Retrieving wreckage from AirAsia Flight To Singapore- no survivors recovered

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez it's been an angry week for AirAsia!

A fight between four plane passengers has lit up social media after other travelers snapped photos of the disturbance on an Air Asia flight to Hong Kong.
The chaos almost caused the pilot to turn back, the Shanghai Daily has reported.

----------------------------------

A flight was forced to turn around earlier this week when a couple, angry that they weren’t seated together, poured boiling water over an attendant.

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2014/...ks-out-on-air-asia-flight#7hCA8RzVytPcX8Ow.99

What we know so far

It’s nearly noon in Surabaya. Here’s where we are on the search for missing AirAsia flight QZ8501:

Boats and aircraft from Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia and Singapore are combing a patch of the Java Sea near where AirAsia flight QZ8501 disappeared early on Sunday morning. No wreckage or survivors have yet been sighted.

The chief of the rescue effort, Bambang Soelistyo, said the “preliminary suspicion” is that the plane is “at the bottom of the sea”.
He said that Indonesia lacked the tools that would be needed to lift wreckage from the bottom of the sea, and would reach out to other countries for help.

The Indonesian transport minister, Ignasius Jonan, has announced a review of AirAsia Indonesia in light of the incident.
“Much will be reviewed in terms of its business operations and in terms of air transportation business, so that there are safety improvements,” he said.

Indonesian officials remain hopeful that any wreckage of the plane will be found, as visibility has improved and the Java Sea, where the plane disappeared from radar screens, is relatively shallow. There are around six hours of daylight left on Monday.

An extended family of ten and another of five people, including three children, are among those who narrowly missed boarding the QZ8501, which officials now believe crashed into the water about 42 minutes after taking off.

www.theguardian.com/world/live/2014...rch-for-missing-flight-resumes-at-first-light

That Guardian "live updates" feature's one of the best around, btw. Always worth checking on a variety of topics.

Opinion piece:

‘We are doing the best we can,’ is not good enough.

Despite having sophisticated technologies and devices, ranging from radars, black boxes, emergency locator transmitters, flight transponders, satellite communications and more, why is it that every time a mishap occurs, the only thing the experts say is, “We are doing the best we can.”

Worse still, is the airline (AirAsia) insisting the missing plane was in perfect condition, was just serviced, and that the chief pilot was experienced. How the heck do you know all these facts for sure so fast?

What use are the technologies and devices when these are not functional when we need them most?

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/ca...are-doing-the-best-we-can-is-not-good-enough/

That Guardian "live updates" feature's one of the best around, btw. Always worth checking on a variety of topics.

I agree I am always disappointed when they are NOT covering something. :twocents:

Indonesia AirAsia is planning to retire its QZ8501 flight code following the disappearance of its aircraft en route to Surabaya to Singapore on Sunday.

Its chief executive officer, Sunu Widyatmoko said however the process may take time before it could take effect.

“We have forwarded our suggestion to the headquarters, but we are still waiting for the approval and coordination from the headquarters,” he said.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/12/29/AirAsia-retiring-number-of-missing-plane/

Search suspended for the night:

The search operation is due to resume as soon as weather conditions permit, most likely around 07:00 in the morning local time (00:00 GMT).

It is concentrating on an area of sea between Kalimantan, Borneo, and Java, Indonesia. Indonesian officials say that so far, no wreckage has been found.

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-asia-30615089

Search suspended for the night:

The search operation is due to resume as soon as weather conditions permit, most likely around 07:00 in the morning local time (00:00 GMT).

It is concentrating on an area of sea between Kalimantan, Borneo, and Java, Indonesia. Indonesian officials say that so far, no wreckage has been found.

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-asia-30615089

This is from today?! It is only 2:15pm where they are! Conditions must be really bad.

Oh, I just noticed that it is the air search that is called off. The sea rescue continues.

"Air search called off at 10:30 GMT due to poor visibility, but sea rescue operation continues"

Opinion piece:

‘We are doing the best we can,’ is not good enough.

Despite having sophisticated technologies and devices, ranging from radars, black boxes, emergency locator transmitters, flight transponders, satellite communications and more, why is it that every time a mishap occurs, the only thing the experts say is, “We are doing the best we can.”

Worse still, is the airline (AirAsia) insisting the missing plane was in perfect condition, was just serviced, and that the chief pilot was experienced. How the heck do you know all these facts for sure so fast?

What use are the technologies and devices when these are not functional when we need them most?

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/ca...are-doing-the-best-we-can-is-not-good-enough/
Hi SA……they would be looking through all of their training records regarding the Capt and FO. Their simulator records would be checked along with their line flying competencies. Check and Training Pilots would have been asked about their competencies as well. I know with our Pilot's - if you don't make the grade your out - no second chances with this line of work. Engineering log books would also be checked - along with engineering checks as to the number of cycles done by the A/C to make sure their engineering checks coincide with the number of cycles the aircraft has done. When crew board their aircraft there are many checks they need to be performed to ensure that the aircraft is airworthy. Cabin crew would be doing the same thing. Let's hope that their book work matches the aircraft.

There would also be word on the street …..(crew room) - whether these Pilots always operated within the companies standard operating procedures. Some will cut corners, bend the rules and take chances for example flying into bad weather when they should have returned. Pilot's do not like delays and can in some cases push the envelope. I would imagine interviewing other crew members who have flown with these 2 would be interviewed as well. We have to take a Crew Resource Management Course - yearly. This is designed for all crew to be able to interact and feel comfortable in discussing issues that arise in flight. I can remember working for an airline whereby the Captain was Muslim ….FO Hindi and the FE was Christian, don't bring up religion in the flight deck.

.....not enjoying a sinus event and went down for a bit and am now up and surprised that there has been zero. I am moving more and more toward a complete and total disintegration 5 miles up as a result of a down draft or updraft that just shredded the thing mid air. Instant disintegration, black box problem if this is the situation tho. Just pondering under the influence of sinus drugs -- who knows maybe this is all a bad dream and everyone is fine.

If I tell any of you shortly I found it ,do not believe me I am eating more sinus crap at this time. My spelling and typing are hideous absent of substances - so we could be in for an interesting post or two excelling my superior typing and spelling skill set! ha

Emeriates you ever seen the A380 up close ori inside must be extradinary!!!

.....not enjoying a sinus event and went down for a bit and am now up and surprised that there has been zero. I am moving more and more toward a complete and total disintegration 5 miles up as a result of a down draft or updraft that just shredded the thing mid air. Instant disintegration, black box problem if this is the situation tho. Just pondering under the influence of sinus drugs -- who knows maybe this is all a bad dream and everyone is fine.

If I tell any of you shortly I found it ,do not believe me I am eating more sinus crap at this time. My spelling and typing are hideous absent of substances - so we could be in for an interesting post or two excelling my superior typing and spelling skill set! ha

I'm having a Jim Beam so I might be able to do a personal best in poor spelling !!

From Wall Street Journal

Jon Ostrower ‏@jonostrower 14m14 minutes ago
DEVELOPING ON WSJ: *Indonesian AF: ‘Something’ Spotted In Waters 700 Miles From Last Known #QZ8501 Position. No identification Of Object.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forensicsdropout