Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A part of me wishes she would have allocated. There wouldn't even be any need for JM to argue lack of remorse after the type of allocation she would give.

She can't even bring herself to fake remorse because she still believes Travis forced her to kill him and that she's done everyone a favor by ridding the world of a pedophile. That's why she trashed him in the 18 page letter to his family. So that they would understand why she had to do it and forgive her.:puke::puke::puke:

JW is providing ex parte notices that she wishes to have sealed. There are 3 - judge orders them sealed even though she has not seen them, does not know what they are. There will be other supplemented materials given related - and JSS will also seal those.

Why oh WHY can't SOMONE bring up the fact the she certainly had no problem speaking in front of people before. Unending days on the stand and televised interviews. WHY can't this be brought up for the jury. Surely the panel of jurors did not live in some hole with a rock pulled over it for the past years and have seen this side of her.

If we believe trial-watcher Paul Sanders, JM entered JA's entire or a large part of her first trial testimony into evidence during his time with Geffner last week, since there was a discrepancy between what JA said on the stand and what she told Geffner about something - (iirc) when the choking event happened.

Bets on the phrase 'dirty little secret' coming out?

And if the DT does bring up that despicable "dirty little secret" phrase, Juan needs to use Jodi's own words from her whacked out "I just wanted to be recognized as your girlfriend" email to Travis on May 16th, 2008, shortly before she murdered him:

JA: "...We’re not secret lovers. It’s a friendship..."

Not only does that prove she knew the status of their relationship - FRIENDS - she admits they were not "secret" anything!

Juan also should remind the jury that although Jodi wants us to believe "she" was a "dirty little secret," the reality is that "Travis" was Jodi's "dirty little secret." Specifically, Jodi testified under oath she met Travis' grandmother and met many of Travis' friends. In addition, she admitted they were only in a relationship from Feb. to June. She went on trips with Travis and his friends. She was seen by a house full of Travis' friends laying with her face plastered in his lap. She was also seen with Travis at countless social events.

Compare that to not one of Jodi's family or even her grandparents who she lived with or any of her so-called "friends" ever met Travis!

Just another one of Jodi's lies to disregard.

OH OH. I think that is a big no no. The 13th juror, Paul sanders almost caused an issue when they accused him of recording it, and he showed them his pages of shorthand. If she is a reporter, she must know that tape recorders are not allowed.

Look carefully. She knows. She says AFTER VERDICT.

Here is what she said:

"I'm recording everything so you'll be able to see all of this after verdict."

Ok, now looks like we're done. All the ladies in blue at the DT table are chatting it up. Seem to be giving JA support.

No tweets from the especially cruel lying torture-murderess's Twitter account since yesterday.

Is reality beginning to sink in?

Is there going to be an over/under for the number of times JSS has to say "I remind the jury to recall the testimony that was presented" (whatever that magic phrase is) to every "Objection - misstates the testimony" that will be shooting out of the DT table like whack-a-moles popping up during Juan's closing?

Jarrett Seltzer @JarrettSeltzer · 3m 3 minutes ago
We are in recess till 930a tomorrow #jodiarias

Today's smackdown by JSS!
Jarrett Seltzer @JarrettSeltzer · 49m 49 minutes ago
"you can not allocute in a sealed proceeding" judge to #jodiarias

JW is providing ex parte notices that she wishes to have sealed. There are 3 - judge orders them sealed even though she has not seen them, does not know what they are. There will be other supplemented materials given related - and JSS will also seal those.

eh? Translation?

Whew! And here I was beginning to think I wouldn't live long enough to see this verdict.

I guess she had a snafu with the t-shirt distributor that said "define survivor" instead of just survivor so she had no mitigation to give.

or her t-shirt maker put survivor---outwit---outsmart--outplay on the back

Look carefully. She knows. She says AFTER VERDICT.

Here is what she said:

"I'm recording everything so you'll be able to see all of this after verdict."

But the law seems to say no recording devices.

She can't even bring herself to fake remorse because she still believes Travis forced her to kill him and that she's done everyone a favor by ridding the world of a pedophile. That's why she trashed him in the 18 page letter to his family. So that they would understand why she had to do it and forgive her.:puke::puke::puke:

I will never believe she thinks he was a pedophile. He died because she was too arrogant to accept that he didn't want her around any more and insult to injury, he was taking another woman on the vacation she wanted.. He was NOT going to get away with that insult. His death means as much to her as swatting a fly...

I think the verdict will be death.

I'm not sure. I think it will depend on Juan Martinez' closing. But it will definitely not be life: hung or DP.

--

AzLawyer, can the DT just beg for mercy? As in, next to arguing mitigating factors? Can they say - even if you don't find mitigating factors - show her mercy?

My hubby who hates this case just said something so funny when I told him about CMJA's FU in not allocuting, and JSS asking her about meds. He said, what meds, fix-a-flat? OMFG!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazythunder