RK is considering legal action against LP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO R. Kronk is right and LP is wayyyyy wrong. LP should cease, desist and promptly (if privately and quietly) apologize to Mr. Kronk and move on.

Always liked LP, but I have to say I agree. He needs to back up the horsey and chill a bit.

I know it's easy to think the worst of all lawyers after some of the goings-on in this case, but I think RK's is being pretty reasonable. He talked to LP, who is the main proponent of the theories about RK's involvement, and asked him to stop. He's doing it again, as it sounds like LP is investigating his client to - what? Prove he's imperfect so it will be more believable that he did something wrong in the matter of finding Caylee's remains? RK's attorney may well be communicating with others, too, along the same lines.

I'm not an LP hater - I just don't always agree with him, or think that every one of his choices helps bring justice to Caylee. All the Kronk stuff is just fuel for the desperate defense. It gets frustrating. I don't think RK is anxious to sue. I think he just wants it to stop. I wish LP would spend his time on other stuff right now. Finding Haleigh. Chasing down info on the PI's in this case. Something else productive.
Sorry, he lost my respect when he stated he thought his client should be compensated very well (or words to that effect) early on. Thought that was a bit tacky under the circumstances. MOO

He made regular buzzword out of that term.

I looked up "daisy chain" in Wikipedia just for the heck of it. There are a few different meanings. One of them is...er um, yes, well... :silenced:

Yep - having been a young adult in the 60s and 70s, I do find that term distracting.................:rolleyes:

That reward money was ONLY to be awarded IF whoever found the remains led LP to them. He needed that spotlight. It was NEVER for the person who found them UNLESS LP was the one to lead LE in the right direction.

He rescinded the offer before EquuSearch first arrived on the scene. He went on TV and said Caylee's remains were in the dump and no one would be able to find them, so he pulled his reward money. At a later time however, he would go on TV and say that Tim Miller's EquuSearch would find them. Yet, never reinstated the reward money even though he was admitting the remains likely were not at the dump.

He did go on TV after RK led investigators to those remains, saying he wanted to get RK some reward money (I don't think it was the entire $50 K). As it turns out though, we know RK never got a cent in money from LP. I believe he did get the $5 grand that Mark Nejame offered up.

LP would also go on to put up a reward for $25 grand in the return of Haleigh Cummings, too (little girl missing in Satsuma, Florida). EquuSearch was involved in the actual ground search (something supposedly that LP never participated in even though he was on site). The reward was conditional; expiring almost immediately after it was announced. It was a way to keep old Lenny in the spotlight. EquuSearch was there getting face time after all.

Hmmm...so do you think he could be the one who told the Anthony's PI BC? (not sure if the name is right) to not call 911 and to call him instead?

IF LP keeps it up, he is going to make others 2nd guess reporting tips to LE, out of fear that some outside source like LP is going to dig into their lives and take it to the media, if their tip is the one to break open a case. LE has got to step up to the plate on this and shut LP down and make him understand who is running this show: the state of Florida, not Leonard Padilla.

Hmmm...so do you think he could be the one who told the Anthony's PI BC? (not sure if the name is right) to not call 911 and to call him instead?

I think you're referring to DC. BC is the A's attorney.

I speculated about this exact same thing on the DC thread a few days ago. LP's claim that JH brought the tapes to him to sell strikes me as very hinky. JH was working for the A's. LP is definitely anti-A's. Why is JH consorting with the enemy? And why did LP take the story to the media? Perhaps to get his side in first?

My opinions on the latest LP "News"......

I think LP simply wants to keep himself in the spotlight & doesn't care who gets hurt in the process.

Since he arrived on the scene he has been the source of numerous unfounded rumors & has relentlessly & vindictively attacked the Anthony family.

LP is a civilian. He has no authority to investigate Mr. Kronk & if he does I think he will find himself facing obstruction charges.

Also, I don't understand why so many people want to believe that LP has been "working closely with LE".

Think about it.

Why would LE work with a civilian who bailed out a suspect that they wanted to keep in jail?

Why would LE work with a civilian who tells the media that there's a "Daisy Chain" even after they publicly confirmed that Kronk is credible?

Why would LE risk jeopardizing their case against Casey by involving LP?

I don't think they would.

What I do think is that LP is an Aspiring Politician/Businessman and he has received MILLIONS of Dollars of Free Publicity & I'll bet the "Offers" are rolling in.

If you ask me..............That's not bad for a 50k investment!

All I can say is I don't blame RK at all. :clap: The thanks he gets for finding Caylee's remains is nightly inferences he's part of some "daisy chain" conspiracy. At least he went into those woods and found her! MOO

All I can say is GOOD.

Not an LP fan and don't want to get banned.

I think you're referring to DC. BC is the A's attorney.

I speculated about this exact same thing on the DC thread a few days ago. LP's claim that JH brought the tapes to him to sell strikes me as very hinky. JH was working for the A's. LP is definitely anti-A's. Why is JH consorting with the enemy? And why did LP take the story to the media? Perhaps to get his side in first?

May I please be added to this speculating list lol? I haven't read much of the other thread, but the very same thing has crossed my mind too.

I also wonder if LP was selling videos for others, to the media, taking a percentage for himself. IMO he was there to make money not give it away.

I say good for RK for moving forward with this. I suspect he won't be the last person to threaten a lawsuit against LP. My opinion of LP has changed dramatically over the last few months.

I also don't believe that LP has been throwing out his "theories". He states it as fact. You can bet my house if LP was on TV throwing out these types of accusations against me I would sue his you know what off. I thought that months ago.

And while it's true the media has been giving him air time, he is the one who chose to use that air time to throw out his accusations. It was his choice to say what he said, not the media. And that was a very poor choice he made. I think his words may come back to bite him.

I believe LP should end all of statements with this disclaimer: MAO. My Accusations Only.

Good Luck to RK in stopping the slander.

Of course, one hasta recognize the business aspect of having characters on the stage...it puts peeps in the seats and pays the bills.

...that being said...in a completely neutral to Kronk & Padilla-way...this little scene reminds me soooooo much of that Bugs Bunny line....

"eehhhhhhh....sshhhhhuudupp. Shhhuuuhdup, shuttin' up!" :)

...that would the be Cliff notes version of the attorney-speak, IMHO.

hahaha!

I think it is utterly ridiculous for RK to consider doing this. It ALMOST goes to show he IS in it for the money and it makes me very suspicious of him and his motives. I mean, who cares what LP says or thinks? What does it matter? His suppositions and theories are his right, just as all of ours are-even though we are not on national television broadcasting ours. This country has gotten plain stupid about bringing lawsuits. Everyone brings suits for everything...and why? MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY and oh yeah, did I mention MONEY?

I think it is utterly ridiculous for RK to consider doing this. It ALMOST goes to show he IS in it for the money and it makes me very suspicious of him and his motives. I mean, who cares what LP says or thinks? What does it matter? His suppositions and theories are his right, just as all of ours are-even though we are not on national television broadcasting ours. This country has gotten plain stupid about bringing lawsuits. Everyone brings suits for everything...and why? MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY and oh yeah, did I mention MONEY?

I don't see it that way. If Kronk was only after money he could have filed a suit instead of having his attorney issue repeated warnings to LP. Quite a few people care what LP says, being that he presents his theories as facts that come directly from inside sources.

Couldn't the same be said of ZG's suit against Casey - who cares what Caseys says or thinks? MONEY MONEY MONEY?

I don't see it that way. If Kronk was only after money he could have filed a suit instead of having his attorney issue repeated warnings to LP. Quite a few people care what LP says, being that he presents his theories as facts that come directly from inside sources.

Couldn't the same be said of ZG's suit against Casey - who cares what Caseys says or thinks? MONEY MONEY MONEY?

The difference in that case, I think, is a missing child. Kronk is not missing a child and was not named as the "nanny" to any missing child. That in and of itself changes the rules in the ZFG case...although, in the end, that suit will be reduced to money as well...they ALL are.:)

Just as an aside, is LP doing any bounty work these days? Reading these posts made me wonder what he's doing to support his family (although maybe his wife works, don't know).

Just as an aside, is LP doing any bounty work these days? Reading these posts made me wonder what he's doing to support his family (although maybe his wife works, don't know).

I guarantee you he is getting paid for his "opinions" on the tube. Everyone gets paid right? The Anthony's, Kronk, and even Mr. Padilla...

It IS all about the money in the end.

I agree and he has made himself a "public figure" by having a press conference so it would be very hard to prove. Ask Howard K Stern.

I agree and he has made himself a "public figure" by having a press conference so it would be very hard to prove. Ask Howard K Stern.

Exactly...He stepped into the limelight by doing the press conference. He did not have to do that, and frankly, I question his MOTIVE in doing that since he said it was SO important for him to remain anonomous and he did not want his co-workers harassed, etc...and so to accomplish THAT he does a widely televised HUGE press conference and then interviews as well? Not much on the anonymity tactics is he?:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera