Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't disagree more that DM's testimony hurt the State. She was brilliant. I firmly believe most of the jury gets it. But ....those questions.....:(

I guess. We will find out in a few months. :(.
A lot of my complaints go back to JSS. This admitted killer was arrested almost 7 years ago (I think I had said 8, but anyway...) and she has lost attorneys, fired and rehired attorneys, and had so many delays that people get tired and worn and want it all to end. Just what the killer wants.

And the judge made a fatal mistake by allowing her to testify in secret. Because now her reason for not returning to the stand is she is too mentally ill to do so. JSS caused this! And we expect jurors to see it the way we do. We can't fault them if they see it another way. It has been made easy for them.

And DeMarte said DeVault was a Psycopath but for some reason Jodi just has BPD. To me, DeMarte comes across as being sorry for Jodi also. That's my take.

Right? That question about Travis giving her all his passwords: where did that come from? I have never seen such a text and I do not recall anything like that being mentioned in tweets.

Didn't JA mention that they had exchanged passwords? How is possible to build 'trust' by exchanging passwords? BS.

You are definitely not alone--in the first trial the lies and manipulations were hammered home again and again. This very important aspect of BPD cannot be expressed enough. If my interpretation of these questions is correct, it is not that someone doesn't get it--sounds more like someone is trying to justify the murder due to history of abuse and mental illness--I really, really hope I am wrong. And if this is one juror, I pray that he/she doesn't make the cut.

Also, do you know where or who stated a juror was a psychologist? Seems very strange that not one question so far sounds like something a psych would ask. Is it possible this person has a B.S/B.A. in psychology, not an actual Psychologist?

Juror #1 is a psych. I thought many of the questions asked of Geffner sounded like they were coming from someone with knowledge of psychology. I don't think they asked questions of JD because they were on the same page.

You are definitely not alone--in the first trial the lies and manipulations were hammered home again and again. This very important aspect of BPD cannot be expressed enough. If my interpretation of these questions is correct, it is not that someone doesn't get it--sounds more like someone is trying to justify the murder due to history of abuse and mental illness--I really, really hope I am wrong. And if this is one juror, I pray that he/she doesn't make the cut.

Also, do you know where or who stated a juror was a psychologist? Seems very strange that not one question so far sounds like something a psych would ask. Is it possible this person has a B.S/B.A. in psychology, not an actual Psychologist?

I really really hope you are wrong. Wish we could have seen jury selection. Could it be someone dumbing down questions?

I don't remember any texts saying Travis gave Jodi passwords....maybe the juror misunderstood. I hope Juan can clear up.

What I remember is talk of password exchanges in Jodi's journal...

I think this question is about Nurmi implying JA might have had PTSD from the childhood sexual assault that JA's father supposedly observed but JA didn't remember. I think the juror is pointing out that having "knowledge" of an event that you don't remember can't cause PTSD.

Bless you. I hope you're right.

I think this question is about Nurmi implying JA might have had PTSD from the childhood sexual assault that JA's father supposedly observed but JA didn't remember. I think the juror is pointing out that having "knowledge" of an event that you don't remember can't cause PTSD.

Forgive my ignorance,AZ, but is this good or bad for the state?

Didn't JA mention that they had exchanged passwords? How is possible to build 'trust' by exchanging passwords? BS.

Yes, but the guy asked about a text from Travis to Jodi giving her all his passwords. I've never heard that.

I'd sure like to see the proof of TA having said that... especially after his rant about how JA didn't respect privacy.

Me too. I absolutely do not believe that he shared passwords with her and I have never seen anything from anyone other than Jodi that says that they did. If anyone can find a text or journal entry of TA's that confirms that he did, I would like to read it because I've been looking for it and have never seen it.

Again, it seems this juror has been leaning more toward the defense anyway for some time now. I don't think De's testimony changed anything for him. Or for any jurors leaning toward the state.

As for the rest of your post, wow, disagree. Why would it be up to Travis to get her help? They weren't even together.

Travis didn't even know Jodi's mom, why would he call her?

I find it curious MeeBee. Because everyone has said all along and I agree with it that Travis was a good guy and wanted to see the good in everyone. They didn't need to be together for him to be wanting to help her. They were friendly.

I found the text disturbing. He's telling his friends that he thinks she's suicidal. They don't need to be in a relationship for him to want to do something to help instead of you know making kind of jokes in his e-mail exhanges (Say Hi to Jodi Reagen) if he really thinks she's so crazy and suicidal. That's the reason I agree with Nurmi that he might have been lying to his friends about that. I don't think he would treat someone who was suicidal like that.

If I really think someone I know is suicidal, I'd try to help and I think TA would to. Again, that's why I think Nurmi was right when he said TA told his friends things about JA that might not have been true.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 44s 44 seconds ago
Do you consider BPD a mental illness or physiological disorder..why?
Dr- She described the disorder #jodiarias #3tvarias

Other killers, (i.e Ted Bundy) was dx with BPD and he still got the DP. Still, I don't like the jury questions. I think at least one juror drank the DT's BS kool-aid.

I have a question. When they were asking about Travis complaining to other women about Jodi not leaving him alone, weren't Travis and Jodi already done by then? By done I mean not a couple, and except for Jodi constantly putting herself in Travis' life was he still having regular sex with her at this point?

I agree that this juror had already made up his/her mind long before Demarte's testimony. How is it possible to doubt her credentials and testimony? Crazy.

Hey LambChop,
could you take a poll tonight, now that DeMarte's testimony is over. Ask who believes she will get natural life and who believes she will get the DP?

I guess. We will find out in a few months. :(.
A lot of my complaints go back to JSS. This admitted killer was arrested almost 7 years ago (I think I had said 8, but anyway...) and she has lost attorneys, fired and rehired attorneys, and had so many delays that people get tired and worn and want it all to end. Just what the killer wants.

And the judge made a fatal mistake by allowing her to testify in secret. Because now her reason for not returning to the stand is she is too mentally ill to do so. JSS caused this! And we expect jurors to see it the way we do. We can't fault them if they see it another way. It has been made easy for them.

And DeMarte said DeVault was a Psycopath but for some reason Jodi just has BPD. To me, DeMarte comes across as being sorry for Jodi also. That's my take.

Maybe DeMarte diagnosed Jodi with BPD rather than ASPD (antisocial personality disorder/ "psychopath") because Jodi did not meet the diagnostic criteria for ASPD.

Forgive my ignorance,AZ, but is this good or bad for the state?

If that's what the juror meant, the juror would be leaning toward the state.

To me, it looks like one or more jurors believe all of JA's lies. She was used and abused....and, to these jurors, he deserved to die. Thank you Judge Sherry for making it possible for the defense team and JA to put the victim on trial. May Travis' face haunt you the rest of your life. Blessings to the Alexander family and loved ones of Travis. The State of Arizona owes you a big apology for allowing such an incompetent judge to preside and for not doing anything to stop her. Shame on you
This post almost made me cry! It's so true.

JA wrote that in her journal. I don't remember if that entry was presented to this jury though.

Right? That question about Travis giving her all his passwords: where did that come from? I have never seen such a text and I do not recall anything like that being mentioned in tweets.

Nor me. So far as I recall, we only have Arias' word for it, that they exchanged passwords.

Right. A juror or more than one are believing the liar. And, why not? He secret testimony hasn't been challenged. As far as the jury knows, Juan just decided not to cross exam so everything she said is the truth. Sherry, again, allowed the victim to be trashed in her courtroom. Vile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela