*REVISIT* Does Anyone Feel Sad for Casey? Or Family Members?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I definately don't feel bad for KC. I might feel bad for her parents/brother if I had ever seen any redeeming qualities in them. I feel horrible for admitting this but usually when someone cries, it stirs my heart strings but when any of them cry - I feel nothing, except once I think when George was crying. He's the only one that seems the slightest bit human to me. Gosh, I struggled to type that but there it is in fullout honesty.

And I don't buy that CA didn't know KC was pregnant. I think we see there how powerful her denial can be. She knew and chose to ignore. My mom's not an RN and she knew before I did that I was pregnant, simply b/c my back hurt and her motherly instinct kicked in.

In answer to the OP's question regarding whether I feel sad for Casey or her family members .... the only Anthony family member that I feel sorry for is this one:

cayleeangel.jpg

The one I feel sorry for is Great-Grandpa in the nursing home.
What a horrible way to live out the last of his remaining time. :(

The one I feel sorry for is Great-Grandpa in the nursing home.
What a horrible way to live out the last of his remaining time. :(

Good point! I was thinking immediate (five-finger family unit) when I responded, but I do feel sorry for the great-grandparents. :(

Good point! I was thinking immediate (five-finger family unit) when I responded, but I do feel sorry for the great-grandparents. :(

I still find georges 5 finger analogy quite strange.:loser:

Only the great grand parents. No feeling of anything but distaste for the rest of the bunch. Someone should have smacked George & Cindy back into reality, letting them know the Cleavers were only a tv family & real families have issues & problems & even daughters who get pregnant. We deal with it, not sweep it under the rug.

I do feel very sorry and sad for the grandparents and precious little Caylee who had a whole life of opportunity and love ahead of her.

I feel nothing at all for the core A family since they had 31 days to take Caylee being 'missing' seriously and go after KC. They had almost 3 years to set KC straight and on the right path as a good Mother (or remove Caylee) and, over 21 years to set boundaries, hold KC accountable and, make her a decent law abiding person (escalating crimes) and yet --- they have focused all of their energy before and ever since to defend and protect KC from her own hateful selfish actions. The root cause analysis.

What price?

The A's have lost beautiful precious Caylee and yet do not seek justice for her or sit on the side of the prosecution. They did not opt to remain neutral but opted to go all out to save KC to the cost of Caylee.

You earn love via mutual respect and standards. You don't buy love by turning a blind eye via excessive enabling. The A's never ever learn from their mistakes and they enabled the biggest mistake ever. The final straw.

May KC rot in jail for an eternity and the A's forever disappear. Justice for Caylee!!!!

What happened to this family is a Greek tragedy - a beloved child murdered and a beloved daughter accused of the act. I of course feel empathy for the parents. I cannot imagine having to handle such a situation. I'd go crazy, I think.
However, this is, IMO a highly toxic and dysfunctional family. They thus did not react the way most healthy people around the world would, when faced with a tragedy of such epic proportions. They simply did not have the tools to react normally at all, whatever normal is in such a situation. And I think it makes sense that highly dysfunctional families and environments create people like casey anthony or scott peterson, who is also from a crazy family IMO.
The problem is that their dysfunction and toxicity make them so odd and outrageous, that most people simply cannot relate at all. Most people see nothing in the anthonys that resembles themselves in any way, and that makes it almost impossible to empathize.
The opposite is also true. I think many people can relate to the type of family they have, having experienced a family just as bizarre and having suffered as a result. These people can relate but have no sympathy because they are still trying to heal after living in such an unhealthy environment. They cannot empathize because despite relating, they worked hard and succeeded in not becoming like the anthonys, even while being raised with people much like them.
So, you have two groups of people who account for a lot of anger and disbelief when it comes to the anthonys reactions. This makes it very hard to empathize.
I defended these people for a long, long time. I understood, somewhat, how nutty people could react so oddly when faced with something so tragic. I felt sick about what they went through (except perhaps for LA. I don't think he feels much, at all).
But their behavior went from bizarre to enraging. It was the depos that did me in. Now it is hard to feel a sense of pain for them, even though I know I should. And, I am one of the most sympathetic people I know besides my dear mama!
So, bottom line, their strange behavior tended to turn people off and separate the anthonys from many of the rest of society, making it very hard for us to understand them and that they indeed are suffering. I know they are human but I dislike their behavior. It makes me cringe and gets my blood boiling. It's hard to feel for them when I feel that way!

Respectfully Quoted gitana :blowkiss:

Thank you for putting all that in a great way. I can see those dynamics at work but did not have the words. :thumb:

RE: "empathy", it would not be empathy for me but not hate either. Although, I have felt every emotion I read on each post at different times about all the Anthonys. And, still do.

:twocents:

I dont feel sad for KC. She is where she is because of her lies and her poor dead little daughter. IF she wouldve called the police instead of partyng maybe I could think that she truly cared for her daughter but she just seems totally selfish and soul-less.
She a waste, a total waste. Its sad the way she had so many opportunities and blew them. She seemed to have a loving family that accepted her daughter and helped take care of her.
Theres alot of single Mothers out there who live alot worse lives. So cindy was strict and expected KC to be responsible? Well, mine wouldve expected the same and put up with alot less. Cindy was lenient ompared to some Mothers I know. I think she tried to make the best of the situation. She couldve kicked KC out and had her living a life o welfare. She didnt. KC couldve moved out if she didnt like "rules". Lots of kids do.
I do believe she knew KC was pregnant, maybe she just felt it wasnt anyone elses business. Especially since KC doesnt even seem to know who the father was.
She couldve also married JG but according to him SHE broke off the engagement because she felt he loved Caylee more than her. How mch more selfish can you GET? No I dont feel sad for her! She had alot of opportunities and it seems alot of friends who cared for her until she stole from some of them and they found out she lied and never confided that her daughter was MISSING. I think I have read that 2 have actually tried to commit suicide. Can you imagine being dragged into this drama???

I found the image below this morning while looking though an old photo gallery, and then went browsing through the threads to try and find an appropriate one in which to post it. Isn't this thread just perfect?! Do I feel sad for Casey? NO. And this is why:

76cb9f041b3167419050a3465a9e0145.jpg

She literally threw Caylee away like trash, on the side of the road! look at how close she was to the road!! She took that baby's body out of the trunk, took barely two steps into the woods and heaved it by a tree. And left it to sit there and rot and be picked apart by animals.

there really are no words for how disgusting this is. :furious:

I have never felt sorry for KC. Initially i felt bad for the family, but their actions since have changed that. I usually scoff when someone describes a victim as "being in a better place", but in Caylee's case, it would seem to be all too true.

Never will I feel sorry for anyone who kills an innocent little baby:shakehead:

For ICA: I'm only sad I'm not an EMT or MD who administers certain drugs like potassium chloride for the DOC in Florida.

As for GA the whole suicide was a put on imho. The man owns a gun so he could have done it right if that was really his intention. Also if he cared for Caylee he wouldn't have cashed in on her. The pictures would have been given freely.

Cindy: She didn't physically kill Caylee, but her hands imho are just as bloddy as ICA's.

Lee: I think he's stuck/torn and he's trying his best to deal with the situation but maybe not in ways most of us would. I think him staying out of the spotlight speaks a lot for Lee. However I reserve the right to change my opinion of him.

I feel the greatest of sympathy for Caylee's other family members. To have something so precious taken from you and then to see your family members acting the way they are and being so hurtful to Caylee's memory. My heart really goes out to them especially Caylee's great grand parents.

As to their situation yeah I wouldn't want to be in a situation like that with my family. However I would hope my parenting skills yield better results then to raise a child that would kill their own precious baby. That and if it did happen I can say that knowing myself the way I do. I certainly wouldn't respond to this situation like GA and CA. If it were my sister. I would do exactly what Lee is doing right now. Staying out of it and trying the best I can to move on with my life, but also being there for Caylee's memory and testifying against my sister if need be.

all imho

I don't feel bad for one second for Casey and I sincerely hope that the truth of what she did to her daughter is eating away at her while she sits there in that isolated cell. Just the sight of her face makes me disgusted...what she's put her family through and she is so narcisistic that she continues to think she is the victim and truly believes she can just lie over and over even when the lies are just ridiculous. If she did kill her child - then own up to it and give everyone some closure, serve your time and at least show Caylee some respect now that she is dead allegedly because of you.

I think to myself all the time, if Casey didn't want her child, she could have called me up and I would have taken that child into my home in a heartbeat. I hope and prayed she would be found alive and well, but in the back of my mind I knew they would never find her alive. I really did mourn for her when they found her remains. She was such a beautiful little girl - she deserved so much better....it really gets to me when I think about her last hours and what thoughts were going through her mind.

I DO feel bad for Cindy and George. They truly did love their grandchild and I can't imagine how painful that must have been for them. BUT, I DO NOT think its right that they are covering for Casey now. They don't necessarily need to do anything to further incriminate Casey, but they could certainly just state the facts as they know them and trust that either the facts will prove her innocent or the facts will make her pay for the crime she committed.

I found the image below this morning while looking though an old photo gallery, and then went browsing through the threads to try and find an appropriate one in which to post it. Isn't this thread just perfect?! Do I feel sad for Casey? NO. And this is why:

She literally threw Caylee away like trash, on the side of the road! look at how close she was to the road!! She took that baby's body out of the trunk, took barely two steps into the woods and heaved it by a tree. And left it to sit there and rot and be picked apart by animals.

there really are no words for how disgusting this is. :furious
:

I like your analogy. This is very discusting and I am furious about it as well, but I just don't know for sure who did it. And I believe you are right, barely two steps in. IMO

Does Anyone Feel Sad for Casey? Or Family Members?

A resounding NO!

Here is something that has been bugging me for a long time:

The day Caylee's remains were discovered the Anthony's went on Larry King Live and even had a meal.
There is no way I would have been anywhere other then the airport waiting for the next flight home (actually I would have been home searching for my Caylee and not on some talk show circuit) hopefully in a private room because I would have been unconsolable. I would not have been able to take a drink of water much less eat a meal. When I did return home I would have to sit at the crime scene tape waiting for any word about my Caylee. No one or nothing would have been able to comfort me. All I keep thinking about is if she had been my Caylee I would have been sobbing over the fact that my daughter had done this to my Caylee and I would never be able to hug, kiss, read a book to or play with my Caylee ever again.
I have yet to see any of the Anthony's sobbing with true heartfelt grief. July will mark 2 years that we as the public first heard of Caylee "missing" when she was actually dead in a swamp down the road from her home and when I let myself think of what happened to Caylee even 2 years later it's like I just heard about her yesterday.
No feeling sorry or sad for the Anthony clan from me. They have made their bed so now they must lay in it. They've done the damage and they can't remove the damage.

I like your analogy. This is very discusting and I am furious about it as well, but I just don't know for sure who did it. And I believe you are right, barely two steps in. IMO

Please enlighten me on who other than Casey do you think could even have a reason to murder a 2 1/2 year old Caylee?

there really are no words for how disgusting this is. :furious:

...After she lugged her body around in her trunk until it started stinking in her car. Grrrrr.....this is why just the sight of her disgusts me...so cold hearted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes