Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess RG forgot to read the forensic examiner.........

http://www.theforensicexaminer.com/2014/Phsycforensic.php

The Unethical Forensic Colleague

One of the challenges facing a psychological expert witness is confronting an unethical forensic colleague. Judicial proceedings, by their nature, are adversarial. However, the psychological expert witness should not be adversarial or be an advocate for a party or a cause. The psychological expert witness is expected to testify or offer evidence in a truthful, unbiased manner (Cohen, 2004). The APA Code specifies under General Principle C: Integrity that “psychologists seek to promote accuracy, honesty, and truthfulness in the science, teaching, and practice of psychology” (2002).

Good morning all. I just watched the live video of Beth Karas from last night. She could not understand why JM spent his time in this phase refuting all the *advertiser censored* when this jury did not get to hear anything about premeditation, i.e., gas cans, hair color change, license upside down, driving a thousand miles, voicemails afterward for the cover up, etc. Beth said she understands it is now too late for JM to bring any of this up to the jury. I asked AZ about this on question thread for lawyers. I also have wondered why this jury didn't hear all of that. I would like to know your thoughts.

I really wish Sky and Chris had waited before writing their book....once again, their actions are being used against Travis

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
Willmott had another case being heard by the judge so we are about to begin #jodiarias #3tvarias

BK says how strange it is that the defense has never asked Geffner if, in his opinion, Jodi has borderline pd

I am a bit behind so forgive me if this has been said. This to me reeks of JA. A lawyer, anyone who has gone to law school really, would know better. I truly suspect the marching orders from JA are I don't have BPD but the state says I do so it is a mitigator. Makes no sense whatsoever and thus to me can only be her idea.

Good morning all. I just watched the live video of Beth Karas from last night. She could not understand why JM spent his time in this phase refuting all the *advertiser censored* when this jury did not get to hear anything about premeditation, i.e., gas cans, hair color change, license upside down, driving a thousand miles, voicemails afterward for the cover up, etc. Beth said she understands it is now too late for JM to bring any of this up to the jury. I asked AZ about this on question thread for lawyers. I also have wondered why this jury didn't hear all of that. I would like to know your thoughts.

I recently reread all of BK's notes for the retrial. JM did cover all those things, via Flores, in the first week. I guess it's been so long since then that even BK has forgotten.

What does "what he did to her" the day of the murder mean? The last pic of a living TA shows him frightened and seated on the shower stall floor with knees bent because the space was so small. The killing blows followed immediately, leaving no time for the tackling/body-slamming JA claims.

You mean the body slam, coupled with him charging her like a linebacker didn't really happen????!!!!

Oh wait, Geff cleared that up yesterday....herPTSD confused her memory. He didn't do THOSE things. now that she can recall the events more clearly, as relayed by the Geff, we finally learn the truth. First he tried choking the life out of her, and she wanted to scratch his eyes out, but she didn't b/c That might hurt him. And when he just wouldn't stop, and she was almost unconscious, she managed to break free, grabbed the gun, shot him in the head, and shockingly he still wouldn't stop charging at her. she then attacked him with the knife. All the while Travis still had the strength to continue abusing her by screaming "you F'ing *****, I'll kill you," so she slit his throat.

Now it all makes sense :facepalm:

What?? He had to spend time on it! He was accused of prosecutorial misconduct!! And, Sherry decided to allow the jury hear all of it! He had to defend himself against vile accusations in front of the jury. Can't believe Beth is clueless about that!

Sorry, just thought the info that this video that TA was accused of watching that last day likely came from JA... since it was her friend that had it on his page.

It's okay, Val1 but the rules are no cutting and pasting from social media sites. You can point to or note the areas readers should look however.

I have been taken aback somewhat by BKs attitude concerning this case.

I don't know where she has been but he did cover all of those things in the aggravation phase with Det. Flores.

He will also bring them out again in his closing.

I really wish Sky and Chris had waited before writing their book....once again, their actions are being used against Travis

:seeya: I agree ... sorry, but ... :couch:

Anyway ... as to "writing a book" :

I wish Tanisha or one of Travis' siblings would write a book as I would like to know the TRUTH: like WHAT REALLY HAPPENED in all those private in-chamber meetings, because I do NOT think we will ever see those transcripts ... how they really felt about all the delays, the defense, JSS, all the BS ... etc ...

JMO, but I doubt they would as they have so much class and dignity !

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 2m 2 minutes ago
#jodiarias is here in a short sleeve purple shirt, hair down, smiling away #3tvarias

From WAT (Kinsey):

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 3m3 minutes ago

We're running a little behind today. Or in general. Like 6 months. #jodiarias

:drumroll: Surprise Surprise ... NOT !

I have said that many times and got hammered for it. There may be a story to tell but it could wait. The only reason to release the book when the jurors hand down their sentence is to make money because the timing will sell more books. So far, their decisions have hurt this case, not helped it.

I hope someone can grab Tammy Rose and MK's tweets, I'll be back and forth today and not able to keep up consistently.

:seeya:

I have a fantasy.

Imagine the Arias courtroom this morning.

"All rise for Judge Roland Steinle."

"Good morning. Be advised that I am now the presiding judge of the State of Arizona vs. Jodi Arias re-sentencing trial. My docket has been cleared to hear only this trial and bring it to its long overdue conclusion. Therefore, court will commence at 9 a.m. each day, with one hour for lunch. Meals will be brought in for the jury; counsel may wish to brown bag it. There will be no continuances for any reason, other than at the behest of a juror.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, you may expect to commence your deliberations on Wednesday, February 25th, at 9 a.m. sharp.

Mr. Nurmi: all existing motions before this court have been denied. If you cannot resist the urge to put pen to paper again, be sure to address your pleadings to the Court of Appeal. You have, I understand, three witnesses to take the stand after Dr. Geffner. Please advise Mr. John Smith that he will be required to testify under his own name. Each of your witnesses will be allowed one half-day to complete their testimony - the afternoon allotted to cross examination.

Miss Arias: You realise, of course, that if your fragility prevents you from continuing your testimony in open court, the same precedent will apply to allocution.

Henceforth, there will be no secrets; no sidebars; and no in chamber meetings.

You may proceed."

I recently reread all of BK's notes for the retrial. JM did cover all those things, via Flores, in the first week. I guess it's been so long since then that even BK has forgotten.

Thank you because I had forgotten as well. That isnt good. Hope the jury remembers.

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but if Juan puts Dr Hayes back up the DT will make hay of the fact that Hayes said she would not call herself a psychologist before licensing.

Demarte said, IIRC, that you could not be called a psychologist before licensing. Not only that, you also have to have a Ph.D. to be called a psychologist. DeMarte is not saying she's been a psychologist for 8 years or whatever: she's saying she had clients and she saw them under supervision. They were "her" clients.

Also, DeMarte, IIRC, when she refers to the fact that she was supervising other individuals during her early years, was supervising test-giving and evaluations, not therapeutic interventions. This is a whole different fact than Geff's spin that she was supervising other therapists and that this was contrary to law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Venusflytrap100