Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this was officially decided at some point - I guess JSS blew off the three juror questions for JA?

So, folks....what are the odds JA changes her mind and puts on a remorse show tomorrow?

I'm going with still a no tomorrow. The only people she seems to hear are the loonies telling her she has a good appeal issue by refusing.

:thinking: Yep ... she may try to put on a "remorse show" but it ain't gonna work because she has NO remorse !

Yep ... no telling what shenanigans they will try to pull !

MDLR takes her place to JA's right. They talk constantly. Beth K just came back in. Gallery sparse - media side sparse right now too.

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper 47s48 seconds ago
I'm recording everything so you'll be able to see all of this after verdict. Too much going on. I'll type if out later. #JodiArias

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper 2m2 minutes ago
I will have #JodiArias talking to the judge in it's entirety on #ObsessedTrialWatchers.

Is this legal? Can she tape record during the court proceedings??? I thought it was not allowed....

Well she may be on Fox TV this evening, like she was after the Guilty verdict. She's going to have to blame someone for today- just give her time.

I suspect it has to be in an indirect manner, a la "Did you hear anyone in the past four months indicate ANY remorse on the defendant's part? Even a hint of it? No you did not, and that's because she has no remorse over committing this heinous crime - other than getting caught of course."

I don't see why he can't directly quote from her Oct 30 testimony.

As to the last minute letters admitted....why couldn't Sherry have just said no? Is there some law that says she has to allow the defense whatever they demand? Because it's a DP case?

She had to let them put on a rebuttal case, and hearsay (e.g. affidavits and letters) is admissible in this phase. She would have offered JM a chance for surrebuttal since new information was coming out in rebuttal, but IMO he would have said "no, this is not important enough to delay the trial and risk losing more jurors."

Is this the letter from Auntie? Or was there something else given to the jury in addition to the Auntie letter?

The letter from Auntie Sue about 'finding' the Helio phone, and a letter from Marc McGee's mother, in support of her son's 'unusual' stories.

Jarrett Seltzer @JarrettSeltzer · 15s 15 seconds ago
Remember that the Jury was not in here for the allocution discussion therefore the jury doesn't know about it. #jodiarias

Jarrett Seltzer @JarrettSeltzer · 1m 1 minute ago
Maria and Jodi continue to chat. #jodiarias

Jarrett Seltzer @JarrettSeltzer · 1m 1 minute ago
Judge is back in, nurmi hunched over reading what I would imagine are the jury instructions #jodiarias

Jarrett Seltzer @JarrettSeltzer · 3m 3 minutes ago
family is returning, not sure if the jury instructions will be in open court or not. #jodiarias

Jarrett Seltzer @JarrettSeltzer · 3m 3 minutes ago
Jodi is back in the courtroom talking to Nurmi, Wilmott speaks with Jodi's mom - juan just came back in #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 49s49 seconds ago
Judge is on the bench...now to see if they deal with this at sidebar or out in open #jodiarias #3tvarias

Any guesses on why she would want it sealed?
I think she made up another whopper.

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper 47s48 seconds ago
I'm recording everything so you'll be able to see all of this after verdict. Too much going on. I'll type if out later. #JodiArias

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper 2m2 minutes ago
I will have #JodiArias talking to the judge in it's entirety on #ObsessedTrialWatchers.

Is this legal? Can she tape record during the court proceedings??? I thought it was not allowed....
WHOA! Nurms is gonna catch those tweets!!

I would think that the Jury would find it highly unusual for Arias not to allocute and show remorse.

I think the DP option just moved up a few notches.
The only thing this jury's heard from her is how her parents beat her and used drugs. All lies which were disproven. She never expressed remorse directly to the Alexanders, only a general if I could take away the pain from everyone I've hurt BS.

I wonder who will give closing arguments. Probably JW.

I hope when JW stands up to give her closing that all she does is turn right around and look at Jodi and say:

"We gave you what you wanted".

Then turn back to the jury and say:

"So sorry we had to put you all through that. The defense rests"

From Kiefer:

Michael Kiefer retweeted
Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 57s 58 seconds ago

Judge is on the bench...now to see if they deal with this at sidebar or out in open #jodiarias #3tvarias

JA's completely debilitating fear of speaking in open court must have been in remission for a moment when she got all cocky and argued with the judge in front of a packed gallery.

The letter from Auntie Sue about 'finding' the Helio phone, and a letter from Marc McGee's mother, in support of her son's 'unusual' stories.

Thanks!

So who cares that the Helio phone was found? Was does that help?

And for MM, is it just to say the computer crashed, they lost photos and a wedding was delayed? What does that prove? Did she claim TA was surfing child *advertiser censored* and that caused the crash?

I'm confused as to what in the world this was for? (other than delay of course)

Still waiting. Very quiet in here except for my stomach. Should have stepped out to Nosh.

Going to re-read her testiphony again and highlight the "remorse" parts. Shouldn't be too much, if any work at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tammi Toxic