bi-polar to her.

Right? That question about Travis giving her all his passwords: where did that come from? I have never seen such a text and I do not recall anything like that being mentioned in tweets.

I was wondering the same thing--but honestly can't remember whether it was brought up this time around. So, if it hasn't come up in this trial, could that be why JSS is talking to each juror in chambers?

What I remember is talk of password exchanges in Jodi's journal...

and with Det. Flores both the same - we have trust issues. That is the most stupid thing in the world.

I have a question

When you're making a reply and it says auto saved, just where is it auto saved to? I've wondered where since I've had post go missing and don't know where to find that damn auto saved one.

Hi everyone... OK, I know you do quite a lot with trying to understand what all these questions and answers are all about. One of the things I Keep thinking about is our one and only Juan.... I am sure JM will clear all this up in his closing. He will bring all these questions, answers, statements, remarks full circle. JM knows more about how a jury thinks then the entire DF team has in all their years of experience. I have seen it stated here several times, the DF never takes the jury into consideration. Lets all take a big breath and let JM do his job. We are close to the end and it will work its self out. JMO

Right? That question about Travis giving her all his passwords: where did that come from? I have never seen such a text and I do not recall anything like that being mentioned in tweets.

This individual interview in chambers with each juror may be (1) which one asked the question (2) was it ever discussed with any other juror. My problem is if it was inappropriate because it wasn't an issue brought into evidence, WHY in the heck was it asked in front of the entire jury, potentially tainting the jury and causing mistrial.

In the first trial iirc JA claimed they broke up in June 07 when she accessed his phone while he was elsewhere and saw his flirty texts to other women. She admitted this was wrong of her to do. Why would it be wrong if she had his permission to read his "stuff"? Unfortunately, her secret testimony ended within weeks of their meeting in Las Vegas, so she didn't have an opportunity to lie to this jury about a lot of things.

And even if she did have his passwords (which i don't beljeve, there was a text the other day where Travis said he keeps changing it and she keeps figuring it out) it wasn't that she was just checking in on him but she was abusing the "privilege" by deleting emails to and from others and playing around in his accounts and logging in all the time. She abused his trust by doing that.

Early on in my relationship with my now husband we were long distance and he gave me his passwords to all his accounts to establish trust with me. It was his idea. So it happens. But I did not do what Jodi did by logging in ALL the time and messing with his accounts and deleting emails. That would be very wrong. Travis clearly was not ok with this and wanted her to stop and she would not.

You know, it is truly difficult to read anything into questions, especially what the thinking is behind the questions. But I do believe that some of these questions are searching for understanding of what it means to have BPD and to be a victim of abuse as it relates to mental illness--just hope this person is not looking for an excuse for why she murdered someone.

I so want some of you fine, intelligent peeps to provide me with a different perspective, please

I don't blame the jury. The reason I came to WS was because I wanted to know WHY she killed him. I know less now than I did when I joined. I mean that Jodi will never tell. She is evil. But she may be perceived as just sick. Maybe it would be hard to sentence a sick person to death. I don't know. I have never been on a jury.

AZ, I had heard that Jodi didn't meet the criteria but maybe DeMarte could have dug a little deeper? I really think most lay people (jurors) will feel that since DeMarte stated on record that BPD is a mental illness and since the judge allowed Jodi to testify in secret and because Nurmiis saying she cannot finish her testimony because she is mentally ill that the jurors will not give her the DP.

BPD is a mental illness. What was she supposed to say? JA is clearly and obviously mentally ill. So is everyone else on death row in every state ever. I think Nurmi did the best job pointing out the meaninglessness of that description when he correctly noted that fear of heights is also a mental illness.

The jury will not be told, of course, that JA can't testify because of her BPD. :rolleyes:

AZ, I had heard that Jodi didn't meet the criteria but maybe DeMarte could have dug a little deeper? I really think most lay people (jurors) will feel that since DeMarte stated on record that BPD is a mental illness and since the judge allowed Jodi to testify in secret and because Nurmiis saying she cannot finish her testimony because she is mentally ill that the jurors will not give her the DP.
But the jurors do not know why she didn't finish testimony- they weren't given a reason.

"Knowledge" of a sexual abuse as a child could have been told to you when you grew up. "Memory" is just as it says. So, what I get from this is that the question should have been; Would it affect the person in the same way, whether or not they remembered the abuse themselves or someone told them about it when they grew up?
Perhaps someone is having trouble believing that she remembered or did not remember the event because of her age at the time.

Thx!! I was feeling like a doofus! I appreciate the insight!

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 23s23 seconds ago
Nurmi got DeMarte to say that #jodiarias would have had borderline personality disorder at the time she met Travis Alexander. That's it.

That is NOT IT ... She knew right from wrong.

There are two things that are bothering me now. I think there is a lifer on this jury. The other thing is that the emphasis on mental illness might convince one or more jurors to vote for life.

Agreed. Sounds like a stealth juror. Also sounds like one person is challenging DeMarte with their own agenda. Someone, IMO, is digging their heels in and looking for reasons to support their view and convince others. There's so very little about the content here- i.e., the murderer and her lies.

Out on a limb here, but I won't attempt to read behind the words of these jury questions in search of their true meaning. I leave that up to the talented Dr. F. and her defence pals. It could simply be that the jurors are trying to remain impartial at this stage and consider everything presented to them. This trial is stressful enough for me without trying to get into their heads, so I'll take whatever they decide, and happily wave goodbye as Arias boards the one-way bus to Perryville.

Hi everyone... OK, I know you do quite a lot with trying to understand what all these questions and answers are all about. One of the things I Keep thinking about is our one and only Juan.... I am sure JM will clear all this up in his closing. He will bring all these questions, answers, statements, remarks full circle. JM knows more about how a jury thinks then the entire DF team has in all their years of experience. I have seen it stated here several times, the DF never takes the jury into consideration. Lets all take a big breath and let JM do his job. We are close to the end and it will work its self out. JMO

Well. We keep hoping. But he keeps getting shot down. JSS hasn't helped him at all. Not sure that we can keep saying "Juan will clear it up". If no one gets it by now, they never will!!!!

But couldnt she ask about scheduling conflcts with the entire group? If she is speaking to them one on one, then there is a bigger issue involved, imo.
It's been so long now, but IIRC I thought the judge informed the jury in open court that the trial would go into February (heh) and asked them to let her know if they had any scheduling conflicts. I agree, this is a bigger issue than scheduling.

So I think the journal entry where Jodi says they exchanged passwords was admitted and shown because I rmemeber the reaction was "according to her, ok."

So that happened. But the juror is very confused. There is no such texts where he gives her all his passwords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela