Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The judge was visually emotional when the verdict was read at the 1st trial. I took that she was disappointed in the verdict, that maybe she wanted them to vote DP. This is just my opinion and I doubt she would giver LWP. Again, my opinion.

Nurmi did imply that Arias shot Travis while he was seated in the shower. He demonstrated the trajectory of the bullet to the head of Travis, using his finger as the gun. Remember now?

I will add, one of the reporters who witnessed the demonstration & reported in was Keifer on October 23. I think I wrote about it at Retrial Day 3, p. 31 #771

Found it:

Never have tweets seemed more inadequate than when Nurmi was using the visuals of shower photos to not only impeach prior testimony about sequence of the murder but to demonstrate with his finger=gun that the bullet trajectory is consistent with the angle between Arias and Alexander seated in the shower. He also showed that from this seated position to accidental ceiling shot was 44" and then to Travis on the floor bleeding was 1' and 2". Yes, the photos are burned into our brains, but still. As everyone has noted, this explodes the Arias self defense testimony from last year. However, there is no way this is now going forward without her approval & direction. In fact, trial watchers observe a new understanding and agreeable rapport between counsel & convict. We know her 2013 version of the killing was offered as truth under oath. Can't she read the writing on the wall?​

Life takes a toll. Please have exact change ready.

Nurmi did imply that Arias shot Travis while he was seated in the shower. He demonstrated the trajectory of the bullet to the head of Travis, using his finger as the gun. Remember now?

I will add, one of the reporters who witnessed the demonstration & reported in was Keifer on October 23. I think I wrote about it at Retrial Day 3, p. 31 #771

Tuba
I agree with Katie..you are an all star poster. I think she lured him into that position because she had more control as she stabbed him. He fought with hands and feet..how painful. One of the first stab wounds was to the heart..accidental? I think not..she meant to hurt his heart..very symbolic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually I think LWOP would be her biggest nightmare. If she gets death then she'll get decades of appeals at taxpayer expense. If she gets LWP then she can be hopeful to maybe get out some day. But if gets LWOP parole then she doesn't get all the "free" appeals and she'll never get out. That's the worst outcome since she has to spend decades with no one to con but fellow inmates. No marriage. No riches. No TV time. Nothing.

I'll bet some kook groupie marries her while she's in prison. Gus? Next thing you know, she'll be doing under the table sex followed by a pregnancy. After all, she wants to name her son Alexander. Barf! Does Arizona allow Perryville inmates to marry? Do they get conjugal visits?

Found it:

Never have tweets seemed more inadequate than when Nurmi was using the visuals of shower photos to not only impeach prior testimony about sequence of the murder but to demonstrate with his finger=gun that the bullet trajectory is consistent with the angle between Arias and Alexander seated in the shower. He also showed that from this seated position to accidental ceiling shot was 44" and then to Travis on the floor bleeding was 1' and 2". Yes, the photos are burned into our brains, but still. As everyone has noted, this explodes the Arias self defense testimony from last year. However, there is no way this is now going forward without her approval & direction. In fact, trial watchers observe a new understanding and agreeable rapport between counsel & convict. We know her 2013 version of the killing was offered as truth under oath. Can't she read the writing on the wall?​

Life takes a toll. Please have exact change ready.

So, can Juan use this now.

I disagree. I think he has also enhanced the depravity factor in the courtroom because he can. Just because Jodi Arias wants to fly some cockamamie story, doesn't mean he has to grab it. The pedophilia accusation was pure smear and he flew that flag with glee. I don't agree with is an ethical defense done with "zeal". I believe it's all gone too far, drug far too many innocent people into the mud needlessly and without corroboration just to make an impression on juries that somehow the murder victim deserved what they got. It happens all the time, is escalating and I believe limits should be installed. And yes I do think they are in to win it at any cost. And they aren't stupid, they also know the chance of ANY death penalty felon being actually executed, run around 1-2%. So this "saving their life" BS is a dramatic line but not supported by the numbers.
I don't think Casey Anthony's father should have been smeared needlessly and from the mind of an accused murderer and pathological liar in that case nor do I believe Travis Alexander should have been smeared as a pedophile and abuser born from the same kind of depraved mind in this one. Aided and abetted by their defense attorneys.
It's ok, we can agree to disagree but I'm gonna keep shouting this from the rooftops anyway.

Katie, we don't disagree that defense attorneys are allowed to go too far. I feel the same way, especially after suffering through the travesty of justice in Florida.

But, in this trial, I absolutely believe the client is calling the shots. Her "defense" has been ridiculous on its face from day one. I don't think that her version is one Nurmi would have chosen.

I'll bet some kook groupie marries her while she's in prison. Gus? Next thing you know, she'll be doing under the table sex followed by a pregnancy. After all, she wants to name her son Alexander. Barf! Does Arizona allow Perryville inmates to marry? Do they get conjugal visits?

She will very likely marry in prison. Moreso if she's on death row. There are Canadian websites that create pages for these killers that read like singles ads complete with sexy photos and everything; soliciting money, penpals, love interests, etc. In one of my sister's killer's there is a photo of him holding HER dog and he's the one who slit her throat. one of her killers has been married twice since being sentenced to death. Not sure his status now as I don't follow it. So yes Jodi will very likely get married to someone on the outside and will never, ever be able to touch him. So no, no conjugal visits in AZ death row.

If I were Flores I would have stated that yes in fact I am a sex expert..as in all my yrs I've always been told Im the best, noone is better and never have had any complaints..only compliments, so yes in fact I think I probably am the expert. Of course thats just how I would have done it. .

Maybe he knows JM has a sexpert on his witness list? That would be a trip.....

Katie, we don't disagree that defense attorneys are allowed to go too far. I feel the same way, especially after suffering through the travesty of justice in Florida.

But, in this trial, I absolutely believe the client is calling the shots. Her "defense" has been ridiculous on its face from day one. I don't think that her version is one Nurmi would have chosen.

My problem is he did choose and it and glee with which he went after it...I sat in court in person and stomached it. I guess I still have PTSD from it.

It's all good. <3 I'm on a bit of a rampage, I admit it. ;)

This trial is taking too long, apparently it's going into December? I wish they'd end it already and provide a verdict already.

Katie, seems like "let's throw anything against the wall" defense. Hurts Travis or family, who cares? Even the mitigating factors are shots in the dark. They hope the reach one juror which they did last time. They seem empowered to continue this strategy. I agree, courts should not allow these kinds of character assassinations unless their is some proof. I am so tired of blame the victim defense when the victim cannot defend themselves.

My problem is he did choose and it and glee with which he went after it...I sat in court in person and stomached it. I guess I still have PTSD from it.

It's all good. <3 I'm on a bit of a rampage, I admit it. ;)

I can't imagine sitting in court and listening to the filth he's put out there! Really. I do well remember your posts all the way through last time.

I just don't believe Nurmi has defended her with any glee whatsoever. It's actually been pretty telling, Imo, that a man who chooses to represent the lowest and basest of deviants has repeatedly tried to flee from representing this butcherer.

One jury question was had the gun been found, and Jodi replies none of the property taken had been found......I wonder if you went and looked at what kind of dvd player Daryl has?

I think Wilmott interviewed a juvenile in CA about this case. Could it be Darrell B's son who will say JA gave them a DVD player and remote? She said she had to go back to Darrell's place because she had inadvertently taken a remote from Darrell's house? Gosh, I hope!

Does anyone think JS would give her LWP? That's my biggest fear.

I don't think so. It seems like she tries very hard to be a fair and impartial Judge. I just worry that she might sentence Arias to life thinking 'Well, I think it's only fair to the defendant to allow the Clemency board to decide whether she should be let out of prison. I'll just sentence her to life.' I don't think this Judge will do this considering the overwhelming evidence of cruelty. And I also don't think this Judge likes the Defense team very much judging by her body language. It's subtle but still there.

obe I'm quoting this entire post because it's that important to put out there again. I came back to this case to champion two causes and you've nailed the essence of one of them right there. The revictimization of victims by defense attorneys and killers during the trial process. It's gotten out of control.
Defense attorneys are doing this for only one reason: they can. And We The People have been lulled in to some kind of complacency that this is "fair" or the "law". It appears mostly with the worst of the worst killers and of course they are going to have the worst of the worst confabulations about their victims: enjoying the reliving of the kill over and over again vicariously thru their attorneys in court.

I've not seen one as bad as this, like you.

In my sister's cases it came up just a couple of times. Once they tried to say she had slept with a bunch of guys so (she was a *advertiser censored* therefore deserved to be killed) it could have been someone else. That got shut down very quickly.
Then, the worst was when they tried to argue the killers "had" to be so cruel with the killing and "had" to inflict all those knife wounds and slit her throat because she fought to hard to save her own life. (talk about insulting the jury).

Still to have to listen to that...

And it's NOTHING compared to what the Alexanders and Travis' loved ones have had to endure. All conjured from the mind of a sociopathic killer then embellished and abetted by her attorneys for sport.

THIS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED.

I'm gonna keep shouting this from the rooftops during this trial and tweeting the *$&% out of it so at least it's getting out there.

Our culture once thought a different race sitting in the back of the bus was "fair" and "normal" and that changed. I believe this can too.

it's not "normal", it's not "fair" and it's not humane.

Obviously I'm with you 1000% and deeply appreciate the posting you've been doing on this trial. Xoxoxo

I hope you are doing well, Katie, and thank you for your very kind words.

I have so much respect, love, and admiration for you.. as I know we all do here, and with you being the motivating factor (team leader) we must all tackle the grave and serious problem that has gone on for far too long.

It reminds me of a Neighborhood Watch Program when everyone comes together to take their community back from the criminal elements who have ruined so many neighborhoods.

We must standup in great numbers by bombarding our elected government officials, federal and state, including our local DA/Judges with emails, phone calls, and letters until we get their full attention. So whatever you think is best I will do everything in my power to do my part.

The only way to right a terrible wrong is to fight against that terrible wrong. Victims deserve justice...not to be re-victimized by the very one who took their lives. There should be some kind of victim protection law and if the defense plans to enter something at trial they should have to go through the same hoops, chain of custody, that the DAs must do. There needs to be some type of ethical boundaries that apply to both adversarial sides and not just one side.

If not what we have is Travis Alexander who has been crushed deeper than the 6 feet of earth he is buried in, and all on the words of a sociopath without one shred of evidence to back any of it up. We have given defendants way too many rights and by doing so the victim has none. We have given them a venue to lie and make up the worst allegations imaginable out of thin air. It doesn't make the fight for justice fair for the state should also have a chance at a fair trial, imo. When one is bound by rules/guidelines, and is the very one that has the burden of proof, yet the other side can be just as lowdown, unethical, and able to pull every underhanded stunt in the book..just because they can... with no accountability ....something is seriously wrong.

In fact I have seen some very cold hearted people (imo) argue that once the victim is murdered their rights don't matter and the only one that does matter is the defendant, as if the victim, although murdered, is nothing of value anymore to anyone.:( It is obvious as this bizarre case has shown there is no bar too low for some defense attorneys.

I am glad to know, Katie, at least the Judge presiding over your sister's case had enough control in the courtroom to stop the victimization of your beloved sister when the defense tried that despicable, and reprehensible tactic. I have certainly seen other Judges do it as well and they have my utmost admiration and respect.

I do know this, whether it is common as rain in Arizona for courts to be conducted like this, all I can say is I am thankful beyond belief that I have never seen one conducted like this one in any courtroom in any other state. I have even seen some Judges admonish a defense attorney when they tried to disparage the victim, and tell them very quickly this wasn't going to be a trial about victim blaming. So this is why this particular case is foreign to me and I have probably kept up with over a 1000 trials in the last thirty years.

At the start of this case I made a silent promise to Travis and the Alexander family that I would see this through to the bitter end. Never in my wildest nightmares did I believe it would be this difficult for me to keep that promise.

I want justice for Travis and the only right and just punishment is death. I want Travis' life to be valued as much as all the other DV victims who have lost their lives before and after and I want Travis' murderer right on death row with the rest.

Bright Blessings.

Ocean

Ocean, you write what I was thinking but so much better. So discouraging that trying to provide justice for the accused, we continue to victimize victim who cannot speak for themselves. We have to come to some kind of middle road, no bashing the victim unless there is some proof.

Ocean, you write what I was thinking but so much better. So discouraging that trying to provide justice for the accused, we continue to victimize victim who cannot speak for themselves. We have to come to some kind of middle road, no bashing the victim unless there is some proof.

How though? It is disappointing to see this happening but I don't see any other way to fix it without taking away the rights of the defendant. No matter what, a defendant deserves the right to tell their side of the story and the defense attorney is there to defend that story. If this is Jodi's story than this is Jodi's story and it's up to her attorney to present it the way she would if she was an attorney. Same with CA. Her story was her story. I'm sure there's no doubt in dad's mind what's actually going on here, though...

Do they go above and beyond sometimes? Yes. But they don't really have much to lose at this point. We can say, this is gross, he's gonna lose this jury, but they know all they need is one, just one, thinking hey...what if? All they care about is saving her life and at this point I think they think it's just a necessary evil.

It would be nice if this wasn't allowed. Its hard to hear. But I wish I could think of a way to curb this kind of thing without limiting a defendant's right to tell their side of the story.

Now, it does sound like your sister's DT KCL went pretty above and beyond the victim bashing and trying to convince the jury what? she deserved to die because she was promiscuous? I don't see what story they could have been defending there. Sometimes I wonder how they can think that's a smart plan of attack. You're trying to save your client and all you end up doing is making the jury hate them more. That's just awful. I do think defense attorneys take advantage of their wide leeway sometimes. I don't think I could sleep at night knowing I helped or could help put a killer back on the streets through obfuscation and misleading. And there are probably defense attorneys out there who won't do it.

I think Jodi is absolutely calling the shots. She wanted to plead guilty to second degree. That deal was rejected. In her pleading she pretty much told everyone that if she were forced to go on trial for first degree murder she would "expose" Travis as a hypocrite and an abuser and try to humiliate him in court in front of his family and friends. It's all about revenge to her.
It's a horrible situation that has developed in the American court system. If Little Miss Psycho tells her court appointed lawyer (and Nurmi has tried to get off of this case numerous times!) that she was abused, that her daddy choked her, that she was in a fog or whateverTF she dreams up they are obligated to provide her a defense.
I have no doubt the jury will be wise to the process. IMO they will be as offended as we are by Jodi's scorched earth tactics and send her happy *advertiser censored* straight to Death Row :jail:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx