REVISIT Does LE have enough evidence to Convict Casey on 1st Degree Murder?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you think LE has enough evidence to get Casey on 1st Degree Murder?

• Yes

Votes: 759 77.2%
  • No

Votes: 84 8.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 140 14.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning I looked Casey up to see her new mug shot and I noticed it said (violent offender) Anyway I said Yes

Yes. The circumstantial evidence is pretty strong added to the fact that KC's story has been all about the nanny and NO ONE will be able to prove she exists. There are no cell phone records, no records of payment even though it was a fairly lengthy period that KC claims Z was the "nanny". No family members or friends have met her. Add it all up:

No nanny
Lies
Forensic Evidence
Very honest talk about the horrific smell prior to when the denial and spin began by family
KC's bizarre behavior of partying etc. while her child has been alledgedly kidnapped

In it's entirety it builds a strong case.

Reasonable doubt does not mean anything is possible and the jury will see the truth when the puzzle is put neatly together by the prosecution.

Skull Fragments? Wow! I don't recall hearing that before. That definately gives this case an interesting twist.

I think that what hasn't been released is much more telling than what has been released.

No one has seen an interview with Annie, we haven't heard from the neighbors, we've only seen that one LE interview with GA, we haven't seen much (if any) information released on all the testing they've done on the trunk, we don't know what other things TES has found. There are many, many more things that I had noticed at one time or another that we haven't seen or heard of yet (I just can't remember what they are right now).

I don't think that we know even half of the evidence that they have against her. The really damning stuff has not been released. I believe that if they did not have some really substanial evidence they wouldn't have taken the case before the GJ at this time. I can't wait to see what they do have.

I don't follow any court hearings or have ever been interested in crime (until this case). Does anyone know if we'll ever be privy to all the evidence? Will the stuff the GJ heard yesterday eventually come out in the trial or will there be things we'll (as the public) never know?

Yes, I believe the Prosecutor has the needed evidence to prove the first degree murder
charge.

The hair and decomposition cells found in the trunk, along with the chloroform searches and significant amounts of chloroform in that trunk
are very compelling.

I happen to believe that LE has strong motive evidence too, tho it is not
one of the elements they must prove to a jury.

casey anthony wanted the single, clubbing life without Caylee. I think
it's as simple as that.

'Now prosecutors could pressure Casey with the death penalty to open up about where Caylee is. "No body, no death penalty," Orlando defense attorney William Sheaffer told Eyewitness News.

Sheaffer, a former prosecutor, believes prosecutors will back off the death penalty to ease the pressure that could discourage jurors from convicting Casey of first-degree murder without Caylee's body in evidence, but says the defense team's insistence that Caylee is alive has blown their chance to negotiate Casey out of a possible life sentence.

"The defense has missed the boat on bargaining with the state other than taking the death penalty off the table," Sheaffer said.

Sheaffer told Eyewitness News an experienced defense attorney would have argued it was accidental and negotiated a lesser charge.'

http://www.wftv.com/news/17723629/detail.html

This is what I have wondered all along. I do not see how the defense can effectively argue against the murder 1 or premeditation, without KC admitting to at LEAST negligent homicide--not to mention obstruction, abuse of a corpse etc. They have painted themselves into a corner. JMHUO

I don't mean to be gross- but if caylee was decomposing in the trunk there may be other forensic evidence not mentioned- fragments etc
If she wasn't dumped or buried quickly things get nasty fast.
This case makes me ill!!!!!!!!!

Early in the case there was a report from one of the detectives, Yuri I think, that a hairdresser reported that she had seen Caylee with bruises and a black mark under one eye. Later, the detective interviewed one of Casey's friends who showed him a cell phone picture of Caylee and the picture showed the black mark under her eye. So there may have been some indications of child abuse.

Yes, I had forgotten about that. And, IIRC, the hairdresser described the bruising exactly as the cell phone pic displayed it. Lends credibility to her statement.

The State needs to produce inculpatory evidence that proves its murder charge beyond a reasonable doubt.

The evidence does not prove a premeditated murder (murder one) was committed. The evidence does not prove a murder with malice aforethought (murder two) was committed.

Prosecutors do not have a body, a time of death, a cause of death, a place of death, a crime scene, a witness or a confession.

The defense should request a bench trial. If prosecutors move forward with a charge of murder one and/or murder two, the defense will ask and the Judge should award a summary judgment (pre-trial ruling) for the defense.

Case closed.

The State needs to produce inculpatory evidence that proves its murder charge beyond a reasonable doubt.

The evidence does not prove a premeditated murder (murder one) was committed. The evidence does not prove a murder with malice aforethought (murder two) was committed.

Prosecutors do not have a body, a time of death, a cause of death, a place of death, a crime scene, a witness or a confession.

The defense should request a bench trial. If prosecutors move forward with a charge of murder one and/or murder two, the defense will ask and the Judge should award a summary judgment (pre-trial ruling) for the defense.

Case closed.

Just curious Wudge but aren't you the one that argued there wasn't enough evidence to convict Scott of Laci/Conner's death?

Just curious Wudge but aren't you the one that argued there wasn't enough evidence to convict Scott of Laci/Conner's death?

A wrongful verdict based on insufficient evidence. Though in his case, the jurors did not even find motive. Insufficient evidence is a core appeal issue that will attach prejudice.

Case closed.
(my bold added)

Per rule1.510 Civil rules, a motion for summary judgment is available in civil proceedings. A criminal case cannot be ended by that type of motion.

Case reopened.

Defendant's motion for required Finding of Not Guilty (criminal equivalent somewhat --of motion for summary judgment) Denied!.

Shocking proof beyond a reasonable doubt of each and every element of 1st degree murder provided by prosecution.

Casey convicted of first degree murder.

Death penalty imposed.

Case closed again.

:gavel:
it's just my humble opinion so please do not yell at me.

(my bold added)

Per rule1.510 Civil rules, a motion for summary judgment is available in civil proceedings. A criminal case cannot be ended by that type of motion.

Case reopened.

Defendant's motion for required Finding of Not Guilty (criminal equivalent somewhat --of motion for summary judgment) Denied!.

Shocking proof beyond a reasonable doubt of each and every element of 1st degree murder provided by prosecution.

Casey convicted of first degree murder.

Death penalty imposed.

Case closed again.

:gavel:
it's just my humble opinion so please do not yell at me.

At the end of motions-in-limine (evidence issues have been ruled upon and the Judge is the jury in a bench trial) the defense would move to dismiss based on insufficient evidence to support the charges.

A directed verdict would be the next related motion.

As for your belief that inculpatory evidence from sources beyond the cited sources supports premeditation, what is that evidence?

Yes I do.........Casey is Guilty Beyond a shawow of a doubt....!!!

And that's not even considering evidence that LE has that we have yet to see..!!

I voted yes as I have always maintained Casey would be indicted for a death penalty crime.

If they fail to convince a jury there was premeditation, it will not preclude this from being a death penalty case.
If they find Caylee was killed during agg. child abuse...that is also first degree murder and a capital offense in Florida.

Interesting legal point was brought up by a Wser yesterday, sorry I cannot recall who.
But the Supreme Court has ruled that all 12 jurors do not have to agree on premeditation vs death during agg. child abuse for it to be a unanimous verdict.
The Court's reasoning was that both methods of causing death equate to first degree murder and hence they do not take the jury's findings into the realm of 2 different crimes so as to make them not unanimous.:)
In plain English, if 6 jurors say death during child abuse but no premeditation to kill....and 6 say it was premeditated---that is a unanimous verdict of guilty.

Sorry about the yakkety yakkety....I just found that really interesting so thanks again to whoever posted that case!:blowkiss:

That was very interesting. My brother had told me the same thing but I really thought he was just talking about in our state. I did not realize it was a USSC decision.

Case closed.

Hmmmmmmmmmm You might want to read some of the cases which NONE of these have been presented but there was a guilty verdict on murder one. The reason she was charged with the other charges is so she CAN'T have a bench trial. LOL

Hmmmmmmmmmm You might want to read some of the cases which NONE of these have been presented but there was a guilty verdict on murder one. The reason she was charged with the other charges is so she CAN'T have a bench trial. LOL

Citation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member