Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, 1993-94 ** John Bittrolff ARRESTED **

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone provide details on Rita Tangredi (including (but not limited to) when/where she was born), please and thank you :)

Shout out to Mountain Kat - you said it almost a year ago, post #3 in the linked-to thread. No way I'm going to believe that a coincidence like that (the friendship you mention, not your post about it) is not astronomically unlikely on an island with a population of 7.5 million people.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...elationships-of-Victims&p=9869657#post9869657

The fact her daughters friend was killed also, makes me think he may meet and target his victims through a mutual organization, such as a church,meet up groups, secret group sex parties, etc.

The fact her daughters friend was killed also, makes me think he may meet and target his victims through a mutual organization, such as a church,meet up groups, secret group sex parties, etc.
I keep thinking, some kind of "helping" organization. Neighbors all say how "helpful" he is... Colleen was leaving a drug rehab, right? We know Amber went to rehab and we know that the GB4 and AC4 were all involved in substance abuse of one kind or another and prostitution. Maybe he "offered to help" or was pretending to be getting help, himself. JT had substance issues, too.

Many of us have theorized all along that GB4 and AC4 were killed by an older, possibly "religious" male. Perhaps he is conflicted between wanting to "help" these women and "wanting" these woman...almost all of whom were mothers.

Nice post just k.
Remember the CCC?
I hope they are connected.

The moment I read his business name had been Coastal Construction....CCC was one of the first things that came to mind.

Do you think there is a connection?

Well...Princess was found in the summer of 1982. That would have made Bittrolff what? Something like 16 at the time of her murder? Roughly the same age as Princess. Someone reported that they recognized Princess, and that she was from LI. There's also the husband and wife who claim they were responsible for her murder. Until we get this girl identified, I don't think we can say with any certainty that anything we hear about her is true...so I try to keep an open mind.

I do like Rachel Garden as a possible match for Princess. But maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part. Rachel disappeared from Newton, NH...a VERY small town up the road from where I spent my summer's as a kid. She was my age, and went to school with my cousins. Her disappearance has always haunted me.

But anyway, the short answer to your question is, "Beats me".

If the "unique" item of clothing that is missing from Rita and Colleen is a shoe, then that certainly makes things more interesting in terms of the other people who have been found. It also makes me think of the AC victims, who had their shoes removed.

Well, we should probably keep an open mind about that as well. Shoes (depending on the type) might easily come off in a struggle, or in the transporting of a body. In the case of the AC4, it stands out that all 4 victims were found close together and all were without shoes. Not likely that was accidental, imo. In the case of Colleen and Rita, we don't know for sure that the wardrobe item missing was shoes (that's speculation on my part). If they were missing their shoes, that would stand out to me because their remains were found in the winter. They certainly weren't wearing flip-flops or sandals, and it's doubtful these girls were hitchhiking in high heels. So that leaves what? Boots, tennis shoes, some kind of lace-up shoes? Not the kind of shoe that would be likely to come off in a struggle, or the transport of the body.

But again, let's not assume it's a fact that shoes were missing from the bodies. It isn't a fact at all, merely speculation on my part.

Maybe he (LISK +/or Bittrolff +/or Manorville) chooses small victims because he likes small feet. And someone "only" interested in feet might feel safer to a woman working alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess would be Jewelry or Shoes.

Ann Weems

I'd Write For You a Rainbow

If I could, I'd write for you a rainbow

And splash it with all the colors of God
And hang it in the window of your being
So that each new God's morning
Your eyes would open first
to Hope and Promise.
If I could, I'd wipe away your tears
And hold you close forever in shalom.
But God never promised
I could write a rainbow
Never promised I could suffer for you,
Only promised I could love you.
That I do.

That is the poem which the "Colleen" fb profile posted to the In Memory of Anne Marie Fahey. It's the reason I said the killer would be involved in ministry. Vision Open Arms Ministries is the key here. A home for pregnant wayward women? Suddenly...the Dr. Hackett call makes sense. Here's the strange thing...this post was made on the Anne Marie Fahey memorial fb page...now that I check her entire fb memorial has been taken down. Strange for such a high profile case as hers! The comments where made under a photo of the "And never let her go" movie about the Fahey case. I'm posting this to A. show the religious connection B. to ask anyone who knows how to locate a capture of the comments

Vision Ministries Open Arms

"Some time ago the Lord put this very special need on my heart, to start a home for unwed mothers. When these women are put out on the street, because their parents don't want them living in their homes anymore, where do they go? What happens to them and their babies? How do they survive? Some turn to prostitution. Some have abortions and sometimes even leave their child in the street. "

http://www.rjdwebdesign.com/visionministries/our-director.html

Omg Lindsay. I didn't connect CPH's "home for wayward girls" to Vision Ministries until now. Holy cow.

It's amusing (as much as anything in this case can be amusing) that Vision Ministries also claims to teach abstinence as "the best choice for women." Men, apparently, can get more options than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry to just chime in here out of the left field... but has anyone eles noticed the last name Hackett on some of the Bittrollf's FB friends list? I'm sure it's just another coincidence that seems to plague this case or cases. I certainly can't find a connection between these Hacketts and CPH... and I'm sure most of you have already chased this idea and since i don't see it brought up, I am thinking even more that it is a non conectted coincidence... but i thought i'd bring it up any way. And I also thought of CCC when I saw Coastal Construction... Construction, homes for troubled girls... it's so difficult to know what is really connected... this arrest may lead to some big conclusions or just a bunch of coincidences... I'm hoping for the first, but from experiance looking into so many so called truths and leads... coincidence seems to be the real connection. Still, what ever answers do come out of this will be good.

All opinions, even the correct ones...

sorry to just chime in here out of the left field... but has anyone eles noticed the last name Hackett on some of the Bittrollf's FB friends list? I'm sure it's just another coincidence that seems to plague this case or cases. I certainly can't find a connection between these Hacketts and CPH... and I'm sure most of you have already chased this idea and since i don't see it brought up, I am thinking even more that it is a non conectted coincidence... but i thought i'd bring it up any way. And I also thought of CCC when I saw Coastal Construction... Construction, homes for troubled girls... it's so difficult to know what is really connected... this arrest may lead to some big conclusions or just a bunch of coincidences... I'm hoping for the first, but from experiance looking into so many so called truths and leads... coincidence seems to be the real connection. Still, what ever answers do come out of this will be good.

All opinions, even the correct ones...

I found those Hackett FB friends too, I researched it a bit to see if I could find any connection to CPH, but couldn't find any, however I dont have access to Ancestry.com at the moment so I cant say there is no connection for sure.

I was thinking that maybe Visions Ministries has some type of outreach programs for prostitutes or drug addicts and that is why these women travel so far to come there.

Also, I found this on the Suffolk County police blog. They are looking at Bittrolff as a possible suspect for another murdered woman 20 years ago.

Sandra Costilla, 28, of Queens was found dead in the woods off Old Fish Cove Road in November 1993, and investigators believe her death could be linked to John Bittrolff, who was arrested on Monday and charged with the death of two other women, Suffolk County District Attorney spokesman Robert Clifford said.

This article includes a mugshot of Bittrolff when he was arrested in 1990

http://www.27east.com/news/article....Be-Linked-To-Manorville-Man-Investigators-Say

there is no indication that there is--or ever was--an actual house. Everything I've seen is a plea for money. I haven't seen anything at all on an actual house, actual people being helped, community programs or outreach--nothing.

Interesting hunter your right. Even more shady in my opinion. My friend had a theory that the killer was helping the girls invest their money. Sounds crazy to me but who knows these days with people chopping others up for 200 dollars.

Per TOS:

You can refer to a victim's or suspect's social media posts. Their friends and family are off limits, so tread carefully.

Thanks.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post about someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay