Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 9s 10 seconds ago
Do u feel the knowledge of a sexual assault is as damaging as the memory of it?
Can someone explain what this question means? "Knowledge" and "memory of it" Isn't that the same thing? And, "sexual assault" there was no sexual assault? Help! and thanks.

Referencing where her dad supposedly saw her being sexually assaulted at a young age, but she doesn't remember the incident?

Oh please.

I reread JA's Oct. 30 secret testimony regarding her childhood. There was no mention of sexual assault/abuse by anyone, and no parental abuse prior to age 7 when the wooden spoon occasionally appeared and was used on both JA and Carl as needed.

Has Jodi secret testimony been released yet?

I find it curious MeeBee. Because everyone has said all along and I agree with it that Travis was a good guy and wanted to see the good in everyone. They didn't need to be together for him to be wanting to help her. They were friendly.

I found the text disturbing. He's telling his friends that he thinks she's suicidal. They don't need to be in a relationship for him to want to do something to help instead of you know making kind of jokes in his e-mail exhanges (Say Hi to Jodi Reagen) if he really thinks she's so crazy and suicidal. That's the reason I agree with Nurmi that he might have been lying to his friends about that. I don't think he would treat someone who was suicidal like that.

If I really think someone I know is suicidal, I'd try to help and I think TA would to. Again, that's why I think Nurmi was right when he said TA told his friends things about JA that might not have been true.

But she mentions suicide all the time! Is it really a stretch she used the same suicide threats she always uses against him?

He did try and help. By not breaking things off with her completely. He was trying to placate her so she wouldn't harm herself.

Did Travis always deal with Jodi in the right way? No definitely not. But NO ONE knew how to deal with Jodi. NO ONE ever got her help (that she would not have taken anyway). I just don't understand your reasoning. How was Jodi his responsibility?

Ok... so I'm not the only one who read that question and said... "Whaaaa???" ... :thinking:

"Knowledge" of a sexual abuse as a child could have been told to you when you grew up. "Memory" is just as it says. So, what I get from this is that the question should have been; Would it affect the person in the same way, whether or not they remembered the abuse themselves or someone told them about it when they grew up?
Perhaps someone is having trouble believing that she remembered or did not remember the event because of her age at the time.

I don't either but it appears Juan didn't address it.

cmja wrote in her journals about her and travis sharing passwords to build trust...thats the only place i remember hearing it though. again, cmja's word.

Maybe DeMarte diagnosed Jodi with BPD rather than ASPD (antisocial personality disorder/ "psychopath") because Jodi did not meet the diagnostic criteria for ASPD

If that's what the juror meant, the juror would be leaning toward the state.

Thank you, I feel better now.

In the first trial iirc JA claimed they broke up in June 07 when she accessed his phone while he was elsewhere and saw his flirty texts to other women. She admitted this was wrong of her to do. Why would it be wrong if she had his permission to read his "stuff"? Unfortunately, her secret testimony ended within weeks of their meeting in Las Vegas, so she didn't have an opportunity to lie to this jury about a lot of things.

Yes, but the guy asked about a text from Travis to Jodi giving her all his passwords. I've never heard that.

I wouldn't expect them to remember text versus email versus journal. It's been a looooooooong trial.

I really really hope you are wrong. Wish we could have seen jury selection. Could it be someone dumbing down questions?

You know, it is truly difficult to read anything into questions, especially what the thinking is behind the questions. But I do believe that some of these questions are searching for understanding of what it means to have BPD and to be a victim of abuse as it relates to mental illness--just hope this person is not looking for an excuse for why she murdered someone.

I so want some of you fine, intelligent peeps to provide me with a different perspective, please

Does anybody have a clue as to why JSS is going to speak to each juror?

I hope this jury is not seeing her as a human but as the monster that she is.

Maybe DeMarte diagnosed Jodi with BPD rather than ASPD (antisocial personality disorder/ "psychopath") because Jodi did not meet the diagnostic criteria for ASPD.

If that's what the juror meant, the juror would be leaning toward the state.

AZ, I had heard that Jodi didn't meet the criteria but maybe DeMarte could have dug a little deeper? I really think most lay people (jurors) will feel that since DeMarte stated on record that BPD is a mental illness and since the judge allowed Jodi to testify in secret and because Nurmiis saying she cannot finish her testimony because she is mentally ill that the jurors will not give her the DP.

They want to see what their calendars all look like for March and April?

But couldnt she ask about scheduling conflcts with the entire group? If she is speaking to them one on one, then there is a bigger issue involved, imo.

:eek:fftopic::eek:fftopic::eek:fftopic::eek:fftopic::eek:fftopic::eek:fftopic:

For those following ... while we :waiting: and :waiting:

Jeffrey Evan Gold @jeffgoldesq · 1h 1 hour ago

"@facsmiley: 3 pm Press conference re: Drew Peterson has been cancelled.
A written statement will be released later. #DrewPeterson"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member