Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 39 Morning Session

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My supper is prepped and ready for the crock pot as well, roast chicken with potatoes, carrots and onions. Salad is in the fridge. All I need to do is make gravy just before serving :)
My plan is to balance the books and get my tax stuff ready while hitting refresh constantly.

My son is taking the bar exam today and I'm so nervous for him, even though he's taken it twice in other states and passed. So for my own nerves' sake I'm going out to lunch. If I miss anything it will be Nurmi, and I never mind missing him!

I think she needed to allocute. Her stubbornness about closing the courtroom could cost her her life and her chance to not be confined 23 hours a day forever.
All she needs is ONE juror. Beg, cry, act mentally ill...whatever it takes to connect with just one

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

:drumroll: Closing Arguments today ...

:thinking: Unless the defense comes up with a delay tactic which would NOT surprise me ! :gaah:

I will be available to post Tweets: I can post WAT and the defense :cheer:

:grouphug: and :please: for the Alexander Family !

:grouphug: and :please: for Juan !

Whichever one is death qualified.

Which would be Nurmi then as I recall. Unless things have changed between the first trial and the retrial?

They are both death-qualified, one as lead counsel and one as co-counsel. I can't remember which is which, but it doesn't matter. Either one of them can do the closing.

I think she needed to allocute. Her stubbornness about closing the courtroom could cost her her life and her chance to not be confined 23 hours a day forever.
All she needs is ONE juror. Beg, cry, act mentally ill...whatever it takes to connect with just one

I agree! She just needs one juror. Wouldn't anyone's odds be higher with one human sitting feet away than a future appellate judge reading a piece of paper??

Some Morning Tweets:

Tammy Rose retweeted
MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio · 40m40 minutes ago

Jury instructions and closing arguments in State v. #jodiarias will begin this morning at 9:30 am.

From News20:

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 17m17 minutes ago

Another shocker... No prosecutorial Misconduct.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/022015/m6709486.pdf …

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq · 43s44 seconds ago

#JusticeForTravis
B-nphX4UsAABubA.jpg

AZL- any guesses about Nurmi's motion yesterday to keep JM from arguing another aggravating factor? As in- what is Nurmi anticipating JM will argue?

Can't believe I missed most of the drama yesterday,I hope nurmi doesn't drone on today and we can get to juan

I've been out of the loop for the past 24 hrs & it's taken me ages to read all of the last thread. All I can say is, it's about time this farce of a trial came to an end. Praying hard this jury can get done what the other jury was unable to achieve.

I saw this tweet yesterday by Dave Erickson and had to go and find his column :smile:

Dave Erickson @ericksonvision
· 17h 17 hours ago
I've never seen anything like this in my career. Did #JodiArias allow ego to override a chance to spare her life. My column posted soon.

Here it is ~
http://www.fromthethirdrow.com/post/111917638407/killed-by-ego

Looking forward to reading as someone posted this tweet yesterday. It's a shame we can't get the talking heads/expert analysis like we did from the previous phase.

I won't believe she's not going to speak as long as the possibility is still open to her. I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of motion arguing that JSS interpretation of the higher court's ruling is wrong. :rolleyes:

image.jpg

Justice for Travis

I think that the defense will split their time. As to who will go first, I can't decide. Which would be better? Open with a fiery Willmott and end with a droning, profane monologue by Nurmi. Hmmm... I don't think it will really matter.

Between jury instructions first and the defenses closing, anyone think Juan will get up today?

I think instructions and Nurmi today, Juan tomorrow, then deliberations. Maybe we will have a sentence by Thursday.
Yes, dream on, LL. ;)

I'm still shaking my head at Ms Arias yesterday. I'll probably catch flack but it bears saying:
the chick has some serious brass ones.

She is willing to play the role of martyr rather than admit she bears any real responsibility. She not only upped the ante by refusing to follow CO orders. She demands privacy or else. Brass ones! She also is a case study, she found a way to martyr herself to appease those who send her money and need a conspiracy to make their eyes glow. You have to give her that. Brass ones. The SS Defense is going down and she's going to Captain it to the end. I wonder how her defense team feels about Saint Jodi, the martyr. I would hope they tried to get her to at least speak but she drew a line and she's standing on it.

Today the end starts. Will Ms Wilmont plead for Jodi's life or throw cow patties at Travis.
Will Mr Martinez speak today or will motions appear? I bet the Judge is looking forward to washing her hands of this. She did do the best she could all things considered.

Cow patties....I am sure of it [emoji20]

Well, once again Jodi defies the norm of even a psychopath. :biggrin: I'm still a bit stunned that she chose not to allocute. She's obviously banking on becoming a legal precedent to ensure a successful appeal.

Back to reality...in my 25+ years of following true crime, I don't think I have ever seen anyone as narcissistic as she is. It's just gobsmacking people like her actually exist in our world.

Have your barf bags at the ready everyone.

Today's the last day to make the case that Travis deserved to be brutally murdered, and I doubt they will hold back. Jodi huh? This is Travis on trial, and it's going to be disgusting.

Twice. *shudder*

Keep the faith, Juan is on the way! <3

From News20:

Tammy Rose &#8207;@News20Chopper · 23s23 seconds ago

Im the first media to arrive so I'll have a seat for sure. #JodiArias

----- It's going to be a full house today ... I NEVER EVER thought this day would come !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crochet Junkie