Retrieving wreckage from AirAsia Flight To Singapore- no survivors recovered

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Planes do fly in and around thunderstorms all the time, but that radar looks quite nasty with all that red- red meaning very severe storms. Wonder how high those thunderclouds reached?

Yikes, those look like some severe storms. JMO, but the storms will play into this.
Sadly, I agree this could be storm-related, which also would likely mean the plane is gone.

Praying for all those aboard, and for answers.
:praying:

Media release ..... SAR, Air Force, Navy have been activated. Waiting area set up for relatives and friends :(

d63f4008-d4b4-492d-99a3-378dd09b1b18.jpg

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-28/air-asia-flight-loses-contact-with-air-traffic-control/5990424

Yes planes fly in storms usually above weather activity but it isn't unheard of for storms to be at higher altitudes so planes fly "through" storms as well as above them or they can have problems getting to an altitude above the storms.

Seems sort of sketchy but if true about the weather it could be just a tragic accident. (but there is no way I'd be flying or letting friends and family fly anywhere near Malaysia.

The plane is 6 years old so I guess it was weather related. But why did they fly? A delay would have made SENSE.

On CNN they stated there will be a news conference soon.

That darkness could imply loss of contact with the plane that is missing.

ETA: darkness = the color of sorrow and grief, IMO and from my personal experience

No emergency signals .... ?

Flightradar24 @flightradar24 · 10m 10 minutes ago
Flightradar24 did not pick up any emergency signals from #QZ8501 The signal was just lost at 23:12 UTC

Flightradar24 @flightradar24 · 9m 9 minutes ago
#QZ8501 may have flown out of Flightradar24 coverage at 23:12 UTC as we are missing coverage on lower altitudes in this area.

Flightradar24 @flightradar24 · 6m 6 minutes ago
The time is now 4:42 UTC which means that #QZ8501 has been missing for 5h and 30min. Search and rescue operation underway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!