Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for AZL-- can she change her mind to indeed allocate at any time before the case handed to the jury?

Too late. I don't think she can change her mind anymore, not when they've already gone over jury instructions. Jodi is an idiot to argue law with a judge. Hopefully anybody who thought JSS was on Jodi's side can now see otherwise. Thank you JSS!!!:gavel::smiliescale::bow::bow::bow:

She can still change her mind, I bet in the morning JSS asks her one more time. And I see her saying yes.

JA's appeal will be based on the fact that the unfair judge refused to disobey a COA ruling that the ASC refused to hear.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 3m3 minutes ago

Willmott is patiently discussing something with her. #jodiarias

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 3m3 minutes ago

#JodiArias seems concerned, sad, and scared.

:violin::violin::violin:

and :violin::violin::violin:

Where's that big girl smile now??

Next motion from the DT: "JSS Please don't let JM argue "lack of remorse"!!"

I would think that the Jury would find it highly unusual for Arias not to allocute and show remorse.

I think the DP option just moved up a few notches.

JM asks to approach.

The Q JSS asked JA was if the reasons she did not want to allocute were the same as in October 2014 (presumably when she argued to testify in secret session). She answered yes.

Good job getting a yes to that question because the Appeals Court has already denied that reason. JA screwed up with that answer. She should have said no and come up with a new excuse lol.

MOO

Can JM reference the fact that she had the choice to allocute and chose not to?

The Jury showed up for a 2 hour lunch...and to be told to come back tomorrow. I bet they are tickled!

Oh no! much more than that - they got to lose two of their own, and to read two devastating pieces of evidence! They're good - NOT

JA has to be feeling the pressure now knowing her stay at the jail is coming to an end after 6 1/2 years (can you believe it?) and she is soon heading off to prison until she dies of either natural causes or lethal injection.

which will not be heard. She had her chance and even half got her way. Juan was not able to cross her, and she testilied for 18 days in the first trial and did many media interviews. She voluntarily gave up her right.

And this is what she is totally not realizing. LOL

When she tries to appeal and say she was prevented from giving her allocution, the Appeals court will review the Appeal and throw it out for "No Basis for Appeal".

They Appeals Court wont even consider it. The last laugh will be on JA. Finally.

The most stupidest defense I have ever witnessed.
So many of us have said all along that she would have been way better off by just
admitting she went into a jealous rage, and then just fake remorse (because we know she doesnt have any).

A simple and standard defense strategy like that would have at least gotten her a way better chance to try to ensure life sentence.

What she has done with her crazy strategy is given herself a real serious chance of getting a DP sentence.

What a relief it must be to the Alexanders, to know that they'll never again be forced to listen and watch that murderer lie about Travis!

They still have to sit thru the DT closing, which I'm sure will be more of the same....hours of it.

But yea, I bet those were tears of relief earlier.

Can she change her mind? Legally I mean....although with JSS the legal aspect might be a moot point?

Question for AZL-- can she change her mind to indeed allocate at any time before the case handed to the jury?

JSS would be wise to give her one more chance in the morning.

I thought it was funny that JSS pointed out this was her opportunity to express remorse--apparently no one but JA thinks she already did this on Oct 30 with her half-hearted wish that she could redo that day and take away all the feelings of "those people."

Oh no! much more than that - they got to lose two of their own, and to secretly read two devastating pieces of evidence! They're good - NOT

Is this the letter from Auntie? Or was there something else given to the jury in addition to the Auntie letter?

Jodi thibks she can play semantics by saying no, I want to allocute but I cannot.

No Jodi. You ARE saying you don't want to allocute because the media is present. It's not different.

I'm sure her lawyers tried to explain this and explain why her allocution cannot be sealed.

Can't believe she tried to use the "it is my understanding that my allocution is not testimony" line.

Uh. Didn't the DT psychs claim JA had low self-esteem? And would suffer in silence rather than assert herself?

I have a question...

Do we know for a fact that CMJA takes meds? Has that already been brought out in court that she does? We know she has *cough* migraines. If it hasn't been brought out in court, did JSS just make a hippa violation? Or is that just for medical professionals?
I think it was to establish that Jodi was not under any influence free and clear when she made her decision not to allocute. So that that would not be an appeal issue.

During dinner she sate across from TA
She observed that TA occupied a room on opposite isde of hall from where W! wife's room was
During visits, she observed TA enter and exit his Room
TA room enxt to...
I'm too slow!
She also knew TA through Young Single Adult ward?
TA was very attentive to her bringing her drinks, food, desserts
She recalls when TA was officially dating deanna
Tell ya what, Mommy dearest, draw me a schematic of where all the rooms are in the bishop's house.

And if you don't happen to know where, say the computer is in relation to the dining room and the bedrooms, I reserve the right to call you a big fat liar, just like your unholy spawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CamSoup