*REVISIT* Dead Body in the Trunk Statement: True or Bait?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dead body in the trunk statement. I am not aware of any Le that have said those words. I wonder where this came from? Did someone from Le way back when make that statement? I have seen no evidence that the Sa is going to use the trunk at trial. It is my opinion that they were just investigating the trunk and it didn't pan out. The thread is not about evidence from the trunk, The thread is titled Dead body in the trunk statement, True or bait? I believe the Sa has used the sunshine law to bait casey into a confession and it has not worked. It is just opinion, but I do not believe the thread is pointless. IMO

It's old news but Yuri Melich testified at the Bond Hearing that he had been in Homicide before his current job and he knew that what he smelled in the trunk of Casey's car was decomposition. He wasn't talking about Pizza or garbage. That statement was reinforced by the Cadaver dog. The dog has no hidden agenda.

Wrong...it was in a press conference...but forgive me for not looking for it. Time to move on.

OK...couldn't resist...this is the an interview with JA...couldn't help myself.

http://www.wesh.com/video/17354638/index.html

Hope that's official enough.

Thank you so much for this link. So it is the hair and the fbi report and not Dr Vass or the air sample that he was talking about. I really appreciate this. Now I have an official saying they are going with the trunk theory. thanks

It's old news but Yuri Melich testified at the Bond Hearing that he had been in Homicide before his current job and he knew that what he smelled in the trunk of Casey's car was decomposition. He wasn't talking about Pizza or garbage. That statement was reinforced by the Cadaver dog. The dog has no hidden agenda.

He did not say human decomposition. Just wanted to make that clear. thanks

Thank you so much for this link. So it is the hair and the fbi report and not Dr Vass or the air sample that he was talking about. I really appreciate this. Now I have an official saying they are going with the trunk theory. thanks
You're welcome...but IIRC...and I really did try to find the OSCO pc (I kept getting a Disney video!)...there were "reasons" for the decomp. The reports from Oak Ridge had just confirmed that the air sample analyzed had shown evidence of decomp. I believe the indictment happened shortly after that. It's all part and parcel IMO. Look at all the reports at the time to get a clearer understanding of what LE believed. This was old stuff...no way to say if it can be connected to strategy now. IMO

ETA: re: the video...interesting comment(s): a) there was a decomposing body in the trunk...and b) it was Caylee

ETA: First the Oak Ridge Report came out http://www.wesh.com/news/17314603/detail.html
Then JA's video. The indictment was about a month and a half later.

Ok...but let's remember that they sought the murder indictment after test results came back. They weren't looking for an animal killer IMO.

GA and CA both stated in numerous interviews about the smell of decomp in the car...............

He DID agree that there was evidence of human decomposition in the car. I have linked that video before on another thread.

Ok...but let's remember that they sought the murder indictment after test results came back. They weren't looking for an animal killer IMO.

We also need to remember that all of this was BEFORE they had a body. They needed to prove that Caylee was dead. Now that is moot..and that evidence changes in weight. IMO

I'm reading the original thread topic AND the latest round of questions to have been asked and answered.

I'd prefer to leave the thread open provided it stays on-topic, that is, IF there is any additional discussion.

TIA.

He stated that he recognized the smell of decomposition as he had been a Homicide Detective prior to this job. He had smelled human decomposition and
recognized it instantly when he smelled it in Casey's car. What kind of decomposition do you propose he was talking about if not human- he worked with dead bodies, and knew their characteristic and unmistakable smell- not garbage or Pizza.

He stated that he recognized the smell of decomposition as he had been a Homicide Detective prior to this job. He had smelled human decomposition and
recognized it instantly when he smelled it in Casey's car. What kind of decomposition do you propose he was talking about if not human- he worked with dead bodies, and knew their characteristic and unmistakable smell- not garbage or Pizza.

I will have to go back and look at the bond hearing once more to see if that is what he said. Thanks for offering this up.

I will have to go back and look at the bond hearing once more to see if that is what he said. Thanks for offering this up.

The Bond hearing was about a missing child, not a missing bag of garbage or Pizza.

Go back and review some of the taped interviews of GA with LE. Pay particular attention to the one where he has to go and throw up as he admits to LE that he is familiar with what that smell is. He knew what the smell was the moment he walked up to that car. That's why he wanted the tow guy there standing next to him when he opened the trunk. He was expecting to find KC's body in it, fearing she had finally come to a bad end.

If he did, would would that be acceptable?

Absolutely not.IMO I have yet to see or hear any authoritive figure say anything like that. IMO I don't know of any official source in this investigation that said that trunk smelled of human decomp.IMO Why would Yuri M stick his neck out like that?

That would be to state something as fact while not knowing for sure.... IMO

I would be weary of anyone whom makes such a claim.. IMO

The word decomp on its own without human attached to it, is just a generic form of the word. IMO Actually almost everything around us is decomposing,(the food in our refridgerators and cupboards, the walls , the floors, the roof, ect ect, therefore almost everything around us must smell like decomp. IMO It is way too generic and must have human attached to it for me to take it seriously. IMO

Absolutely not.IMO I have yet to see or hear any authoritive figure say anything like that. IMO I don't know of any official source in this investigation that said that trunk smelled of human decomp.IMO Why would Yuri M stick his neck out like that?

That would be to state something as fact while not knowing for sure.... IMO

I would be weary of anyone whom makes such a claim.. IMO

The word decomp on its own without human attached to it, is just a generic form of the word. IMO Actually almost everything around us is decomposing,(the food in our refridgerators and cupboards, the walls , the floors, the roof, ect ect, therefore almost everything around us must smell like decomp. IMO It is way too generic and must have human attached to it for me to take it seriously. IMO

IMHO, if a Homicide Detective is on the stand in a courtroom, and says "decomposition" I am sure that he is not talking about food in the refrigerator. Serious is evident from Yuri being a homicide detective speaking as a witness in a courtroom before a judge about a child who was missing for a month before her disappearance was reported by someone other than her own mother. And you can take THAT seriously. The trunk stunk of decomposition. And trash does not stink of decomposition of any kind. And neither does dried up pizza. And there were no squirrels.

LE has no hidden agenda. Casey Anthony is not a major player in anything other than the disappearance and death of her child. There is no coverup, there is no reason to 'plant' inculpatory evidence, nor to hide exculpatory evidence. Yuri Melich was being flat out serious and honest.

Florida is and has been laying out the case against KC, and we have watched that process through the Sunshine Laws. The defense has nothing except for trying to look through loopholes and to tell their legally permissible lies. Compare a defense attorney with a little kid who will tell his momma anything to stay out of trouble and shift blame.

JMHO

In brother Lee's interview he said all of these things about the smell in the car: "..potent... horrible smell... it hits you like a weight... I couldn't stand it for 2 minutes... atrocious". He never said it smelled like pizza.

Simply put....."IT IS THE TRUTH - THE WHOLE TRUTH - AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH"
There is no way CA can get out of this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nocturnalmeee