Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know for sure is that issue with MDLR is NOT for JSS to address at all. It is an unrelated civil matter that had nothing at all to do with this trial.

If JSS has somehow allowed the DT to wiggle that issue into affecting this trial in any way, shape, or form, then I need to become a judge. Common sense tells us that JSS and this court has no business even addressing anything to do with that.

It is a total civil matter only.

It would be no different than if Juan stepped into the street after court and was robbed at gunpoint. He would have to take it up with LE.

ITA too, I mean seriously the public does what the public does (free speech and all) but a professional engaging in such inappropriate remarks is a different level entirely and speaks to an employee code of conduct issue.

I read on one of the FB pages that the *advertiser censored* comment can't come out because her twitter is set to private. And also some over there are saying the three people whoever they are should be ousted so we can get on with the trial. They seem not to care about free speech I guess. I mean if something was said IN court I could understand, but on the street? I mean it's not SMART to say whatever comes to your mind but you still should have that right in this country.

Hmmm I'm reading Mikal's comments on her FB page and I'm not totally sure she actually is innocent here.

She does seem a little unhinged and can't spell to save her life, but knowing that that would make JA cringe makes it okay with me:)

But did you see the picture of her and JM? He looks more than a little uncomfortable, IMO.

When I had to testify in court, I had no choice. I had to show up when the court said to and be ready for a call back at any time. I had no choice. I told my employer and arrangements were made. I don't understand this delay issue. The defense witnesses apparently knew ( from the defense lawyers) that they had to testify again, so they should have made their calendar very flexible for the month. This is just a delay tactic. I hope the judge does follow up with phone calls and tells them they need to come in and set a date at her choosing.

I was once called by a defense team late in the day to inform me that I was to testify THE VERY NEXT DAY on a case involving a neighbor's claim of domestic violence against her husband. I had never been subpoenaed and in fact did not even know the matter was before a court (they had moved away by then). Weirdly enough, they tried to sound like they were calling in an official capacity for the court, and attempted to make me believe that I was legally required to be there, and were quite unpleasant when I said I could not be. (I had a 5 year old and would have needed time to arrange childcare.) Clearly someone on their end erred in not issuing and serving a subpoena.

However, had I been subpoenaed I would have had time to prepare and appear as required. There are absolutely no excuses for the defense team "experts" not having made sure their schedules allowed for flexibility in appearing in court on short notice. That is what they are paid for.

late in coming to read here and noticed a lot of people have been asking the same question - not lawyer (but my BIL is) and I didn't stay at the Holiday Inn last night - but I believe the reason she is allowing this is because the Defense accused Juan of mis-conduct with the computer stuff and asked for the death penalty to be taken out.

That's just my guess...

:wave:

But I don't understand why JSS is dragging the jury into a matter that is not their concern and 100% unrelated to their role in this sentencing phase.

What an expression - think this might have had something to do w/one (or more) of Nurmi histrionics today?

Capture.JPG

Just read ^ Hope's comment. I didn't see tired, I thought it was trying not to laugh outloud. Also maybe a little mischievous?

I wanted to make some baby booties and typed in "how to make baby booties". I got so much *advertiser censored* you would not believe. My husband asked what was I looking for. I said baby booties. He just gave me that look. So I can see how innocently you could google things. My computer history is probably full of *advertiser censored*.

I once typed www.[popular NASCAR driver name].com, but misspelled the driver's last name by one letter and got a pr0n site instead. I don't want to think how many other seemingly innocent website names are pr0n-related. smh

I was once called by a defense team late in the day to inform me that I was to testify THE VERY NEXT DAY on a case involving a neighbor's claim of domestic violence against her husband. I had never been subpoenaed and in fact did not even know the matter was before a court (they had moved away by then). Weirdly enough, they tried to sound like they were calling in an official capacity for the court, and attempted to make me believe that I was legally required to be there, and were quite unpleasant when I said I could not be. (I had a 5 year old and would have needed time to arrange childcare.) Clearly someone on their end erred in not issuing and serving a subpoena.

However, had I been subpoenaed I would have had time to prepare and appear as required. There are absolutely no excuses for the defense team "experts" not having made sure their schedules allowed for flexibility in appearing in court on short notice. That is what they are paid for.

I requested a subpoena, because of my employer for the company records. However, I was not given much notice, and then the day I testified, I was told I would be called back and have to appear with little notice. The educational job I had at the time needed a replacement for me. Because of the specific job, it did matter who was called as a replacement. I just don't understand this 'elder adult professional' and the 'defense team' but then I do....I just won't say what I think.

BK said attorneys and Chaha at sidebar. No open hearing. Court over. Observers not told if matter was resolved. Back tomorrow at 10.

JSS could not have her secret testimony so this is her way at getting back at the COA. Just have secret meetings in the back and dont tell the public anything about what happened.

Geeeee. Thanks Judge.

Im sorry to be so upset with her but this is beyond ridiculous.

She does seem a little unhinged and can't spell to save her life, but knowing that that would make JA cringe makes it okay with me:)

But did you see the picture of her and JM? He looks more than a little uncomfortable, IMO.

That whole thing made Juan a little uncomfortable. I kind of don't like these people. Her and the cane lady and that little group are the kind of women who treat this trial like a spectator sport and stir up drama. I would not be surprised if the song was deliberate.

But MDLR has been engaging herself in drama for a while now and then crying harassment. Running to the judge about this is kind of silly, IMO. She is being immature.

Why can't everyone just mind their own.

Jen says she saw Mikal giving an interview to a local news station so hopefully we will hear a little more about it soon, her side, and if she was called into the secret sidebar hearing.

Well I think my problem is fixed, but on Beth's site there is a pop up for chatting with Thaimatches.com.

Sky Hughes confronted Mrs. Arias and her friend outside the courtroom. Shouldn't she be criticised just as much as the "singers"?

Well, I'm Mexican and it don't offend me. You'd really have to be looking for something to be offended at...

Exactly! My haole (term used by Hawaiians to refer caucasian) friend doesn't like to be called a haole when in Hawaii. Not derogatory term at all.
Off topic: I was a flight attendant many moons ago. On one flight from Hawaii to Japan, my purser asked me to go help a Haole man over there pointing at him. I didn't know what that meant and I thought I heard 'go help that holy man'. I couldn't find a holy man so I just went to someone who looked desperately in need for help. It worked out ok.

I would think the complaint by MDLR would need to be handled by JSS (if by anyone) simply because the Nurms wants these people removed from JSS's courtroom.

All I know for sure is that issue with MDLR is NOT for JSS to address at all. It is an unrelated civil matter that had nothing at all to do with this trial.

If JSS has somehow allowed the DT to wiggle that issue into affecting this trial in any way, shape, or form, then I need to become a judge. Common sense tells us that JSS and this court has no business even addressing anything to do with that.

It is a total civil matter only.

It would be no different than if Juan stepped into the street after court and was robbed at gunpoint. He would have to take it up with LE.

Good points!! Note the head of security was called to answer to JSS but security didn't intervene to stop the singing. You'd think security would intervene if a racist attack was occurring against an officer of the court on court property. I'm really glad the DT has made this stink. For all we know, the 3 have been receiving nasty tweets from Cougarlouscious for months. I seem to recall she uses the word *advertiser censored* often but she also has a whole lot of other really ignorant things to say about 'haters'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member