Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no! My husband just texted me that he has to have oral surgery on his infected tooth tomorrow at 11:00 AM there goes my early day to get into court. Would it be rude to tell him to take a taxi?

She tried to argue in open court with JSS that allocuting wasn't the same as testifying, therefore she should get to do it in private. JSS refused and Jodi refused to allocate.

Thank you. Back to the bods now.

So, let me see if I followed correctly today.

2 jurors got kicked off. One is a guy who says serial killers should get DP, the other is a lady who's daughter has a record. Both sound imo defense friendly jurors. Wilmott comes in with a big folder. Jodi Arias argues that she should be able to allocute in private, but is not allowed to. The jurors get instructions. Tomorrow we get closing arguments. It's Nurmi/Juan/Nurmi. Because seriously why would they let Wilmott up for a speech now? But Jodi Arias isn't even going to try to say anything? The Innocence Project isn't coming for you, girl. Say something.

I have a feeling that Jodi lost a lot of confidence since the last trial.

Not that I feel sorry for her, not what so ever.

Oh no! My husband just texted me that he has to have oral surgery on his infected tooth tomorrow at 11:00 AM there goes my early day to get into court. Would it be rude to tell him to take a taxi?

Nawww surely he'll understand ��

Yep! Jodi was stupid enough to try to argue law with a judge!!! Even Casey Anthony didn't try that.

Guess she's not smarter than your average goddess. I so love it when a person's arrogance blows up in their face.

A taxi would be perfect as you might be too distracted to drive safely!

Call the cab for him or he will not make it out of the house. No offence to the men here but really??? What would men do without us. I come home smelling like embalming fluid and want to jump in the shower and he is sitting on the couch having a nice beer and asks me to run back out to get him some more. He rides RIGHT BY the "beer store". It has gotten so funny that the guy that runs the register says he will put on the sign a reminder for Hubby to stop and get for himself.

Sorry it was OT...just need to commiserate with another caregiver:)

I certainly hope not. They are supposed to only take into consideration what has been presented on the record in court.

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that jurors, while banned from reading or researching anything having to do with this trial, are allowed to offer their pre-trial knowledge during deliberations. Several jurors likely read about Debra Milke's death sentence being rescinded in the last several years, and perhaps info about AZ women on death row and the lives they lead there.

If I were on the jury, I'd be thinking how thoughtless is this woman? She can't even face his family? She can't even face what she did?

Better than telling him to take a hike! ;)

Seriously, what is JA's real reason for refusing to allocute? I can't wrap my head around this.

Allocution is not considered evidence, so it happens after the defense rests.

I have been very busy with real life until about two hours ago and y'all don't know how hard it was for me to not rush to the last page to see what was going on!:D But I held firm and went through all the posts line by line. Whew! We are finally there! Praise Be!

AZ since JA was under oath for two days will Juan be able to bring that up in closing? Will he also be able to tell the jury that he was never allowed to cross examine her?

Since the jury heard from JA in October I think they will have the false impression that was when she was suppose to testify ( right after victim impact statements) and wont even realize she was subject to cross examination.

Don't you think they will just think she was giving allocution at that time? If JSS doesn't give her another chance tomorrow to do so or if JA doesnt take it ... I think that is what the jury will assume. She loves being the Drama Queen of all Drama Queens ever born so I think she enjoys knowing JSS will ask her again to get up and say she is sorry. She loves being the center of attention.

And those so called DT experts who said JA has low self esteem issues needs to examine their own heads instead of hers.:)

IMO

FEBRUARY 2015
Sunday
MondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday
TexMexBravoAZlawyer
peedoffinny
Lastchancehindsight2020ohreallyNeighbour2013NashBridges2
sharpar
LastchanceMeemaw12Nali87
magnolia
KakidollSnowshuze
whisperofwingsMeeBee

HolidayyAlice253

RadarLuv

Steelman
WoryWart
shajon123
Hope4More
slinkpodmyvice

zebra

Dmacky

Get in the pool (just for fun)

Well technically if there is no further drama (yeah right) the Defense goes first and you know they drag everything out, so Wed should be Juan's day and I know you would rather be there for that. So infected tooth surgery or Nurmi? Is that really what you are contemplating? LOL

I have been very busy with real life until about two hours ago and y'all don't know how hard it was for me to not rushed to the last page to see what was going on!:D But I held firm and went through all the posts line by line. Whew! We are finally there! Praise Be!

AZ since JA was under oath for two days will Juan be able to bring that up in closing? Will he also be able to tell the jury that he was never allowed to cross examine her?

Since the jury heard from JA in October I think they will have the false impression that was when she was suppose to testify ( right after victim impact statements) and wont even realize she was subject to cross examination.

Don't you think they will just think she was giving allocution at that time? If JSS doesn't give her another chance tomorrow to do so and JA takes it ... I think that is what the jury will assume. She loves being the Drama Queen of all Drama Queens ever born so I think she enjoys knowing JSS will ask her again to get up and say she is sorry. She loves being the center of attention.

And those so called DT experts who said JA has low self esteem issues needs to examine their own heads instead of hers.:)

IMO

JM can talk about her testimony, as it was not stricken from the record. I think it will be pretty obvious to the jury that he was not allowed to cross-examine her, and I think he will avoid saying it out loud as there would be no purpose other than to cause Nurmi to demand a sidebar. I don't see what the problem would be if the jury thinks that was her "statement" as the instructions refer to allocution.

Seriously, what is JA's real reason for refusing to allocute? I can't wrap my head around this.

Probably she hopes that not doing it will enhance her chances of winning an appeal based on her sudden fear of testimony oops I mean allocution. Mistrial motion #infinity will be that the higher Court said she couldn't testify in private but allocution is not testimony, therefore the judge erred and prevented her from presenting allocution.

What I got from the tweets today Jodi and JW spent slot of time smiling. Though there was one time that Jodi was slumped over the defense table like she was exhausted, and maybe a tear when JSS was speaking to her. I think they are going to go for one more try at a delay. I think they may try to appeal to the COA to have Jodi allocate in private, because Jodi believes that the COA only applied to her testimony and not her allocation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela