Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A defendant never has to explain evidence. The burden is 100% on the state in a trial. They can literally sit there if they so desire and not say a word. Burden is the state's.

Yes I understand State's burden. But I don't accept that the defense never had to establish how and where the phone was "found."

Nurmi sure can dish out the irrelevant and incriminating statements, but he gets all cranky when Juan scores a point.

Teen, or schoolgirl sex fantasy would fit in with the pigtails.
It was a weird statement. But I honestly think he was making it up as he went along and said something horribly awkward and weird.

I get the gist of what he was trying to say, he just did not say it right.

Talk is cheap. People say things all the time that they would actually never do.

Read somewhere JSS said court video could be aired after this phase ends. Hope that's true.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 8s 8 seconds ago

#JodiArias claims she might have left her window down outside of a Chinese food restaurant when her "phone was stolen."

Filed police report.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

and two years later it's found by Aunt Sue under the seat of Jodi's grandpa truck. I'm sure the fingers are Gus's. He gave her the phone and left a little something for her to see.

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial
Juan asks Flores if #JodiArias ever says I love you on tapes. Flores says no. It did sound like TA ended call in 'love you.'

@TrialDiariesJ: In your investigation did uncover anything to suggest Jodi was mentally ill? Flores NO #jodiarias #3tvarias

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 51s51 seconds ago
Sizzle sidebar smack down as Nurmi objects to Flores answering whether or not #JodiArias is cray cray.

@TrialDiariesJ: Juan- Can you decided if Jodi's age is a mitigating factor? Isn't that the juries job..#jodiarias #3tvarias

If AZlawyer is present, WHY is JSS allowing this line of questioning? This is not the guilt phase of the trial. This doesn't do anything to show there is a mitigating factor for Jodi. I really do NOT respect this judge at all.

So she killed him because he did not practice his Mormon faith, but Jodi did? What a piece of crap.

Nope ... and ... JSS is allowing this !

Un-freakin-believable !

What does this line of questioning have to do with the convicted murderer being remorseful?

This line of questioning sounds more like revenge. The convicted murderer wants to go after and humiliate those that testified against her.

If I was sitting on the jury I would be thinking wait hasn't she already been found guilty? I would also be thinking her attorney must be a just like the convicted murderer.

I have to get away for a little while. I am crying so hard for Travis and the Alexander family that it is hard to see my monitor anyway.

This is so so so wrong on every level. Not one bit of evidence to back any of it up. NONE and yet JS allows it.

Is this line of questioning supposed to buttress the "TA abused me and only a crazy person would allow it" meme, because it's definitely killing the "I'm remorseful" and "I loved Travis" memes?

Can we please stop bashing the judge for "allowing" questions that she has no choice but to allow? It is not the judge's fault that JA/Nurmi chose victim-bashing as part of their theory of the case and she does not have any right to stop them from doing it.

The point of these questions IMO is to show that Jodi and Travis had a "secret," twisted relationship totally in conflict with Mormonism, which created this huge tension and feelings of "debasement" for Jodi, and that Travis helped set up that situation. The jury is supposed to think that, combined with Jodi's mental illness, this stressful situation pushed her over the edge into premeditated cruel murder. Voila! Mitigation!

IMO this ain't gonna work. But JSS has to let them try even if it makes her puke.

This is EXACTLy what the convicted murderer wants.

Nurmi hates Jodi and she hates him but she is his client and he has to listen to HER.

This is all her, IMO. AZ Lawyer, I'm certain could chime in on this. This... everything we are hearing... is the way Jodi thinks and rationalizes. It didn't work the first time around, it certainly isn't going to work this time around.

Those jurors, I am certain, are feeling exactly the same way we are. Have faith. This is going to blow up in JA face!

Normally, the client is in charge of the "facts" and the goals, and the lawyer is in charge of getting from here to there. But IMO the strategy of linking up the sex facts to the goal of a life sentence was probably Nurmi's, based on his experience in that area.

@TrialDiariesJ: This text about the photo shoot Travis wanted 2 have with Jodi. Nurmi is making Det. Flores read a fantasy Travis had, #jodiarias #3tvarias

Have I said lately that I hate Nurmi? How dare him do this to Det. Flores!!!

MOO

@TrialDiariesJ: Juan- Do you know about #jodiarias level of intelligence? Flores..NO. Do you remember she has a high IQ..Flores- Oh YES #3tvarias

Yes I understand State's burden. But I don't accept that the defense never had to establish how and where the phone was "found."
She has been found guilty. This burden should NOT be on the State. That's just morally wrong.

@TrialDiariesJ: Juan- When Nurmi was asking you to be Travis and he was #jodiarias were you naked on the stand? Flores NO #3tvarias

Hello! It's been a long time! I can't believe I got sidetracked and just today realized the retrial was on DAY 5! Where is my head. I must admit it is quite frustrating not being able to see it on TV. I did see Beth Karas said that one day we may be able to see it. Anywho, what have I missed?

@TrialDiariesJ: Juan- Did you have sex with #jodiarias Flores...No #3tvarias

@NancyGraceHLN: Martinez is very animated; jury looks alert #JodiArias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members