Rhornsby Legal Q&A #3 Relevant to the Anthony Case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a question I'd like an opinion about, please. The court has for now barred any release or use of the recording of the conversation or interview or statement given by JJ to the defense. Assuming that the defense believes the statement was favorable to them and supports their argument that Casey couldn't have put the body there blah blah, won't they still want to call JJ as a witness? That isn't precluded by the sealing of the tape, is it, despite what is being reported?

You don't mean to tell me you think the media gets it wrong sometimes?

Seriously though, he granted the State's Motion for Protective Order as it relates to the Joe Jordan recording.

This should not be a surprise considering nobody objected to the State's request.

apparently no one except for the one person first reading it has bothered to read the judges ruling. All they had to do was read the ruling :banghead: they just parrot what another new organization has on their website apparently. lazy, lazy!

Many legal questions are being asked about the jail video motion, in the Motions Denied thread RH! I mentioned that the confusion would be cleared up with your help, best to ask some of them here on this thread! :wink:

Does this mean that even JB's visits will be continued to be taped? As well as any visits from Casey's family & her OH SOOOOO many friends that she has left will be taped?

My prediction is that the A's will not visit due them continuing to be taped. IMO

Thanks so much for answering all of our questions! You are truly appreciated here by all of us!

Here's the motions from Judge S for you:
PDF: Protective Order Regarding Recording Of Interview Of Joe Jordan
http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/1216/21984423.pdf

PDF: Order Denying Defendant's Motion For A Protective Order Directing Orange County Jail To Destroy Videos Of Family Visits
http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/1216/21984430.pdf

PDF: Order Denying Defendant's Motion To Dismiss Counts 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13 For Violation Of Double Jeopardy Clause
http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/1216/21984524.pdf

ETA: Thanks you answered my question the the Motions Denied thread...I just now read it! :blowkiss:

:angel:

would the same apply if it was ....lets say....someone related to Jose obtaining KC media rights ?

Just sayin...didn't we find a link and story about JB's daughter being head of his media team? hmmmmmmmm

Anyway...just wanted to give a huge :blowkiss: to you, Mr. Hornsby for all of your input here at WS.

Does anyone else besides me remember when Jose claimed misconduct by the police and demanded to have the jailhouse video where Casey breaks down with her parents released? Oops.....

Here's a question I'd like an opinion about, please. The court has for now barred any release or use of the recording of the conversation or interview or statement given by JJ to the defense. Assuming that the defense believes the statement was favorable to them and supports their argument that Casey couldn't have put the body there blah blah, won't they still want to call JJ as a witness? That isn't precluded by the sealing of the tape, is it, despite what is being reported?
There is no prohibition to anyone testifying to what was said on the recording - or repeating what they said. The only prohibition is to the recording itself; as it is technically contraband.

There is no prohibition to anyone testifying to what was said on the recording - or repeating what they said. The only prohibition is to the recording itself; as it is technically contraband.
So...if JJ claims that the defense was twisting the truth about what he said...then took that info to the OCSO...can his testimony be admitted without any "proof" to back it up? It'll be interesting to see which witness list his name will pop up on.

RH- you never responded...and it's ok if you prefer not to...but you've alluded to "ethical behavior" (on the part of a lawyer). So I have to ask...was there any talk around the courthouse after Judge S. filed a complaint against JB with the Bar? Is there anything you can share?

Regarding AL investigator Mort, is it appropriate for him to join KC at the table while counsel is at the bench? Additionally, as a defense attorney, what do you consider to be the appropriate "reach" of an investigator? From what I have seen, it appears that Mort is acting as a direct extension of the defense team. Perhaps I am too suspicious, but it just seems that he is far more "involved" than merely investigating info and parties. Does this strike you as unusual or unconventional?

PLease remember this thread is dedicated to rhornsby answering the questions. also if you would like to post as an expert you MUST be verified through Tricia.
This is to keep non-experts from posting as experts.

This thread should be:

questions for rhornsby
and
answers by rhornsby.

a few comments here and there in response to answers, but no discussion.

TY Mr. Hornsby for posting,
Do you think this will go to trial?

Mr Hornsby, Can the defense still ask for a consolidation of the check fraud charges? and/or a continuance?

So...if JJ claims that the defense was twisting the truth about what he said...then took that info to the OCSO...can his testimony be admitted without any "proof" to back it up? It'll be interesting to see which witness list his name will pop up on.

RH- you never responded...and it's ok if you prefer not to...but you've alluded to "ethical behavior" (on the part of a lawyer). So I have to ask...was there any talk around the courthouse after Judge S. filed a complaint against JB with the Bar? Is there anything you can share?
If you really must know, around the courthouse, nobody cares about the Casey Anthony case or any other case for that matter. They are too busy trying to resolve their own cases. And me personally, before I got involved in this case I rarely watched the news, much less keep up on courthouse gossip.

So to answer your question, I know very little about the complaint or the circumstances about it.

Regarding AL investigator Mort, is it appropriate for him to join KC at the table while counsel is at the bench? Additionally, as a defense attorney, what do you consider to be the appropriate "reach" of an investigator? From what I have seen, it appears that Mort is acting as a direct extension of the defense team. Perhaps I am too suspicious, but it just seems that he is far more "involved" than merely investigating info and parties. Does this strike you as unusual or unconventional?
Nothing wrong with his behavior. But to answer your real question, yes, you are too suspicious:angel:

Nothing wrong with his behavior. But to answer your real question, yes, you are too suspicious:angel:

I have been accused of that before....but I never apologize for it because it is my relentless pursuit of all angles that enables me to uncover half of the things that I never post on the internet. :) Thanks for the reply and analysis. :waitasec: HaHa

If you really must know, around the courthouse, nobody cares about the Casey Anthony case or any other case for that matter. They are too busy trying to resolve their own cases. And me personally, before I got involved in this case I rarely watched the news, much less keep up on courthouse gossip.

So to answer your question, I know very little about the complaint or the circumstances about it.

Might we request that you start listening to the gossip and then come back here and tell us what it is? As in give gifts and presents to the Judge's clerks and take them to lunch and the like?

Blaise

Just sayin...didn't we find a link and story about JB's daughter being head of his media team? hmmmmmmmm

Anyway...just wanted to give a huge :blowkiss: to you, Mr. Hornsby for all of your input here at WS.

yes....that is why i asked the question....:)

Mr. Hornsby,
Thank you for bringing wit and humor, as well as informed answers to us:)

Once KC is convicted of the check/fraud charges, and as a felon, will she still be able to sell photos or her story for money to fund her defense( or her parent's cruises)??
Thank you

RH - how many times can DC wiggle out of this deposition (in whatever legal permutation or label)? What consequences can the court impose for his continued stalling and lack of cooperation?

Thanks...I guess in NY lawyers are more "gossipy" 'cause news of complaints to the bar are fodder for discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blueeyes1981