Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks in the South are just the best. So hospitable. I'm in Canada but close enough to Detroit Mi. thats the weather i get. So if u hear Detroit's weather. I'm getting it too. LOL

Well if you're in Windsor I'm very jealous!!! We went there years ago on vaycay and I fell in love with it.

We can see Nurms line of questioning shows that he isn't a very good defense atty. I'm all for aggressive attys, & I've heard a lot of them. But, they are aggressive in proving impeachment, ie. FACTS. Nurm knows he has nothing so he resorts to name calling & frankly, stupid statements. Thinking that yelling & being loud is effective. I've heard def attys impeaching effectively in calm quiet tones.

Nurmi was not only loud and yelling, but he was obnoxious! He only presented disdain for Dr. DeMarte and twisted facts. He went ballistic, like he was throwing a temper tantrum. I did not appreciate his 'method' at all. It was very unprofessional. And that's putting it mildly.

I agree, It's difficult to explain how exhausting it is loving someone who is PD. I don't think you're horrible for hanging up on yet another suicide threat. I remember the last time my BPD mom attempted suicide (which she tries, unsuccessfully in the same way each time) I was waiting to hear from the police and/or the hospital and I couldn't decide if it was better that she was fine or successful this time. My mom doesn't threaten suicide to me anymore because she knows it will always end with her being carted off alone to the ER...she does however still "attempt" it on rare occasions.

KP, the truth of what Travis likely experienced comes from those who have lived it, like I said to Kate--thanks for sharing to bring awareness to others.:grouphug:

Hi everyone... OK, I know you do quite a lot with trying to understand what all these questions and answers are all about. One of the things I Keep thinking about is our one and only Juan.... I am sure JM will clear all this up in his closing. He will bring all these questions, answers, statements, remarks full circle. JM knows more about how a jury thinks then the entire DF team has in all their years of experience. I have seen it stated here several times, the DF never takes the jury into consideration. Lets all take a big breath and let JM do his job. We are close to the end and it will work its self out. JMO
I can only hope Juan does exactly that. Today I feel almost as dirty as I did when Geff was testi-lying about Travis. Thankfully Juan knocked Geff's teeth out on cross.

I know Juan is... "capable" (as Jodi says), but he really needs to leave nothing open to interpretation for this jury before they begin their deliberations. I can accept Dr. D labeling Jodi as BPD, and while that may explain why she was "capable" of brutally slaughtering TA, I don't see how it's a mitigating factor for her as she clearly didn't kill all her old boy-friends who she felt cheated on her. Ok, I'm starting to sound like a broken record now. Time to step away from the keyboard for a while. Time for some behavioral modification.

Well if you're in Windsor I'm very jealous!!! We went there years ago on vaycay and I fell in love with it.

So glad u liked it. No not Windsor but close. There sometimes to shop but mostly cross the water and support your economy LOL

My understanding was that LWOP prisoners at Perryville are separated to solitary for the first few years they're there until they get "adjusted" to their new life.

I had previously posted, erroneously it now seems, that Marissa DeVault (13th juror's trial), who was convicted in June of 2014 of killing her husband by bludgeoning him with a hammer, was already in general population. I read that somewhere, but can't substantiate it. However, I can confirm from Perryville records that she does have a job which allows her to be out of her cell during the day. Not quite the same thing as solitary.

I believe that she knew enough personal information about him (name, birth date, birth city, parent (maiden) and sibling names, Social Security Number, bank routing and account numbers, etc.) that she could easily 'crack' his security questions, reset his passwords and 'gaslight' him into thinking he had reset them himself; back and forth, just like the other stalking 'games' that she played for keeps.

I said this the other day, every aspect of her "relationship" with Travis was about manipulation. From landing him at PPL, inserting herself into his other relationships--the Hughes--hacking his personal accounts, sneaking into his house, threatening suicide etc., etc. it's ALWAYS been about her manipulating him.

I think the jury maybe losing sight of this :(. But as others have said, there is no way to really know what the jurors are thinking, and what they think right now could change dramatically by the time deliberation is done.

What worries more right now is JSS seeing each juror individually. Do we have any idea why she would do this?

I'm not Mormon so you probably know as much as I do. It's been insinuated through the trial, IMO, that once you hit 30 and go to the adult wards your chances of finding a mate are greatly diminished.

I think you go from the singles ward once you turn 31. Travis was getting close to that age. I think that's why he was in such a hurry to find a Mormon wife.

Jury questions ----------

Q: Was Jodi mentally ill prior to the murder?
DeMarte: She has Borderline Personality Disorder. That doesn't come out of the blue, it happens over time.

Q: Without having training in DAPS testing, what is your basis for believing Dr. Geffner administered it incorrectly?
DeMarte: It's a self-reporting test. Don't need extensive training in it. Any psychologist could have picked out his errors.

Q: How many tests are there to diagnose Borderline Personality Disorder and PTSD?
DeMarte: There are hundreds of tests. Some are more popular than others.

Q: How many did you personally administer?
DeMarte: I administered 4 tests: MMPI, RAP, TSI and WAIS.

Q: How many years experience do you have in treating domestic violence victims?
DeMarte: Since 2004

Q: How many years do you have in treating sexual abuse victims?
DeMarte: Since 2004

Q: Do these fields require certification?
DeMarte: Yes for a clinical psychologist. To treat PTSD or victims of domestic violence, there's no certification out there.

Q: When you were treating patients from 2004-2008, was it by yourself or with another psychologist?
DeMarte: Before licensed I practiced under the license of another psychologist but I met alone with the patient. This is standard.

Q: Do you feel that the knowledge of a sexual assault is as damaging as having a memory of it?
DeMarte: It can manifest into PTSD but you have to have the symptoms. It wouldn't be PTSD without memory.

Q: Can the body have reactions to certain stimuli that trigger feelings to suppressed memories?
DeMarte: Yes, there could be a physiological reaction.

Q: In one of the communications between Jodi and Travis, Travis says Jodi can have all of his passwords. Is that still considered unwanted intrusive behavior?
DeMarte: No, not when they exchanged information. As time went on, it was clear that Travis took away the permission.

Q: There were some communications between Travis and other women where he complained that Jodi wouldn't leave him alone. Were these people, like Michele Lowry, aware he was still seeing Jodi?
DeMarte: Not to the extent it was sexual.

Q: How long in total did Jodi work at the Purple Plum both times?
DeMarte: I would need to look at my notes.....I'm not sure.

Q: Did you monitor her at all after the four times you met with her?
DeMarte: No.

Q: How far back did your forensic evaluation go and were all the records were available?
DeMarte: All the records pertaining to her were made available to me, as far as I know. My evaluation went back to her childhood.

Q: Do you consider Borderline Personality Disorder a mental illness or a psychological disorder and why?
DeMarte: It's a psychological disorder which has the same meaning as mental illness.

Q: How does dissociation play into Borderline Personality Disorder?
DeMarte: It's a technique to distance oneself from an environment that is anxiety provoking. One of the symptoms of BPD is dissociation and paranoia.

http://www.courtchatter.com/2015/02/jodi-arias-dr-demarte-completes-her.html?spref=tw

BBM ~ Didn't her brother write an affidavit about abuse in the Arias household?

IMO, JA was not abused as a child. She rebelled in her teens by smoking weed and hanging out with "bad boys". Anyways, "abuse" is such a loose term.

BBM

Not nearly as loose as the especially cruel lying torture murderess.

JA's 'ground' more men than I have coffee beans.

Coffee.PNG

In her secret testimony to this jury, JA described a perfect childhood until around age 7 when her mom deployed the wooden spoon on occasion to both her and Carl. From DeMarte we learned JA has high intelligence, so I think JA's BPD explains why she repeated kindergarten and then attended a private school the next three years. She had a behavior disorder that manifested very early, probably related to Carl's arrival and having to share attention imo.

Well, that is very telling! Tells me she really was exhibiting abnormal behavior at an early age.

Actually, WAT tweeted they looked "somber"....I messed it up said "sad" then "solemn"....maybe, just should say they weren't smiling? :blushing:

All good Amster. I would take with a grain a salt. They could just be exhausted knowing there is no end in sight. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove