Retrieving wreckage from AirAsia Flight To Singapore- no survivors recovered

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like shallow water / land. Were there storms in the area? Could explain request to change direction, this is monsoon season after all.

ABC News 24@ABCnews24

The #airasia plane is carrying six crew and 155 passengers - 138 adults, 16 children and a baby

Yes, apparently "rigorous" storms in the are at the time

B56gCKECYAAEVwj.jpg
Janis Mackey Frayer ‏@janisctv 2m2 minutes ago
Satellite image reportedly near time #AirAsia flight went missing shows vigorous thunderstorms (black) N of Surabaya pic.twitter.com/TSYLkJrNRj

So the change in route was probably to avoid thunderstorms, right?

Aren't there thunderstorms and planes all the time?? I mean I guess it could be the cause.

View attachment 66385
Satellite image reportedly near time #AirAsia flight went missing shows vigorous thunderstorms (black) N of Surabaya pic.twitter.com/TSYLkJrNRj

I'm sorry to be naive here, but don't planes fly high above thunderstorms? I understand at take off and landing it's an issue but this was in between either and should have been at a way higher altitude. Or that is my understanding. Feel free to school me. tks

View attachment 66385
Yikes, those look like some severe storms. JMO, but the storms will play into this.

I'm sorry to be naive here, but don't planes fly high above thunderstorms? I understand at take off and landing , it's an issue but this was in between either and should have been at a way higher altitude. Or that is my understanding. Feel free to school me. tks

That's what I thought. It's usually above the clouds.

Time in Singapore and Denpasar is about 12:20pm ... so the plane been off the radar for about 5-6 hours. I think it said that Denpasar air traffic control lost at 6:17am .. times seem to vary a little from report to report.

https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=time+in+denpasar

It's a 2 hr flight ! I was hopeful and thinking they would find it soon because it's not been missing too long but that's pretty discouraging. It's daylight there now, yes ?

Flying at 32,000 feet over Java Sea when signal was lost.

c677675b-d7c3-4dd4-a764-33445dcf25d4_800.png

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-28/air-asia-flight-loses-contact-with-air-traffic-control/5990424

It's a 2 hr flight ! I was hopeful and thinking they would find it soon because it's not been missing too long but that's pretty discouraging. It's daylight there now, yes ?

Yes. Middle of the day ... lunchtime.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30614627

"Indonesian media say more than 160 people were on board the Airbus A320-200.

The aircraft, flight number QZ8501, lost contact with air traffic control at 07:24 (00:24 GMT), AirAsia tweeted.

The company said that search and rescue operations were under way for the missing plane.

An official with the transport ministry, Hadi Mustofa, told local media the plane lost contact over the Java Sea, which lies between Surabaya and Singapore.

He said the plane had asked for an unusual route before it lost contact.

AirAsia have given few other details."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member