Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll say Bishop too. I think the Defense summoned him, and Juan allowed it because he knew that 1.) I'm sure the jury is like wtf at this point 2.) What can you follow a VIS by the victim's heartbroken siblings with? Testimony from a religious leader 3.) Juan knows this will backfire in Nurm's face just like the sex tape because Nurm will be trashing the victim right after the VIS statements and he's probably asking weird sex questions from a religious guy so that will turn any jury off 4.) Juan gets to cross, hence it taking all day so he is disputing the claims.

This is where the pedophile stuff, abuse of Arias gets introduced. My guess is Nurm is indeed trying to roll the bus over the Arias family and will try or did try to lead the questions into Jodi getting counseled for being abused. Hog wash!

I'll be bold and say Aunt Sue and Jodi are next.

Eek. Now there's a scary thought! ;)

OMG...snort! I hear you!

Ok my latest thought is this. Judge Stevens is caught up in the maelstrom of insane pathological darkness that permeates that courtroom so even she doesn't know why she made this ruling. It's like Ebola, only worse.

A Bishop should not be testifying in court (IMO) as he would have to be subpoenaed and are subject to clergy clauses.

Unless he has been released by the person who spoke to him? Like , CMJA? Who might well have included pedophilia "confidences" to him as part of her premeditation? She was already playing up that angle on May 10 on the sex tape...

WOW ... some more snippets from AZ Central :

A new low: judge locks public out of Jodi Arias trial

For those who wonder: Rule 9.3 of the Rules of Criminal Procedure set out when a judge may lock the courtroom doors during a trial.

"All proceedings shall be open to the public, including representatives of the news media, unless the court finds, upon application of the defendant, that an open proceeding presents a clear and present danger to the defendant's right to a fair trial by an impartial jury."

Stephens made no such findings in open court. In fact, she made no findings at all.

More at Link: http://www.azcentral.com/story/laur...dge-locks-public-out-of-arias-trial/18201641/

Wasn't there some friend that was supposed to testify for her in the first trial who bailed out of fear?

Coming out of lurking to say I thought this too. Nurmi filed motion for mistrial during first sentencing phase stating they have a witness who wrote letter to court and due to intimidation, death threats and fear for her life could not testify. Woman who knew jodi long before Travis

I'll say Bishop too. I think the Defense summoned him, and Juan allowed it because he knew that 1.) I'm sure the jury is like wtf at this point 2.) What can you follow a VIS by the victim's heartbroken siblings with? Testimony from a religious leader 3.) Juan knows this will backfire in Nurm's face just like the sex tape because Nurm will be trashing the victim right after the VIS statements and he's probably asking weird sex questions from a religious guy so that will turn any jury off 4.) Juan gets to cross, hence it taking all day so he is disputing the claims.

This is where the pedophile stuff, abuse of Arias gets introduced. My guess is Nurm is indeed trying to roll the bus over the Arias family and will try or did try to lead the questions into Jodi getting counseled for being abused. Hog wash!

I'll be bold and say Aunt Sue and Jodi are next.

I agree that getting a Bishop to introduce the Big Lies might well be what's going on.

AZL. . .Can the judge/court impose a gag order to keep jurors from speaking to the media after the verdict regarding secret witnesses identity/testimony? TIA

I agree that getting a Bishop to introduce the Big Lies might well be what's going on.

But why keep his identity secret?? :banghead:

Not frustrated with you, Hope. Just the situation. :)

Not to defend her or anything, but one of the impressions I got from her was that she was being very careful to testify only to information that the DT had given her, and that what they gave her was just the tip of the iceberg. This is what I was thinking during all her "I see no evidence of ______" comments. Maybe the DT simply hadn't shown her the evidence. (After all, why would they?)

In Alyce's case, part of her testimony was based on her own interactions with Jodi... and Jodi clearly had ALV wrapped around her little talon right from the get-go. Major fail by Alyce in that regard. But... part of her testimony was also based on information given to her by the DT. As a witness, is she expected/obligated to limit the scope of that part of her testimony to what the DT told her?

True, but ALV was supposed to be an "expert" witness on domestic violence. Unfortunately, she bought (or was bought) the Jodi-line hook-line-and-sinker. She was more of a character witness IMHO, than an expert. She only looked from one perspective... that men abuse women and rarely if ever vice-versa.

She was asked if she had ever worked with abused men. Most of her work seemed to have been with men who were abusers.

Juan couldn't get from her that it was possible that a woman could abuse a man.

Oh, and let's not forget Cinderella.

Witnesses don't get to "tell" these things. I just don't get it. Even if it was an out-of-country witness, once they were sitting there in JSS's courtroom, she could compel them to testify IMO without caving to any extortion demands.

Could they be testifying via SKYPE?

Mark Casey ‏@MarkCasey12News 22m22 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ
Special action filed NOW at AZ Crt of Appeals by @12News keep #JodiArias open-"AZ..unequivocally guarantees public access to proceedings"

AZL. . .Can the judge/court impose a gag order to keep jurors from speaking to the media after the verdict regarding secret witnesses identity/testimony? TIA

Hmmm. I know there's some case law on this, but not sure how it's come out in AZ. During the trial, yes, of course she can, and they can't speak to the media anyway. After the trial, I think she would be on extremely shaky ground 1st Amendment-wise.

Assuming the 1st Amendment is still a thing.

Yep I called it. Media waiting in halls, our day wasted too and judge sends the jury home at the end of day without us knowing a thing. Hope someone leaks something. I don't care if they threaten mistrial. This judge closing out the public was just shameful.

Good tweet:

Sad day in this country where the rights of a psychopathic murderer trump the rights of citizens who are paying for her defense. #JodiArias

Are we quite certain this witness is not some "expert", such as another psychiatrist who gave a diagnosis supporting mental illness or some such nonsense? Someone who saw the fiasco created by ALV and does not want a similar public reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman