Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious-- if they returned from lunch and the State offered JA the sentence of LWOP, do you think she'd take it? I'm curious.

No because she's claiming she's been wrongfully convicted and that her verdict will be overturned on appeal.

I don't think the a State would accept a plea at this time either, if the State loses, she'll get LWOP anyways so why accept a plea now?

I'm curious-- if they returned from lunch and the State offered JA the sentence of LWOP, do you think she'd take it? I'm curious.
Juan Martinez? As hard as he has fought? Are you kidding? Yeah. You are kidding. Right? No way.

They've gotta practice on that fake cry a lot more

Hey, only 9 min. & cried (not really) thru the whole thing- and, where's her power point of her family photo album?
At least she tried to cry & used a cry voice. JA didn't, not once.

Because I'm tired of all the doubters caving in to their worries. I actually think JSS is a good judge who is doing the right thing, and I'm sick of all the criticism she's getting.
So you don't think this ran a bit long and just possibly the DT had a little extra leeway?

What do you think about the judge allowing affidavits from witnesses who probably never planned to testify? Thank you.

It should have never been allowed. It was pure insanity.

ETA: that was one of her decisions that had me scratching my head.

Well did this juror state that in his questionnaire or when questioned by the attorneys before trial? If so, then why was he picked for a DP trial.
If not, was he keeping this a secret? Did he say that to another juror? How did they find out? Was he posting on a ja support site?

Thats what I am trying to figure out.

How in the world did this juror get this far?

And I think this actually helps Juan and the State. We dont want him on the jury.

So not sure what JA was smirking and smiling about. She needed that juror.

Laughing back at you Jodi. You lost a juror that would have never voted for DP.
Naaaaa Naa Naaaaaaa Naa.....Naaaaaaaa Naa :)

My guess about 3 things JA will include:

1. nobody came to testify for me because they were all too scared, but I have tons of friends and family who really love me and don't want you to kill me. Vote life for them, not for me.

2. I know some of you don't believe that I am a domestic violence survivor, but I am. I'm hoping that some good can come out of the terrible bad thing that I did. I've received mail from thousands and thousands of women who tell me that my story has saved their lives, because they realized they were being abused - they didn't know until me- until I told my story- and that they knew to leave before it was too late. I know that doesn't change what I did, but I have made a difference that I hope you remember.

3. The most difficult thing I have ever had to do is to tell the world about the dark side of Travis. I loved him and he loved me, and it just went so wrong. He was deeply ashamed of his dark side, of being an abuser, of being attracted by little boys. He tried so hard to be better, and most of the time he was so loving and considerate and just a really great friend. He was that way to almost everyone who knew him, and I am very sorry to have been forced to tell all those people who love him about that dark side. I never wanted to. If only I had tried harder to get him help, none of us would be here.

No way. For Jodi this is about the show and trashing Travis she can't do that if she accepts a deal and can't also claim she's innocent. But this is all hypothetical because Juan would never offer it.

BBM. Absolutely agree. Juan will never offer it. He has zero reason to and with all that's invested in this trial. He wouldn't accept her offer of 2nd degree murder, why would anyone think he'd offer her LWOP??? He will get the Death Penalty for her. He put Wendi Andriano on Death Row in AZ, and he'll do the same for Jodi, he's that good!!!

The buck stops with JSS. Whatever the DT did, said or got away with, JSS allowed. It's that simple for me. She's a lackluster judge. I've been following trials since 2011 and this is the first time I've seen a courtroom so out of control.

no - tweeter said it was a joke

Sara Nelson @kissara22 · 5m 5 minutes ago
@v_jank No, it's a joke.
View conversation 0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites
Reply Retweet Favorite

Couldn't have used just three more characters at the end of the tweet "j/k"? Or as a quick follow-up? [smh]

Jarrett Seltzer is the only one who reported/tweeted about Detective Flores looking "stressed." He hasn't been in the courtroom everyday, so I doubt he has a grasp on how Detective Flores has looked since the death of his child. JMO

Because I'm tired of all the doubters caving in to their worries. I actually think JSS is a good judge who is doing the right thing, and I'm sick of all the criticism she's getting.
Well LinasK, you have to admit that we doubters had a few good reAsons, heh? Wasn't like we were just being negative or out to speak ill of anyone. This has been a long, hard fought trial for JM, Det Flores, the Alexander's, and all of us. If we get negative and angry, we must have had some good reasons. But it is almost over. All but the crying. And someone is going to cry.

No because she's claiming she's been wrongfully convicted and that her verdict will be overturned on appeal.

I don't think the a State would accept a plea at this time either, if the State loses, she'll get LWOP anyways so why accept a plea now?

A plea, now?? You've got to be kidding. The DT is on their back, the jury is ready, and the fool was too delusional to put on an actual mitigation case. The Alexanders and JM and Flores have waited YEARS to hear a jury vote death for her. We're almost there......

Time served? Hell no. Nope.
It's LWOP (Life without parole) or LWP (Life with parole) but Arizona doesn't really have parole (boards) so it's basically LWOP for Ms. Arias. Unless the AZ system changes.

If she only received 'time served' they'd have to immediately cart her off to a mental institution as she's clearly too "mentally incapacitated" (according to the DT) to be allowed to run free in normal society.

BBM. Absolutely agree. Juan will never offer it. He has zero reason to and with all that's invested in this trial. He wouldn't accept her offer of 2nd degree murder, why would anyone think he'd offer her LWOP??? He will get the Death Penalty for her. He put Wendi Andriano on Death Row in AZ, and he'll do the same for Jodi, he's that good!!!

A lot of people mention Wendi Andriano.. But does anyone know how many women JM has actually tried to get the DP for?

Yes, he put Wendi on death row.. But what is she is the only one he got the DP for? What if the others he tried got life? Do we have any idea how many female DP cases JM has had?

Re BBM
Appreciate your optimism. Youve been pretty firm all along and if you are right, I will personally congratulate you on predicting this because you have not waivered with your optimism.

I hope you are right.

My guess about 3 things JA will include:

1. nobody came to testify for me because they were all too scared, but I have tons of friends and family who really love me and don't want you to kill me. Vote life for them, not for me.

2. I know some of you don't believe that I am a domestic violence survivor, but I am. I'm hoping that some good can come out of the terrible bad thing that I did. I've received mail from thousands and thousands of women who tell me that my story has saved their lives, because they realized they were being abused - they didn't know until me- until I told my story- and that they knew to leave before it was too late. I know that doesn't change what I did, but I have made a difference that I hope you remember.

3. The most difficult thing I have ever had to do is to tell the world about the dark side of Travis. I loved him and he loved me, and it just went so wrong. He was deeply ashamed of his dark side, of being an abuser, of being attracted by little boys. He tried so hard to be better, and most of the time he was so loving and considerate and just a really great friend. He was that way to almost everyone who knew him, and I am very sorry to have been forced to tell all those people who love him about that dark side. I never wanted to. If only I had tried harder to get him help, none of us would be here.
That's deeply darkly sad because it's right on

I wonder who came to the decision to forego the last 3 witnesses. I remember thinking last Thursday that it was going to be a long weekend for JA.

I'm sure it makes her mad that her PAID experts can't keep the story straight (remember their lies) as well as she can so maybe she thinks she needs to retake the stage to set the record straight.

Ya know, you just can't get "good help" anymore.

Are any of you surprised the judge is going to banish everyone to the overflow room? I'm not. Not at all. There is just no way in heck any JSS supporters can spin this to support the judge. She has no control, none.

Actually, as long as the media can hear her, let the judge do it. Show the jury AGAIN that everytime a Jodi speaks, the courtroom is empty. This would speak volumes to me, as a juror.

It's fine with me... let JA yabber on without any interruptions from people sitting and/or tweeting in the courtroom like that lady who was said to be clapping during JM's questioning of Geff. We don't need any interruptions that could cause more delays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem