Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, 1993-94 ** John Bittrolff ARRESTED **

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, Just happened to stumble on this site when I was reading up on the Sarah Goode murder. Wish I found this site sooner, I am impressed with some of the posters. I'm not as funny as Leslie Nelson, but I have him beat on criminal justice and legal of experience in the field. Graduated from John Jay, considered working for NYPD but found my work in law firms more enjoyable. Spent 5 yrs working defense side state and federal criminal cases, white collar investigations, The past 3 years I have been working a corporate law firm focusing on civil litigation. It pays better, and while the cases I am involved with are interesting, it in no way compares to the excitement of working criminal cases. I am originally from Long Island and have a Newsday account and was also interested in what Peter14(Hawk) wrote and jumped at the chance to ask him. I look forward to contributing to this community.

Come closer and let me get a good look at you. :websleuther:

;)

I feel curious to know if Bitrolff (hope I got the name right this time) had any interest in websleuths forum. Maybe the LE has checked his computer and leaks the information. I say "maybe" because it wouldn't surprise me if SCPD did nothing at all in that sense.

Just curious...... When the torso (Which we now know to be chinelle's) was found at Bay Shore there was somewhat of a frenzy on the forum with members speculating about a possible connection to LISK - obviously this was reasonable considering the dismemberment and the locality of the remains. I question, were the family members of the LISK victims contacted and reassured there was no connection - as a means to reassure them and not get their hopes up.. I find it odd...No LE contact with families about this - but the minute an arrest of Bittrolff is about to be announced the families are contacted.....Any opinions on why one case would have LE rushing to reassure families of 'no" connection over the other.....I hope I am making some sense...

Saw a comment on a news day article mentioning Yvonne Ramirez from babylon. She was found nude in a field and murder still unresolved…1992
I quick searched here and google and didn't see any thing. The name could be misspelled or I missed it.

You probably already have this info, but she lived off Vermont Ave. in Bayshore.

There was a strip club in Lindenhurst back in the 90's on Sunrise Hwy called the Stone Hedge Pub. Just looked at a old article and it says West Babylon .

Just curious...... When the torso (Which we now know to be chinelle's) was found at Bay Shore there was somewhat of a frenzy on the forum with members speculating about a possible connection to LISK - obviously this was reasonable considering the dismemberment and the locality of the remains. I question, were the family members of the LISK victims contacted and reassured there was no connection - as a means to reassure them and not get their hopes up.. I find it odd...No LE contact with families about this - but the minute an arrest of Bittrolff is about to be announced the families are contacted.....Any opinions on why one case would have LE rushing to reassure families of 'no" connection over the other.....I hope I am making some sense...

Yes, especially since it was reported that LE initially/immediately went to Gilgo to search for the body parts. I've been wondering if this killer was part of one of those larger real estate scams where groups target the elderly to steal their properties right out from under them. There are theories that many prostitutes are used by groups as straw buyers, etc. In this case, it appears an innocent citizen got too close to at least this group of criminals.

It is so sad how five years ago Google and other search engines showed more old news stories. Now they aren't even buried deep below the paid sites.

There was a strip club in Lindenhurst back in the 90's on Sunrise Hwy called the Stone Hedge Pub. Just looked at a old article and it says West Babylon .

Sunrise Highway service road West Babylon. Closed down maybe a year ago or so. From what I was told by businesses in the area some shady stuff was happening there.

Lindenhurst had the Gaslight, that was also on Sunrise Highway.

Points from the Newsday article:

- Bittrolff pleaded not guilty.

- Biancavilla said several things tied JB to the crimes, including DNA, the remarkable similarity of the crime scenes (bodies found in the woods, naked, and posed identically,) deaths from similar injuries (including having their brains *literally* beaten out), and wood chips found at both crime scenes

- Biancavilla also said the wood chips are significant because JB has been a carpenter his whole life

- JB's attorney says they will go to trial

- Colleen McNamee is again said to have been mutilated (by article author)

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...90s-slayings-ordered-held-with-bail-1.8933623

+1 towards Bittrolff as Manorville Butcher if Jessica Taylor, Rita and Colleen where all dumped with "discarded wood and sticks" very similar MO!

Would Bittrolff not know about DNA back then? That seems really dumb. Didn't people know about DNA in 1993? They discovered it on Long Island supposedly would the average person have not heard of DNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper