Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the last thread, someone linked Paul Sanders' notes from yesterday. He mentioned that someone in the gallery had some electronic device start beeping in the middle of testimony. Watch for a defense motion to dismiss based on that (I am only half way joking :facepalm:)

Didn't the judge tell the jury that testimony would wrap up next week? What a joke. Defense has 4 witnesses total. If you add in the typical delays that seem to follow this defense team wherever it goes, and its typical beat the dead horse/retry the whole case strategy, I would not be surprised if each witness took 1 week to finish. I also expect that sometime between now and "John Smith," the defense will come up with *advertiser censored* 3.0 (or are we at a higher number than that) which will again delay the jury trial.

I have a question...
Does Juan get to recross each of those 4 scheduled...one at a time...or does he wait till all 4 are done?
Also...does any one think that Juan may have an ace up his sleeve?
Just praying...:please:

:seeya:

Will this do ?

l.jpg

Link: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...D617D388DB1D8C1CA0EBEF19747D&selectedIndex=13

:D

:seeya:

Don't foget the straws!!!

According to tweets, Geffner testified yesterday to JA reporting 2 incidents of domestic violence by TA - the April choking and the June 4 murder (the supposed body-slamming?). In JM's closing in the first trial, he noted that JA had told Dr. Cheryl Karp (sp) of many dv attacks by Travis, 15+. Iirc in her 44 hrs. with ALV, JA dropped the number of dv incidents to around 5 or so. Now Geffner drops the number to 2? How does that help the defense? Are they going to claim in closing that JA had no reason to hate TA enough to kill him, so it must have been self-defense?
Hi! It might be that we aren't getting all the questions & answers from the tweets. To me, all these 'incidents' seemed to be confused by DT. What is the incident of PTSD? Child/sexual abuse from her family? According to the testing, it was from the 'attack by unknown person' on the day of the murder, the intruders? Or it's from Travis choking her? Then, according to their mitigators , it's from Travis' abuse? Then she has it from her committing the murder? It's so mixed up & confusing. They are putting out so much lies the can't pick one & stick with it because none are true. Anyone else confused on WTH they are doing?

Anyone know when the latest motion to dismiss is to be heard? TIA

There is one person that is allowing the defense to retry the case against Travis: JSS.

I was back and forth in regards to judging JSS too harshly, BUT this is too much. A man watching *advertiser censored* is not a mitigator. And it seems the only *advertiser censored* Travis was into was Jodi's bald butt. And he paid with his life. I hope the jury is sick of this. But, I now completely blame JSS for the travesty. All 4 defense witnesses will be talking about *advertiser censored*. They should not be allowed back.

The more I see the DT and especially Geff continue to spout lies about the victim and the defendant, with absolutely nothing to back them up, I have to wonder how it was that the judge in one of the cases Geff testified in called him a paid shill and told the jury to disregard his testimony? At what point can a judge do this? And why hasn't JSS?

MOO

Out of all the tweets tweeted yesterday this one still stands out more than any other.

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 2m2 minutes ago
One of the trauma's #JodiArias focused on was day of murder, not that she killed #Travis but what he did to her.

This shows what a cold unfeeling person JA truly is. To JA everything is about HER. Even murdering Travis in the most heinous way did not traumatically affect her in the slightest. So she makes up another outlandish lie with her playing the victim even at a time when she is the total victimizer.

Imo, this shows extreme narcissism along with other psychological traits.

I hope this wasn't lost on the jurors. I know it wasn't lost on Juan and I am sure his ears perked up when Geffy made the statement.

I am so hoping that Juan gets a turn today so that light and truth once again can enter the courtroom. However I doubt JW is going to shut up and sit down anytime soon and we know by now that Geff likes nothing better than to hear himself talk.

IMO

Yup, I made a similar comment yesterday...it's ALWAYS about her, except of course when she has to take responsibility for her actions and/or show remorse. :rolleyes:

Remember when ALV refused to acknowledge that travis's heinous murder is an example of DV perpetrated by the murderess?

I have a question...
Does Juan get to recross each of those 4 scheduled...one at a time...or does he wait till all 4 are done?

Since JW and Geff have invested so many hours bashing and trashing Dr. Demarte (shows the DT knows the jury found her credible) surely JSS will allow Juan to refute those ridiculous claims and will let him call Dr. Jil Hayes to back up DDs assessments.

Texmex

I think it's very significant. Tells me Jodi is running the defense. Remember when JA's father questioned JA about bi-polar and she went nuts till he took back what he said? And if JA won't admit to bi-polar, she will admit even less to borderline, imo. Jodi is HYPERSENSITIVE to any sort of criticism.

The only diagnosis Jodi will accept is PTSD, which in her mind justifies the death of Travis. She portrays herself in her own demented fantasies as a ninga heroine, pink eye shadow and all. Knives, ningas, masks, martial art films, revenge killings, all Jodi. No remorse.

Speaking of ninjas... and also a certain video that the DT used to give the *advertiser censored* argument some means of legitimacy, before JA went pro per to show the "experts" where to find it, I found a link to one of JA's old myspace friends(appears it might be an old school friend), it was rather interesting reading imo:

http://web.archive.org/web/20090312073345/http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm? fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=13600541

<modsnip>
http://web.archive.org/web/20090312073345/http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=22545983"
[/SIZE][/I]

I am beyond hoping that wilmott wraps up with geff today

So he forgot the January incident which is supposed to have been the starting point for the abuse.

The same incident where "he broke her finger."

This is such a blatent lie. It's not broken, she damaged it when butchering TA...probably a tendon or ligament. If it was broken, they would have entered an X-ray into evidence. No matter how it had been broken they would have used an X-ray to prove it happened that night.

I'm surprised she didn't break it herself--perhaps slamming it in a car door--so that she would have proof. This is another example of her faulty planning, she waited too long to conceive the DV defense. :rolleyes:

I have a question...

Juan gets to cross each witness as soon as they finish their direct testimony. Then jury questions.

Yup, I made a similar comment yesterday...it's ALWAYS about her, except of course when she has to take responsibility for her actions and/or show remorse. :rolleyes:

Remember when ALV refused to acknowledge that travis's heinous murder is an example of DV perpetrated by the murderess?

Oh yes, who can ever forget the 'man hater' ALV?

That is the main problem with the entire defense experts. All of them seem to suffer from narcissism and over inflated egos on their own. None of them will budge an inch. I have never seen that in other trials. While the general theme for a defense expert will be in favor of the one's who hired them of course, respectable and ethical experts, do admit certain things that are so OBVIOUS when being questioned by the state. Just like DD who is totally professional and truthfully answered the questions posed no matter which side was asking them.

Not in this case with these defense experts though and all it shows me is they are all hired guns.

Both MF and Geff have done a lot of lying on the stand and know they are safe because they put the lies out as an opinion. I have found all of the defense experts in this case very unethical and more than willing to sell their soul to the devil for the almighty buck by going down the slime highway.

IMO

I really believe JSS has given the attorneys a firm timeline to wrap this up.

She had one one one with the jurors, as I suspect it may have to do with this endless trial not ending over 2 months ago.

I really believe JSS has given the attorneys a firm timeline to wrap this up.

She had one one one with the jurors, as I suspect it may have to do with this endless trial not ending over 2 months ago.

I think you're a little too optimistic. She told them they should have the case at the end of next week, and we still have 3 more defense witnesses, allocation and closing statements. Only 5 days of court until that deadline comes and goes. I'm betting we are adding another week MINIMUM to that deadline.

Nothing new here and it so goes without saying that what JA did to Travis is so heinous and brutal and tragic beyond words, but even more so because Travis was the one person in her life, probably ever, that tried to be patient with her crazy, and tried to still be friends and help her. His compassion and tolerance and patience was way beyond what most would be capable of. It just breaks my heart in two to think about this.

Truly. And given Travis's past he was likely very vulnerable to whatever bullchit story Jodi gave.

Oh, and that she had PTSD from that day, but not over the murder, but rather WHAT HE DID TO HER.

:facepalm:

What does "what he did to her" the day of the murder mean? The last pic of a living TA shows him frightened and seated on the shower stall floor with knees bent because the space was so small. The killing blows followed immediately, leaving no time for the tackling/body-slamming JA claims.

Can JSS have a conversation with the jurors and their concerns about the trial taking so long? IE., when they were ?talking about the schedule one on one could the juror have related how long this trial is taking and why? Also, I have a chance to go to Phoenix next week and can't decided if I should and would I even be able to get in to watch the trial. Even in the overflow room it would so worth it.

Since JW and Geff have invested so many hours bashing and trashing Dr. Demarte (shows the DT knows the jury found her credible) surely JSS will allow Juan to refute those ridiculous claims and will let him call Dr. Jil Hayes to back up DDs assessments.

I wouldn't count on that. :sigh: The DT witnesses haven't said anything new.

BK says how strange it is that the defense has never asked Geffner if, in his opinion, Jodi has borderline pd

I'm looking forward to JM's cross exam. I'm NOT looking forward to JW's re-direct.:gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar