Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
en's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
Dan said #jodiarias and Travis spent a lot of time alone together. When they broke up Jodi moved to Cali #3TVARIAS

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 20s 20 seconds ago
Dan doesn't think a lot of people knew Travis hung out with #jodiarias alone and took trips together #3TVARIAS

BBM:

And since when do I, or anyone for that matter, have to tell anyone about my private life? I don't. I might tell my closest friends but I don't make it public knowledge what I do or who I do it with. If people want to think I'm hiding something than fine. I have always been selective in who I tell about my private life and who I am sleeping with, or dating or whatever is PRIVATE, meaning it's not up for just anyone and everyone to know about. Jeez. This is ridiculous. I think that Nurmi and JSS and Willmot needs to let us all know what is going on with their private lives. I want to know everything and if they are not willing than it FOR SURE means that something nefarious is happening.

I know I'm really really really cynical, but is it possible that KN played this figuring the "secret" trial would get shut down, so he wanted to be able to try to get some sympathy for JA in a way that he'll argue Juan can't cross-examine because JSS/COA pulled the plug on her testifying as the judge had in effect promised she could?

That seems like a stretch, but then again it was a given that the press was going to fight it, and it seemed pretty likely the press would prevail. So he gets some freebie sympathetic testimony he was able to tailor and now will argue she needs to stay off the stand other than her allocution.

I dunno - the more I think about it....

If JA was on the stand, JM will get to cross-examine her. I promise.

On cross, I think JM should bring up Jodi's final (post-murder) email to Travis and have Dr. F read every line and tell the jury how each line supports her theory about Jodi just desperately wanting Travis to treat her like a valuable person blah blah blah. And then ask Dr. F if it might also be important to know the CONTEXT of the damn email such as that it was written after Jodi had KILLED Travis and therefore perhaps, in context, it meant something different, like that she didn't want to be suspected of murder. And then ask her if it's possible she's missing some CONTEXT from those other emails that might alter her opinion.

Great idea! Stealing the gun, getting two gas cans, getting a third can, getting the most nondescript rental car possible, flipping the plates, destroying her laptop, destroying evidence, sending the post-murder message, grinding with Ryan, etc. -- "Ma'am, are you saying that each of these acts was caused by what you are claiming was Mr Alexander's so-called 'abuse' or were they the acts of a person planning, carrying out, and then covering up a murder?"

1. "Using hashtags to categorize Tweets by keyword: People use thehashtag symbol # before a relevant keyword or phrase (no spaces) in their Tweet to categorize those Tweets and help them show more easily in Twitter Search. Clicking on a hashtagged word in any message shows you all other Tweets marked with that keyword."
  2. Source: Twitter Help Center | Using hashtags on Twitter

https://support.twitter.com/articles/49309-using-hashtags-on-twitter

it's official, I've completely bastardized the whole hashtag thing and am doing it totally incorrectly. GUILTY lol

Who WAS that? I've read people alluding to it, but I don't know who. And WHY couldn't that come in? Seriously? If I tell were to tell someone that, than I can tell you that I would have been dead serious. I don't and have not ever joked about being hurt by someone, or scared of someone. I can tell you right here and now that my husband would take me seriously and hurt someone if I told him I was scared. I get bucked off of horses and I can take some crap. If I were to tell him someone scared me like that I can guarantee he would take me seriously. Why would that kind of testimony, especially considering that Travis is DEAD not be allowed?

As I said, iirc, Travis was having dinner at his friends home. Don't remember which one. It was the week before his murder. One person said it was Dave Hall. Another said it was a doctor friend, maybe his roommates dad? It was brought up in the first trial. AZlawyer just said she didn't see how it would be relevant. To me everything should be relevant and come out. I saw Beth Karas say tonight that JM would have his own strategy and use what he needs to. I don't understand it myself. The court of law has become pretty much a game. Maybe it always was. I don't like it at all.

I know I'm really really really cynical, but is it possible that KN played this figuring the "secret" trial would get shut down, so he wanted to be able to try to get some sympathy for JA in a way that he'll argue Juan can't cross-examine because JSS/COA pulled the plug on her testifying as the judge had in effect promised she could?

That seems like a stretch, but then again it was a given that the press was going to fight it, and it seemed pretty likely the press would prevail. So he gets some freebie sympathetic testimony he was able to tailor and now will argue she needs to stay off the stand other than her allocution.

I dunno - the more I think about it....

I'm gonna be honest, I don't in any way think Nurmi anticipated things turning out the way they did. I think he tested the waters with the one witness and when the judge granted it he's like, sweet, I'm gonna go for the full Monty and get my whole case sealed. I think he thought the media'd appeal, the judge would say no, and they'd be SOL. I think he got so used to the judge granting these crazy things that he just decided to push it as far as he could.

I wonder if Dr. F has any idea what she's in for on cross? This testimony is like a softball sitting on a tee waiting for Derek Jeter to smash the hell out of it. Martinez is going to have a field day.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Who WAS that? I've read people alluding to it, but I don't know who. And WHY couldn't that come in? Seriously? If I tell were to tell someone that, than I can tell you that I would have been dead serious. I don't and have not ever joked about being hurt by someone, or scared of someone. I can tell you right here and now that my husband would take me seriously and hurt someone if I told him I was scared. I get bucked off of horses and I can take some crap. If I were to tell him someone scared me like that I can guarantee he would take me seriously. Why would that kind of testimony, especially considering that Travis is DEAD not be allowed?

See this post for Dr. Hiatt's interview: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...8#post11199648

It was Dr. Karl Hiatt:

http://radaronline.com/videos/travis-alexander-predicted-jodi-arias-would-kill-him-friend-says/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734