Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is not clueless. Neither am I. (And as Hope reminded me, Flores brought in the needed evidence.)
Which is most important in this trial, getting the sentence he is asking for or worrying about clearing his name? Obviously, he had to clear his name but I don't believe that was even as issue for JSS. We all know he is ethical. Besides, JSS should have handled this early on with the defense. She made it harder for the prosecution.

Oh my gosh! I didn't mean to imply that you are clueless....I'm so sorry. Not another word from me today....I promise

Here is the link to Dirk Derstine after Verdict. As it should be. Trust me in that trial there was more than mud slinging that could have been played on for months. Derstine did not go there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39sSHE_EFpw

I have huge respect for Mr Derstine too Bravo. Only time I've seen a defense attorney stick to the letter of the law, make sure every one of his client's rights were covered, preventing any future appeal issues, (even if we didn't like some of the things he had to do) and making sure that the world was a little safer with a child predator, rapist and murderer taken off the streets. He didn't care who "won" as long as justice was served in that case.

I wish they would all see it that way. I see none of that in this trial. :(

MOO

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 18s 18 seconds ago
DeMarte interviewed Jodi after she had been in jail for 3 years and diagnosed her with adjustment disorder. #jodiarias #3tvarias

So Geff is testifying about giving JA the DAPS test again but "modifying" it to look for trauma.

1) If Geff is modifying it - there are no standards for his modification and therefore it is not replicatable, reliable, or research based.
2) Geff is testifying about the diagnosis he gave Jodi and how his diagnosis is more accurate than DeMarte's . . . . but I thought he wasn't licensed in Az.
3) Geff testified yesterday about DeMarte having "confirmatory bias" re: Jodi but goes on to say that he "knows" that Travis was violent to Jodi (no evidence to back this up except Jodi's account manufactured years later).

Tammy Rose @News20Chopper · now
Our first sidebar. #JodiArias How many do you think we will have today?

:seeya:

I have a fantasy.

Imagine the Arias courtroom this morning.

"All rise for Judge Roland Steinle."

"Good morning. Be advised that I am now the presiding judge of the State of Arizona vs. Jodi Arias re-sentencing trial. My docket has been cleared to hear only this trial and bring it to its long overdue conclusion. Therefore, court will commence at 9 a.m. each day, with one hour for lunch. Meals will be brought in for the jury; counsel may wish to brown bag it. There will be no continuances for any reason, other than at the behest of a juror.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, you may expect to commence your deliberations on Wednesday, February 25th, at 9 a.m. sharp.

Mr. Nurmi: all existing motions before this court have been denied. If you cannot resist the urge to put pen to paper again, be sure to address your pleadings to the Court of Appeal. You have, I understand, three witnesses to take the stand after Dr. Geffner. Please advise Mr. John Smith that he will be required to testify under his own name. Each of your witnesses will be allowed one half-day to complete their testimony - the afternoon allotted to cross examination.

Miss Arias: You realise, of course, that if your fragility prevents you from continuing your testimony in open court, the same precedent will apply to allocution.

Henceforth, there will be no secrets; no sidebars; and no in chamber meetings.

You may proceed."

I so think I would pee myself

:seeya:

I have a fantasy.

Imagine the Arias courtroom this morning.

"All rise for Judge Roland Steinle."

"Good morning. Be advised that I am now the presiding judge of the State of Arizona vs. Jodi Arias re-sentencing trial. My docket has been cleared to hear only this trial and bring it to its long overdue conclusion. Therefore, court will commence at 9 a.m. each day, with one hour for lunch. Meals will be brought in for the jury; counsel may wish to brown bag it. There will be no continuances for any reason, other than at the behest of a juror.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, you may expect to commence your deliberations on Wednesday, February 25th, at 9 a.m. sharp.

Mr. Nurmi: all existing motions before this court have been denied. If you cannot resist the urge to put pen to paper again, be sure to address your pleadings to the Court of Appeal. You have, I understand, three witnesses to take the stand after Dr. Geffner. Please advise Mr. John Smith that he will be required to testify under his own name. Each of your witnesses will be allowed one half-day to complete their testimony - the afternoon allotted to cross examination.

Miss Arias: You realise, of course, that if your fragility prevents you from continuing your testimony in open court, the same precedent will apply to allocution.

Henceforth, there will be no secrets; no sidebars; and no in chamber meetings.

You may proceed."

:great: :great: :great:

:cheers:

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 55s 55 seconds ago
Geff- This disorder should be diagnosed 3 months after jail so she should have been diagnosed w/ anxiety by the time she saw her #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 17s 17 seconds ago
sidebar.....I'm carb free and really want a muffin right now #jodiarias

From News20:

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 2m2 minutes ago

Our first sidebar.
#JodiArias How many do you think we will have today?

:judge: #1

Will probably have about 15-20 today !

From WAT:

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 31s31 seconds ago

Dr. De interviewed #JodiArias 3yrs after being locked up.
Should have been diagnosed w/anxiety according to Geff.

From MW:

Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv · 1m1 minute ago

Over/under side bar # set at 16 today #jodiarias #3tvarias

Oh my gosh! I didn't mean to imply that you are clueless....I'm so sorry. Not another word from me today....I promise

Amster, it's all good. We are on the same side. Lately, when I watch BK live, I get concerned. She has always been so fair. I am not sure which side she is on. And she keeps saying she has to get back to NY, so she wishes this trial would end. I don't believe her heart is in this anymore. She may have a new career waiting for her and she has committed to this. :(

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 19s 19 seconds ago
DeMarte doesn't believe PTSD is accurate and Geffner says that's likely not correct #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 57s 57 seconds ago
Geff says he administered this "not in a standard way" because they had a lot of info & it gave them a feel. It wasn't used diagnostically

Used the test to "get a feel?" Is getting a feel more scientific than the "belief" he mocked DM for yesterday?

I have another question besides the one I posted previous.
Don't you think that Juan should be given a sur-rebuttal since Dr. G is insulting Dr. DeM in EVERY response he gives. Every sentence manages to give a dig against her for his paycheck. Juan would have to show evidence that he is very incorrectly presenting things?

Tammy Rose @News20Chopper · 1m 1 minute ago
#JodiArias was smiling a lot this morning. She looks really happy.

if she us that happy,they must be loading her up on meds,not right,but I think they do that when she is getting edgy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar