Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounded like there were two biggies. One was over this expert witness who flipped to the state. The other was over the prosecutor telling the jury that the board that controls pardons could overturn a LWOP verdict. It seems interesting.

I wonder if during closing the DT will try to make the case that under current AZ law, LWP is the same as LWOP so no matter what happens if they vote down death she will never walk the streets again. That seems like a highly improper argument, but I wouldn't put it past them to try to sneak that in just in case there is a juror who'd tend to vote for death as the only way to keep her locked up for sure.

There is nothing to guarantee anyone can be locked up forever no matter what. Verdicts or sentences can be overturned, governors can issue pardons, laws can change, etc.
---------------

As I recall, Willmott made that exact argument during the last penalty phase.

With her directness on the BPD diagnosis no matter who questions her, it's obvious Demarte is not a hired gun. It's evidently been JM's strategy to emphasize that she's not. The jury is going to know that all the DT experts, by contrast, are hired guns, because they now very obviously were biased in their findings. JM impeached Karp, Samuels, Geff, Fonseca, and ALV all in one day. BOOM! He got DT to impeach them all for him!

Now that the jurors have seen a competent Psych expert, it might be enlightening to compare the juror questions for DeMarte to those that come if F or G take the stand again.

Right? That question about Travis giving her all his passwords: where did that come from? I have never seen such a text and I do not recall anything like that being mentioned in tweets.

This question upsets me to MeeBee
Q: in convo TA says JA can have his pwords. Is it still intrusive if someone logs on? #jodiarias

NO way did they "exchange" passwords. Just because SHE says they did??? Common sense should tell the whole jury this is BS....SMH
She HACKED into his accounts!!

BBM ~ Didn't her brother write an affidavit about abuse in the Arias household?

IMO, JA was not abused as a child. She rebelled in her teens by smoking weed and hanging out with "bad boys". Anyways, "abuse" is such a loose term.

ITA that abuse is a loose term these days. I personally don't think the dynamics of her family were particularly awful or abnormal. There are no perfect parents. I do believe that her personality disorder made her a difficult child for her parents. Borderlines are very hard on the people around them, and her "nothing is my fault" typical (IME). I also think at least some her lying stems from the BPD person's way of twisting reality to fit their internal narrative. (also IME). Challenging them isn't a nice experience. For Travis, it was deadly. moo

---------------

As I recall, Willmott made that exact argument during the last penalty phase.

And I seem to recall KN hinting at it this time around. Too bad we can't go pore through the David Lohr videos huh? :tantrum:

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 3h3 hours ago

#JodiArias in crt today. Judge wants to meet individually with jurors in chambers. Reason?. No end in sight for case.

:gaah:

Wonder if this has to do with Juan's computer guy and the DT not budging on needing the report.

Ugh!

ITA that abuse is a loose term these days. I personally don't think the dynamics of her family were particularly awful or abnormal. There are no perfect parents. I do believe that her personality disorder made her a difficult child for her parents. Borderlines are very hard on the people around them, and her "nothing is my fault" typical (IME). I also think at least some her lying stems from the BPD person's way of twisting reality to fit their internal narrative. (also IME). Challenging them isn't a nice experience. For Travis, it was deadly. moo
Thank you for saying that. I think that there are all kinds of households and to be honest, I can see Jodi being a problem child who needed discipline. I was spanked as a child but I was not abused. My mom had a wooden spoon that she would pull out when we were acting horrible but I don't ever remember getting hit with it. It was just there and usually stopped us from doing whatever it was again.
I think that JA is a woe is me everyone abuses me, Everyone hurts me, Everyone lies to me, Everyone uses me person. WAHWAH WAH...

Have they given a date when they think this will go to Jury?!

HA! In my world of software development the answer is always "real soon now" or RSN. That means we hope/think/pray that it will be in the near future, but honestly we don't really know when the heck it'll finally be done.

Jumping off your post.

What happens after a Mormon leaves the Singles Ward at 30. They obviously don't fit in with the Marrieds. So, is there an Over Thirties Ward? Surely these 30+ people are not now considered to be unsuited for marriage? :thinking:

I'm not Mormon so you probably know as much as I do. It's been insinuated through the trial, IMO, that once you hit 30 and go to the adult wards your chances of finding a mate are greatly diminished.

Alexander sisters come out of Sherrys super secret chamber looking sad. Sherry questioning jurors one by one....dang, hope Juan didn't make another mistake. Seems he's the only one held accountable in that "court of law according to Sherry"...:facepalm:

Alexander sisters come out of Sherrys super secret chamber looking sad. Sherry questioning jurors one by one....dang, hope Juan didn't make another mistake. Seems he's the only one held accountable in that "court of law according to Sherry"...:facepalm:

She was probably asking them about their schedule.

I hope she doesn't get to walk and instead adds to her flab.

LOL AZL did clarify regarding Jodi being transported from Jail to Court thru the tunnel. She clarified in a later post that Jodi is in Estrella and not housed at Courthouse Jail. Threads fly so fast some folks missed it or are still getting caught up.

Not through reading yet....but wow if Jodi gets life, it's because JSS allowed secret testimony with no cross.

She sure did add a lot of child abuse. And now I am wondering if Jodi caused Darryl's divorce...you know she can't be without a man very long. Started Ventura in Oct. 2001
BBM. I disagree. JSS did what she felt she needed to do to minimize the DT's appeals. She knew she'd be overturned anyway, and the secret testimony is out in the open, so no harm, no foul. Juan didn't protest because he has demolished all those lies.

@jeffgoldesq: AZ Supreme Ct added #JodiArias appeal to agenda for tomorrow. But NOT oral argument. So not clear if that is reason for no trial tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove