Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the convicted murderer gets up there and says how she donated to different charities in Mr. Alexander's name I think I will lose it.

I'm so sic of this nasty DT who have stooped below the level of nastiness like their client.

Well, after all of the horrible, terrible, vicious things the defendant and DT claimed about him... I don't think that will go over very well with the jury either.

I don't! JSS is doing the right thing and I trust if the jury hangs, which it won't JSS will give her LWOP!

I want to believe that. I know that with the exception of Juan The jurors are smarter than the Rest of the players here.

If the convicted murderer gets up there and says how she donated to different charities in Mr. Alexander's name I think I will lose it.

I'm so sic of this nasty DT who have stooped below the level of nastiness like their client.
get ready to lose it

I don't! JSS is doing the right thing and I trust if the jury hangs, which it won't JSS will give her LWOP!

Oh man, the way you tirelessly defend the Judge. :) I'll admit that I have my doubts about her giving Arias LWOP. I'm not even thinking about a life sentence because hopefully this jury will come back with a verdict of death. In record time. Please.

Oh man, the way you tirelessly defend the Judge. :) I'll admit that I have my doubts about her giving Arias LWOP. I'm not even thinking about a life sentence because hopefully this jury will come back with a verdict of death. In record time. Please.

It really would be nice if it was quick as if you say to her, Yeah we don't buy your carp. It would just be the worst for her. She thinks the more time she has with people the more they will like her.
I just want her out of the limelight because I know that is what she wants most.

I can hardly wait to see the new and improved 'survivor' shirt. :shame:

I'm with LinasK and I appreciate her tirelessness. I usually scroll past judge-bashing posts.

Death in record time, though! Please!!!

News Flash from News 20:

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 2m2 minutes ago

Just finished my reports for KFYI.

Juror #12 said he didn't believe in death penalty really, only for serial killers. #JodiArias

:great: Glad he's gone !

The Alexander Family and Juan want the DP, so hopefully, the rest of the jurors will vote for the DP !

News Flash from News 20:

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 2m2 minutes ago

Just finished my reports for KFYI.

Juror #12 said he didn't believe in death penalty really, only for serial killers. #JodiArias

:great: Glad he's gone !

The Alexander Family and Juan want the DP, so hopefully, the rest of the jurors will vote for the DP !

HELLO!!! Don't they ask you about that in the beginning?!

Of course....as long as the media is just fine with it. Agree to disagree that Sherry put a firm foot down unless it was on JMs neck. This way, JAs puppets can say in closing how mentally ill Jodi is....and, that Sherry agrees. Poor thing had to have the courtroom cleared because of her mental illness....
Travis Alexander deserved so much more than what he got in this courtroom.....and, yeah, I blame Sherry for that.

I'm just saying it SOUNDS like she put her foot down. We won't actually know either way until we come back from lunch.

Does anyone know which side goes first in closing arguments in the mitigation stage?

Penalty Hearing in a Capital Case -- Procedure (BBM)

If a jury finds one or more aggravating circumstances, the penalty proceedings shall proceed as follows:

(1) The defense may make an opening statement;

(2) The state may then make an opening statement or may defer such opening statement until the close of the defense's evidence;

(3) The victim's survivors may make a statement relating to the characteristics of the victim and the impact of the crime on the victim's family, but may not offer any opinion regarding the appropriate sentence to be imposed;

(4) The defense shall offer evidence in support of mitigation;

(5) The state may then make an opening statement if it was deferred, and offer any evidence relevant to mitigation;

(6) The defense may offer evidence in rebuttal, unless the court, upon a showing of good cause, allows a case-in-chief to be reopened;

(7) The defendant may present statements of allocution to the jury;

(8) The parties may present argument, the defense having the opening and closing;

(9) The judge shall then charge the jury;

With the permission of court, the parties may agree to any other method of proceeding.MM

JM's closing is sandwiched in between DT's opening and closing.

Is this judge going to allow live media feed when the jury returns with a verdict?

Juror #12 voluntarily booted himself imo; i.e. he asked off with cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo