Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, 1993-94 ** John Bittrolff ARRESTED **

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another interesting thing you find when you google the *** *** 8296 number is that it is connected to another construction business listed on (wait for it) Halsey Manor Rd.

ETA: Disregard this...I'm blind and didn't notice a comma between 2 different phone numbers. Sorry for the confusion.

Most married women I know go by their own name and never changed it to their husband's.

Yes, but her MIDDLE name is the same as his. That's why I assumed it was perhaps his sister. But I don't really know.

Understood, I follow you. There's lots of Tangredi's (and soooo many Italians on Long Island). So, yeah, that adds some weight to the topix reference....anything else connect this non-profit to Bittrolff? I mean, if it does, it opens up lots of new avenues. It's good you found anything else at all about the organization, because I remember someone yesterday saying they were hitting dead ends with it.

I personally don't think they have anything to do with it. Several years ago when we moved into our house, we got a new phone number. Unfortunately, the phone number previously belonged to people who were in a lot of financial trouble. We got phone calls day and night from bill collectors. It was so frustrating and annoying. I repeatedly told the collectors to look up our names, and they would see that we weren't the people. It didn't work, and we had to change our number. I suspect that the number connected to the Bittrollf's was either an old number for this ministry or a new one for this ministry that was previously the Bittrollf's.

There are multiple addresses listed when you google that non-profit. Strange.

FWIW, on Manta, it says Moriches (and you can go to the next page for the exact address, which is 3.7 miles from Bittrolff's house), established 2007, employees 2, annual revenues 100k.

Another interesting thing you find when you google the *** *** 8296 number is that it is connected to another construction business listed on (wait for it) Halsey Manor Rd.
No way!!!! [emoji54]

It is a business actually connected to that phone number? As far as I can tell, it's just another Manorville business listing and completely unconnected.

Yep...no way is exactly right. I missed a comma between 2 different phone numbers. Wrong number entirely. I need to stop staring at this screen for awhile.
lol I was like oh balls Mountain Kat just cracked the case....haha

Effin' A, Mountain Kat, that's JT and that's just the kind of thing we need! Great stuff. You should maybe tell the cops, they might need a heads up. Fantastic!

Dear Cops, I am blind from staring at my computer all day. But here's a random number I latched onto because I missed a comma separating 2 different phone numbers. Good luck! ;)

BTW, I spent a lot of time searching property tax records for McDonough, NY to see if there was any property listed in his or his wife's name and came up with nothing. ( A neighbor was quoted as saying in a news article that he spent time hunting in upstate NY and has a place there. McDonough was suggested by a poster here due to a post on social media which I saw as well.) Hope this makes sense!

Come to think of it, have we found a link to the woman's name who supposedly wrote that request for a house for the non-profit? What was it, Phyllis or Paula or something? What is Bittrolff's wife's name?

Her name is Patricia.

ETA: Sorry...I see that this was already answered.

How busy is Halsey Manor Road? Is this a main street, or a street that connects many parts of LI?

EDIT: Answered my own question:

http://archive.longislandpress.com/2011/03/24/long-islands-other-serial-killer/

But it sounds like what we thought could be a connection was actually not a connection.

Interesting parts of the article linked:

We’re a dumping ground,” says Danny. “Some nut coming in from the city, maybe a guy who grew up on Long Island, knows the area enough to say, ‘Hey, there’s a spot no one will look,’ and then comes in off the Expressway.”

and

“Manorville has gotten somewhat of a reputation,” says Danny. “The place you go to get rid of a body.”

It's spelled differently. The third letter is an "e" not an "a" in the familiar surname.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy