Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, 1993-94 ** John Bittrolff ARRESTED **

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The calls were made in July and ended in August...just after they were publicized in a Buffalo news report.
summer isn't Hockey season is it? Also. it has been reported by a WS few members that JMB has a place in upstate NY...So, maybe he read those papers.

BBM...

No. Hockey season is usually done in April/May. The Stanley Cup playoffs follow shortly thereafter. The whole thing is typically done by May or the first part of June at the very latest.

Ok I'm just imagining those calls made in a crowded stadium...but from sleuthing JB i can say for sure he's no stranger to Madison Square Garden itself rather than 34th st Penn or 42 st PA. The main reason I always said JT and Gilgo 4 were the same was because I thought JT went missing from 42nd. But in light of Fieldnotes recent revelation that JT may have been heading to Queens Plaza....

there are still plenty of connections like bodies split between Manorville and Amanda Beinlich so I'm not saying there not the same

The last call, from Times Sq, was August 26 about 1:00 AM. This is what I found for MSG:
On August 24–26, 2009, Britney Spears performed at the MSG after 8 years, with three consecutive sold-out shows during her successful The Circus Starring: Britney Spears

Good Lucks K. Bittrolff is most def a Britney Spears fan lol

edit: mean to say good looks and I was just K but I totally see him taking his wife! I wonder if we have any other dates of the phones calls? We can match up with events going on both dates....Their was a number of things going on I'm sure like MLB Baseball Box Score: Final statistics from the Texas vs. New York game played on August 26, 2009. SO i think your def on the right track Just K and remember he need not be going TO Penn but could be going anywhere THRU penn

I couldn't find the one for Colleen. I was only able to find two cases that were dated November 2, 1993, which would indicate charges in Rita's murder. I'll check the system later on to see if there is court info for Colleen's murder.

You may be right. I saw two different case numbers but with the same incident dates as you stated. Then there is this:

pL 125.25 01
**TOP CHARGE**
A Felony, 1 count, Arrest charge, Arraignment charge
Description
Murder: Intention
Indictment Count

PL 125.25 01
Description
Indictment Count

You may be right. I saw two different case numbers but with the same incident dates as you stated. Then there is this:

pL 125.25 01
**TOP CHARGE**
Description
Indictment Count

PL 125.25 01
Description
Indictment Count

I kind of wonder if all the data hasn't been uploaded to the system yet, or if perhaps there's an error of some sort. I'll check it again tomorrow, and maybe something will be there for Colleen's murder.

I can't find any upstate NY property connection, has anyone else? Looks like his mother is in Fort Myers, Fl

Also can't find when he and his wife married...does anyone have that info?

I can't find any upstate NY property connection, has anyone else? Looks like his mother is in Fort Myers, Fl

I've tried doing White Pages searches among other searches and the only addresses that come up for anybody named JB are all on Long Island. I wonder if this upstate place is owned by a brother, or perhaps someone on his wife's side of the family? I'll keep searching.

I agree with you on all points, NJGuy. And I'll add this...I'm fairly certain Bittrolff didn't find McNamee and Tangredi on craigslist. I think, if they were both prostitutes they were of the streetwalker variety. Fits with our 4 AC victims. I also see similarities between Bittrolff and the composite sketch provided in the AC murder case (take a second look at that sketch with fresh eyes). What really made me wonder about there being a connection to AC was something another WSer asked earlier this morning. She wondered how LE could state that specific clothing items were missing in the McNamee and Tangredi cases when all the reports clearly state that both bodies were found nude. Now, the obvious answer to that, at least in my mind, is that while the bodies were nude, the clothing was left nearby. But then I got to thinking...what specific item of clothing would stand out as missing? Something they almost certainly had worn that could not be found. Shoes.

Anyway...there are more similarities I could point out, but that's enough for now, I think.

---hmmm..what would stand out as missing in the winter? shoes, yes, but that isn't "unique"--been done before....scarf?....maybe, as in since he may have strangled them with it.......coat?......did the sicko give the coats to his wife or a girlfriend, which would be a souvenir and a form of revisiting on a constant basis....?

Peter referred to them as being staged meaning being placed in spots to be found. Posed sounds more like moved around like a mannequin.

yes, posing involves a message being sent, that it was done with a specific intent to relay some very significant meaning(at least to the sk)

Another Newsday article published July 22, 2014 specifically states that Rita and Colleen were not mutilated, but Sandra was:

But investigators are trying to determine if the carpenter also killed Sandra Costilla, 28, found strangled in November 1993 in a wooded area of North Sea. Spota said her manner of death and the positioning of her body point to a connection with the two other women. But unlike theirs, Costilla's body was mutilated after her death, officials said.

Article: "Cold case alert: DNA links LI man to murders of 2 women, DA says; no bail for carpenter accused in 20-year old cases" by Nicole Fuller

mutilation is def a form of escalation....

---hmmm..what would stand out as missing in the winter? shoes, yes, but that isn't "unique"--been done before....scarf?....maybe, as in since he may have strangled them with it.......coat?......did the sicko give the coats to his wife or a girlfriend, which would be a souvenir and a form of revisiting on a constant basis....?

Wondering a bit about this too. hats/scarves/mittens aren't things everyone always wears in the winter. I was wondering if maybe just one sock was missing. Purely speculation on my part of course, but it almost seems as though it would need to be just one item missing from a pair of items in order for LE to know for certain the victim was wearing the missing item in the first place.

yes, posing involves a message being sent, that it was done with a specific intent to relay some very significant meaning(at least to the sk)

what about posing for sexual reasons? Like a victim left in some type of sexual bondage pose for the purpose of sexual gratification for the killer? Don't mean to be vulgar but does anyone else think Bittrolff may be a necrophile? I often wondered if the g4 were "wrapped in burlap" so the SK could go back, unroll the burlap and revist the body. Disgusting, yes but how else could the killer literally "watch her body rot" if it was wrapped in burlap? that may have meant he was watching the area that here body was in....or it could mean he went back to revisit the body. It might explain why they were dumped right along the road side. What do you guys think? That i'm crazy? The phone calls show clear signs of a sexual sadist...so I dont think a sadist would be very inclined toward necrophilia since he's not inflicting pain on victim.

what about posing for sexual reasons? Like a victim left in some type of sexual bondage pose for the purpose of sexual gratification for the killer? Don't mean to be vulgar but does anyone else think Bittrolff may be a necrophile? I often wondered if the g4 were "wrapped in burlap" so the SK could go back, unroll the burlap and revist the body. Disgusting, yes but how else could the killer literally "watch her body rot" if it was wrapped in burlap? that may have meant he was watching the area that here body was in....or it could mean he went back to revisit the body. It might explain why they were dumped right along the road side. What do you guys think? That i'm crazy? The phone calls show clear signs of a sexual sadist...so I dont think a sadist would be very inclined toward necrophilia since he's not inflicting pain on victim.

That would be really, really risky in terms of elevating your chances of getting your DNA all over the crime scene.

Based on what we know in this case, there's absolutely nothing that points to necrophilia.

And how do you know that in the GB4 case, the killer wanted to "watch her body rot"? Where did that info come from?

"significant piece of wardrobe" was missing from the crime scenes

Panty or bra?

"both bodies were positioned similarly"

From a google search:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Bit...la:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb
News for Bittrolff upstate property
Bittrolff upstate property

To his neighbors, suspect was a 'good guy' who liked to hunt ...
Newsday ‎- 5 days ago
Neighbors know John Bittrolff as a friendly, regular guy, a devoted father ... He added that Bittrolff did some work on his house, including installing bay windows. Bittrolff liked to go deer hunting upstate, where he has a second ...

and this:
Neighbors Shocked At Arrest Of L.I. Man In 2 Cold-Case ...
newyork.cbslocal.com/.../neighbors-shocked-at-arrest-of-l-i-...
WCBS‑TV
4 days ago - Bittrolff operates two contracting companies-out of his home, and is an avid hunter with a house upstate and an animal lover. He regularly ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay