Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
B1hzCpfIMAExyBQ.png

It's the Seeekkkrriit Witness! :floorlaugh:

I won't get into why I think that some "People" voted for life instead of death. This is a death penalty case because she more than qualifies for that punishment. If you can not vote for death you should not be on the jury. There really is no decision other than did the state prove death was the appropriate punishment or not. If they are your personal feelings do not come into play.

If someone can look at those pictures and not think this person who slaughtered someone does not deserve it for taking a life in such a brutal heinous matter, than they should not be on a DP case. IMO

I think it's possible that all of these jurors really thought, in the abstract sense, that they could vote for the death penalty; but for some reason, some didn't in this case. Hard to tell why that is-maybe some have trouble seeing a murderous woman in the same light as a murderous man, or maybe something in her defense resonated with them. I really think most of us here understand what she did and why she did it-and that she is not a psychopath, but rather, a sociopath, who deserves the death penalty. I think I'd actually be satisfied with LWOP, as long as she never, ever got any more media attention again. I can't remember-do we know how many of the jurors went against the death penalty?

From TH @ Fox 10:

Troy Hayden @troyhaydenfox10 · 18m 18 minutes ago

If #JodiArias gets death, all the people of AZ will be executing her.

The citizens have a right to access these proceedings as they happen.

I think it's possible that all of these jurors really thought, in the abstract sense, that they could vote for the death penalty; but for some reason, some didn't in this case. Hard to tell why that is-maybe some have trouble seeing a murderous woman in the same light as a murderous man, or maybe something in her defense resonated with them. I really think most of us here understand what she did and why she did it-and that she is not a psychopath, but rather, a sociopath, who deserves the death penalty. I think I'd actually be satisfied with LWOP, as long as she never, ever got any more media attention again. I can't remember-do we know how many of the jurors went against the death penalty?

It was 8-4 in favor of death.

From JG:

Jeffrey Evan Gold @jeffgoldesq · 1h 1 hour ago

Not enough for some that you think #JodiArias is not a DP case.

They want you to also ignore the conviction for brutal premeditated murder.

Jeffrey Evan Gold @jeffgoldesq · 1h 1 hour ago

Down the rabbit hole today in #JodiArias.

So this morning's theme song is of course #JeffersonAirplane #White Rabbit http://youtu.be/WANNqr-vcx0

From ML:

Monica Lindstrom @monicalindstrom · 2h 2 hours ago

Good morning! Any predictions re if We get into the courtroom today? #JodiArias

I think AZL said this date is like a form letter, it's kinda automatic, but that the date could be moved up by the court to be heard immediately. We should know more today. I also think I read 2 of the appeals judges are on the ballot in tomorrow's elections.

BBM: In that case, it's my guess they will delay any ruling on this, including a stay of secret testimony.

Going back to the whole "principle of the thing" for a minute.

I'm never a big participant in politics or government, but when I hear that one of our rights is trying to be taken away or reduced, I get very upset. This is how our original Constitution and Bill of Rights is slowly being eroded and torn apart. Little by Little.

Its never a gigantic big thing that changes it. It is always this sort of thing. Little by little, one thing at a time, and then after years of this sort of thing, we look back and ask ourselves "What Happened to all our rights?"

Whether its gun rights, courtroom rights, etc. They are being torn apart little by little and 1 at a time. It is up to us to stop each one when they arrive at our doorstep.

Sorry. End-Rant.

View attachment 62662

It's the Seeekkkrriit Witness! :floorlaugh:

Just look at how much she has aged !

PURE -- PURE EVIL on her face in that photo below !

arias_1030_b.jpg

@ericksonvision: Martinez and Nurmi have just arrived at #JodiArias court. Meantime appeals court will hear media arguments for court access at 11 AZ time.

It was 8-4 in favor of death.

Thank you-so there were actually 4 who had a problem executing her...I will bet that this one goes in a similar way, and I think the defense will look at LWOP as a victory!

@TrialDiariesJ: Looks like the appeals court will hold a hearing at 11am MST #JodiArias

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 16s 16 seconds ago

Sitting in the hallway with other media friends. #jodiarias

BBM: In that case, it's my guess they will delay any ruling on this, including a stay of secret testimony.

Actually, it may cause them to expedite the matter. I'm not an AZ resident, but those that are, if paying attention to this trial, could be demanding quick resolution? imho

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 16s 16 seconds ago

Sitting in the hallway with other media friends. #jodiarias

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 3m3 minutes ago
Sitting in the hallway with other media friends. #jodiarias resumes in 10 minutes but we aren't going to be allowed in.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 2m2 minutes ago
The court of appeals hearing is at 11 but not at this courthouse. Stay tuned for more info hurrr. #jodiarias

Thank you-so there were actually 4 who had a problem executing her...I will bet that this one goes in a similar way, and I think the defense will look at LWOP as a victory!

The foreman was 100% for no DP for JA, so one has to wonder how much influence he had on the other 3 who voted with him.

@TrialDiariesJ: Looks like the appeals court will hold a hearing at 11am MST #JodiArias

Actually, it may cause them to expedite the matter. I'm not an AZ resident, but those that are, if paying attention to this trial, could be demanding quick resolution? imho

I see your point. It's a toss up between the quick resolution and the judges not wanting to a) climb into that can of worms if they are not even going to be a factor after tomorrow, and b) losing votes as a result of their decision.

Nancy Grace ‏@NancyGraceHLN 56s57 seconds ago
The public and media are still not allowed inside the courtroom. #JodiArias

Nancy Grace ‏@NancyGraceHLN 1m1 minute ago
Nurmi and Martinez as well as Travis family members were seen entering the courtroom. #JodiArias

Nancy Grace ‏@NancyGraceHLN 45s46 seconds ago
At 11am PT there will be a hearing at Court of Appeals to decided what will happen to Public/Media and the trial. #JodiArias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member