Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, 1993-94 ** John Bittrolff ARRESTED **

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if this guy murdered just those two women (seems unlikely) and then went on to raise a family, it's going to be very interesting to see why LE collected up some of his DNA just this year to connect it to those old murders. Even though SCPD has seemed to be bungling things, they'll be almost entirely redeemed by this arrest (and there is at least one highly-decorated cold case detective on the island, I wonder if he was involved here).

From what REDBIRD posted : 1994 RITA TANGREDI-BEINLICH, 31, of East Patchogue died from strangulation in Blue Point, body discovered in different locations. No other information.

So can we assume that Rita was dismembered? I can't seem to find any information about her body recovery.

No evidence to connect - doesn't equate to not involved - Not saying he is connected.... but LISK has had decades to hone his sick craft.

No question about it; what gets me is how quickly LE always wants to say "no connection, not related, etc" - whether it's SG to GB4, Natasha Jugo to GB4, whatever.

I have been trying to find older building permits for Oak Beach/Town of Babylon online with no luck. Has anyone else got that info?

Yep, so Coastal Construction Inc is his company, and he uses his home address as his biz address.

How did you find that? I mean, I know from the PDF, but I can't find any current info on Coastal construction, Inc. , let alone any listing with JB's address.....I was beginning to think the company was defunct.

If am understanding this correctly, LE collected DNA evidence from McNamee and Tangredi when the bodies were recovered in the 90's. So how, all this time later, did they tie that DNA to Bittrolff? Were they currently investigating him for something else? And why on earth would they alert Lorraine Ela to the impending arrest if there was no connection to her daughter's murder?

I'm sitting here scratching my head.

My theory as to how they narrowed in on him: Either they observed him visiting crime scenes, or he was in contact (taunting) with LE.

Really interested in finding out!! Anyone else get like ZERO sleep last night? Time for me to take a step back, I think. LOL

So how, all this time later, did they tie that DNA to Bittrolff?

Yep, the 64k question; I'm ready now, despite putting them down for awhile, to be absolutely in awe of some old-fashioned police investigative work that paid off. As long as they had the DNA collected from the victims, they knew that the trail could never truly go cold. I can't wait to see this unfold!

Does anyone know what Bittrolff did for a living? Or where he went to school?

I posted what I found on JB concerning how he possibly made money, however that post has been deleeted by mods, don't know why but I have now PM and asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meadams14