Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He has no absolute right to surrebuttal so he would need to see what the defense does in rebuttal before asking for one.

Unless the defense drops a bombshell (which I doubt) I'm hoping Juan just uses cross examinations to debunk the crap they are going to replay over and over. At this point, if the jury doesn't get it, no surrebuttal is going to help. I just don't see it being needed. What are your thoughts AZL.

Today is defense's rebuttal correct? Hopefully JSS will keep it short and not let them ramble on and on.

oh you've got higggghhhh hope, you've got higggghhhh hopes you've got high apple pie in the skyyyy hopes...

mmmmmm pie!

BBM--Yes, please let it be so. Btw Good Morning Nash...and everyone here.

OBE, I too dread the DT witnesses--wouldn't it be great if they just get up there answer the questions without getting into the weeds.

That truly would be a miracle but we all know it isn't going to happen.

KN has become a farmer in this case and he loves to stay in the weeds.:) He must be mowing that weedy field with an old rusty blade because he never seems to make any headway.:D

BBM--Yes, please let it be so. Btw Good Morning Nash...and everyone here.

OBE, I too dread the DT witnesses--wouldn't it be great if they just get up there answer the questions without getting into the weeds.

Morning my friend:)

As much as I try to remain positive about the defense witnesses being quick, I think we will be knee deep in the weeds within minutes with each and every witness they call. Delay is the name of the game. The good part, the jury was told to expect an end to this next week. They will know who to blame (again) if it drags on and gets delayed.

:seeya:

:thinking: . . . :thinking: . . . Nah ... JSS will let them ramble on and on and on ... does not want to be overturned on appeal.

:seeya:

What happened to the transcripts? They have not been released yet. :thinking:

Thanks for the tweets DGC :seeya:

Warn me next time, I just snorted coffee out my nose.

[emoji477]

Hey, there is always hope. It is possible that the last jury question which was not answered may have been, not saying it was but could have been, "Are we done yet?"

Probably won't be released 'till JA has decided whether or not she will get up and speak in open court. If she decides to speak, they probably won't be released 'till after she has finished. JMO

I thought OJ was bad. This is easily the most frustrating and heinous trial I have ever followed

Unless the defense drops a bombshell (which I doubt) I'm hoping Juan just uses cross examinations to debunk the crap they are going to replay over and over. At this point, if the jury doesn't get it, no surrebuttal is going to help. I just don't see it being needed. What are your thoughts AZL.

I agree. If we're tired of this trial, the jury must be exhausted. :)

:seeya: THANKS for the reminder, rose !

:tantrum: So WHY hasn't the super duper secret transcript from the in chambers meeting on October 30, 2014 been released ?

I am not sure I can stomach JW or KN today. I'm sure they will be beating the same dead horse. The computer was filled with child *advertiser censored*!! T-Dogg was abusive!! JA has PTSD!! Dr. D is young and inexperienced!!

:seeya: Mulling over the break about what this jury has heard, I'm of the opinion that, unless Juan gives the most powerful closing argument of his career, they are going to quickly give Arias life, on the premise that she is mentally ill. Not knowing a fraction of what we know, and backed up by Dr. D's diagnosis, it's the simplest way for them to explain away her bizarre behaviours, and the viciousness of the killing. It will account for her lack of remorse, and eliminate the need to plough through all the abuse/*advertiser censored*/computer/texts nonsense. They cannot fail to recognise the 'blame the victim' defence, but I'm afraid they won't realise this is Arias' doing and will think it all defence lawyers' tactics.

I feel for them having to go through this upcoming re-run of slime, and I am angry that they have been hoodwinked. I bet they too will be angry when they are finally dismissed and learn of her true nature.

I will happily eat my hat if they give the DP.

Okay - on with this sick circus. All rotten things must come to an end.

Does anyone know yet who Juan is bringing in for surrebuttal? I haven't read anything yet? Last time it was only Geff for the defense & Dr. Jill Hayes & Deanna for the state.(if I am remembering correctly) If defense is now bringing in 4, computer & drs., who will Juan bring?

Is Juan even getting a surrebuttal? From last fall, I seem to remember Dr. Hayes being on the witness list, but so far her name hasn't been mentioned again. Are we really going to see her in action?

Here's hoping the report that Dr. Fonseca is returning was wrong, but I doubt it. Geffner will definitely try to defend his PTSD testing of JA. I'd love to see Dr. Hayes called to rebut him. Geffner also threw in a last minute not-a-diagnosis-but-a- suspicion that JA is bi-polar, so JM may rebut that.

I actually thought at the time that Geff had confused bipolar with borderline.....

an aside....does anyone remember how many hours the May 26th chat/text actually lasted? I remember ALV saying one thing, JM another, and then there was discussion of time differences.
I'm putting together a "full" transcript from tweets, BK and exhibits, and need the total time to order what I have. Thanks for any assistance!

For JSS to have okayed JA's secret testimony, the DT must have provided her compelling "proof" that it was necessary. Some recently released court document indicated Nurmi used JA's "mental impairments" as the reason iirc. Who but Geffner could have provided the "proof", as I think Dr. Fonseca admitted she'd never spoken to JA?

MF did interview JA...a total of 8 hours, iirc.

No ziggy in the courthouse today, at least this morning. Cutting down massive and dangerous Palm fronds over the pool today. One can get impaled with the large spikes so I'm taking my time and going slowly with a helmet and safety glasses - I'll be following the Tweets along with Y'all. Tomorrow is another day...

For JSS to have okayed JA's secret testimony, the DT must have provided her compelling "proof" that it was necessary. Some recently released court document indicated Nurmi used JA's "mental impairments" as the reason iirc. Who but Geffner could have provided the "proof", as I think Dr. Fonseca admitted she'd never spoken to JA?

Good question. I do wonder if KN repeating, ad nauseam, his threats of appeals was enough to convince JSS without any proof.

image.jpg

Justice for Travis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members