Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6 - Part 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That, or words to that effect. I'll see if I can find it. (Then we can all try not to get banned together.)

Hi, I would say Alexanders represent Travis. I have been trying to catch up, been sick and not on much. I am so fed up with Jodi. I find myself wondering what the jury thinks of this. I hope some have knowledge of trials to realize this is not normal. I think Jodi got all these ideas from reading her law books. She is driving everyone nuts. At the rate she is going she will die from old age..

Hi Linask, this is the time of year I hate! I am E.T.. I didn't realize this was the weekend for change.
Take care.

I truly don't understand how JA supporters could hate the Alexander family. Do they not realize the case belongs to the State of AZ? And what did the family do to Arias that she didn't do to herself? It's so irrational. I could see, I suppose, being angry at the state, the DA, the judge, the entire court system, but what has TA's family done other than be the victim's relatives, show up every day to court, and hope for justice?

I truly don't understand how JA supporters could hate the Alexander family. Do they not realize the case belongs to the State of AZ? And what did the family do to Arias that she didn't do to herself? It's so irrational. I could see, I suppose, being angry at the state, the DA, the judge, the entire court system, but what has TA's family done other than be the victim's relatives, show up every day to court, and hope for justice?

They're entirely irrational. They think Travis was a terrible person who deserved what happened to him, that his family is enjoying the fame and profiting, that CMJA is "an angel on earth," and that its the Alexanders' fault she is even on trial, because she was willing to try to protect them by pleading to second degree murder but they refused to agree.

And those beliefs are the most reasonable of the lot.

Hi Linask, this is the time of year I hate! I am E.T.. I didn't realize this was the weekend for change.
Take care.

I didn't realize it either until I saw it in a newpaper in Starbuck's this afternoon. Something Jodi will never have again- Mormon or not!!!

a that is funny when the Jodi's New Zealand witness came up way back someone noted that it might be this author Todd Preston and Jodi did have a copy of a book in envelopes noted as legal documents that were taken for awhile. Who knows?

I wonder how many of the younger female jurors thought of themselves as little girls at 27 almost 28? Most women in their late twenties consider themselves very capable, thank you very much. Some have already been parents for many years, own houses and businesses, held solid jobs, been in long-term relationships. The whole notion of Jodi being young and inexperienced when she killed TA—and therefore somehow incapable of thinking rationally—could well produce a lot of sarcastic "Right........" responses rather than empathy from several jury members.

She did have a "nervous breakdown" for about a minute after an argument with Darryl, didn't she? (Oh look, here's a handy video clip. Gotta say, the fact that so many people are obsessed with this horrible person does make it easy to find whatever random bits and pieces one might want to illustrate a point...)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW4pPUJ25cg
BBM

LOL ... I found the same thing when I was looking for the weird way she drinks water - lo and behold, a ready-made video!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=409irFXY0wI

I wonder how many of the younger female jurors thought of themselves as little girls at 27 almost 28? Most women in their late twenties consider themselves very capable, thank you very much. Some have already been parents for many years, own houses and businesses, held solid jobs, been in long-term relationships. The whole notion of Jodi being young and inexperienced when she killed TA—and therefore somehow incapable of thinking rationally—could well produce a lot of sarcastic "Right........" responses rather than empathy from several jury members.
Not to mention I had a Master's Degree by age 27, and had traveled Internationally to 3 countries. A young girl is 13- not 27!!!

OMG, did he really say that? *gasps*

Trying very hard to not get banned now! :silenced:

"There was no sound in that jury room for a long time after that because you hurt so bad for these people," he said. "But that wasn't evidence. That's what made it so hard. ... This wasn't about them. This was a decision whether we're going to tell somebody they were going to be put to death or spend the rest of their life in prison."

whole article: http://www.azfamily.com/outbound-fe...y-didnt-help-her-208814231.html#ixzz3HsQnDWOQ

27 is an adult not a girl. The defense is digging hard to find something to help the killer.

Have you seen the post by Justus to JAII where he says Jodi is going in front of the jury? Not say it is true.

Some do not understand that the case belongs to the State of Arizona. Some of them are from countries other than the U.S., with federal law that prohibits the death penalty. I live in NM, and the death penalty is illegal here, but many supporters of the convicted murderer don't understand the laws of individual states in the United States, let alone how trial laws can vary between states. It is easy, in this ignorance, to blame the victim's family.

Also (and this has been pointed out on WS), opponents of the death penalty can be misguided--or illogical in their pursuit of ultimate justice. I'm against the death penalty, for instance, but I don't see the logic in trying to protect a convicted murderer to further the cause of eliminating the death penalty from any state, let alone the United States.

Blaming the Alexander family is just another way of trying to beat the death penalty. It's illogical and cruel, but there you have it.

Excellent point RickshawFan. I'll bet more than a few notebooks contain the word "gold-digger".

"There was no sound in that jury room for a long time after that because you hurt so bad for these people," he said. "But that wasn't evidence. That's what made it so hard. ... This wasn't about them. This was a decision whether we're going to tell somebody they were going to be put to death or spend the rest of their life in prison."

whole article: http://www.azfamily.com/outbound-fe...y-didnt-help-her-208814231.html#ixzz3HsQnDWOQ

He's right, actually, to a degree. However wrong about so much else.

It's almost laughable that she uses that excuse. One can barely use that argument for a defendant who is 17 years old. Even a 10 year old knows it is WRONG to stab and nearly behead someone. Heck, most five year olds know that. Jodi hates being compared to a five-year old... :what:

Well, Victim Impact Statements do exist for a reason.

"Making a Victim Impact Statement helps the judge understand how the crime has affected you. It is one of a number of factors that will be taken into account when the offender is sentenced."

http://www.opp.vic.gov.au/Witnesses-and-Victims/Victim-Impact-Statements

No the Arias' were kicked out, but the Alexander's have the right to stay, no matter what. It's guaranteed by the Victim's Bill of Rights.
Thanks LinasK! After being blind sided by this "secret witness" and dark courtroom, I feel caught in the crosshairs.
But, I will not put this case to rest until there is justice for Travis Alexander!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grandma great