Robin Williams found dead inside his home

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If anyone lives in the Houston area I high urge you to check it out. There are some lower functioning but I understand and love them. They are the ones I get the most fulfillment when I interact with them. One has such a cute smile with dimples. He was ok til he was 18.

Another thing. People who are mentally ill are usually very intelligent.

BBM

Oh you've got that right! Maybe too intelligent for their own good!

Looks like his ex-wife Marsha got the San Francisco home in the Sea Cliff area, they bought it in 1991. News reported that there was activity there yesterday, people coming and going. Fans were leaving bouquets of flowers at that house, as well as the home used for Mrs. Doubtfire, and of course, the Tiburon home. Also the home in Colorado used as the back shot for Mork and Mindy.

Yes, it was a BIG trigger especially last night since had just overdosed about a month ago. Luckily in Houston we have what is called a psychosocial clubhouse, The Gathering Place, that is run by the Menninger Clinic. Since I am on disability I go every day. 3 mothers started it about 20 yrs. ago so their adult children had a safe & understanding environment to go every day. They offer all kinds of classes. You have to have a referral & diagnosis from a psychiatrist to become a member. Wish I had known about it along time ago. I have been going 2 yrs. now.

I LOVE it because you can be yourself there without any so-called "judgement".

I am in Houston. If you ever need a non-judgemental, listening ear, without judgement; let me know. I've been there. It is a dark, scary place.

I have no words today. I'm so numb. Robin, who appeared to have everything fell to depression. He was not only a talent but a wonderful human. I too remember him helping his friend Christopher Reed.

It is time with issues like depression we try to reach out to others. Let us hug someone today, hold them, call them. Maybe we do not know what is going on in others lives. I heard someone on the news mention this last night. It's time to come back to being one with another. Let someone know you care, maybe they did tell you they need someone. I'm very close to someone who has suffered from depression for a couple years and it scares me each day. I, at most times do not have the answers..

rest in peace Robin
thank you
Love to your family/friends
Goz

Is anybody else bothered that his wife left the house without saying goodbye or checking on him? Once someone is diagnosed as depressive, they become vulnerable. He had a lot of money. He's been dealing with addictions and depressions for years...why check-out now? Unless we find out he was recently diagnosed as terminally ill, I have some suspicions. JMO

Especially since she only married him 3 years ago. Anything else I say about the widow would get me a TO.

Since his big relapse was in 2006 and likely precipitated his 2008 divorce, she knew full well the demons Robin was dealing with and the amount of commitment and work loving such a person required. That is all I am going to say.

Billy Crystal's on Letterman tonight. Bet there will be tons of steps down memory lane, eh?

Oh my goodness, Snoopy, thank you so much for posting this! It was lovely, even if it made me blow a gasket. I loved Robin Williams and especially adored his visits with Dave Letterman.

I hate it that this beautiful person suffered so badly inside. Rest in peace, sweet man, and bless his loved ones.

Tonight's Letterman is a repeat from July. I'm positive that when he comes back from vacation he'll have a tribute to Robin scheduled.

Yannow? It's absolutely amazing that someone who was battling deep depression managed to perform at this level. Gosh, most people I encounter who have serious depression fight it just to get out of bed. I know he took a financial beating in his divorce and was "down sizing" his life. If he had to keep working at this pace to keep up financially all the while battling his illness, well, I can certainly understand why he would be exhausted from living and feel the need to just give up. Poor dude. Bless his heart.

Manic depression is a biotch to deal with. Many great artists were manic depressives. I've found a med that pretty much evens me out. I know where he was. The cancellation of his TV show was probably the biggest catalyst in his depression. JMO

In 1977 or 1978, I saw Robin Williams perform at The Comedy Store. This was before Mork & Mindy. He was unknown. Jay Leno and David Letterman were also on the lineup. They were already pretty famous. Well, Robin Williams came out last, and just blew everyone away with his rapid-fire, intense comedy. He stole the show. I thought, damn, this guy is going places! As the years went by, Robin became a better actor than comedian IMO. I felt his comedy schtick went a bit stale. That happens a lot with comedians because you get used to their style. But he could still crack you up with just one facial expression!

David Letterman has said that one of the hardest things to do in life is to sustain a career in stand up comedy. There aren't too many people that sustain a high level for a long time.

Robin was also good friends with John Belushi and was with him just a few hours before John's death. He saw first hand where a life of drugs and alcohol could take a person. Perhaps that's one reason he kept going into rehab. But personal demons are hard to kill.

I attended jr high and high school with John Belushi. Even stood him up once, lol, and he noted that in one of our yearbooks. I still have playbills from our drama club plays together. This was way before John became involved in drugs. He was quiet and shy in school (tho a football player too), very similar to what I've read of Robin Williams during his early years. Why, oh why, does such great talent so often meet such tragic ends! :(. Once again I find myself heartbroken.

Rest in peace, dear Robin. You will be greatly missed.

I'd forgotten that Robin had been with John just before John died! That's fascinating to know, What'sThatClue.

Is anybody else bothered that his wife left the house without saying goodbye or checking on him? Once someone is diagnosed as depressive, they become vulnerable. He had a lot of money. He's been dealing with addictions and depressions for years...why check-out now? Unless we find out he was recently diagnosed as terminally ill, I have some suspicions. JMO

i found it interesting. But then perhaps this was just their way of life. My husband won't wake me when he leaves for work but my neighbor's husband wakes her.

I wish I could remember who said this, but I saw someone who traveled with him sometimes when he was doing comedy for the troops overseas. They were also a talent. (I found out that Robin Williams has done more shows for the troops, except for Bob Hope.) This person said that he was always "on" and that if he was quiet they'd look around and ask if he was ok, and he'd just be reading a book.

I'd imagine that personality was hard to keep up 24/7.

Especially since she only married him 3 years ago. Anything else I say about the widow would get me a TO.

Since his big relapse was in 2006 and likely precipitated his 2008 divorce, she knew full well the demons Robin was dealing with and the amount of commitment and work loving such a person required. That is all I am going to say.

Separate bedrooms. No kiss goodbye.

I think we should stop looking at the wife as a culprit. The police have said nothing about her and right now I think she's just a victim of this too. JMO

If my friends or familia were suffering from severe depressive disorder I would not go for very long without checking on them. Every Day. Certainly not 12+ hours.

Yes, it was a BIG trigger especially last night since had just overdosed about a month ago. Luckily in Houston we have what is called a psychosocial clubhouse, The Gathering Place, that is run by the Menninger Clinic. Since I am on disability I go every day. 3 mothers started it about 20 yrs. ago so their adult children had a safe & understanding environment to go every day. They offer all kinds of classes. You have to have a referral & diagnosis from a psychiatrist to become a member. Wish I had known about it along time ago. I have been going 2 yrs. now.

I LOVE it because you can be yourself there without any so-called "judgement".

What a wonderful resource to have. I wish all communities had something similar.

BBM;

Love that movie.

"What do I do, just stand here?"

"No! You do Fosse Fosse Fosse! You do Martha Graham, Martha Graham, Martha Graham! Or Twyla, Twyla!" "Michael Kidd, Michael Kidd! Michael Kidd, Michael Kidd! Or Madonna, Madonna!"

"But you keep it all inside." So funny.

My 20 y/o daughter can do that scene verbatim and does it whenever she wants to make me laugh.

SUCH A LOSS. :(

"No, you SCHMEAR! Men SCHMEAR!"

How can I say that I'm questioning his suicide without being seen as "blaming"? I'm not naming anybody...

Tonight's Letterman is a repeat from July. I'm positive that when he comes back from vacation he'll have a tribute to Robin scheduled.

Manic depression is a biotch to deal with. Many great artists were manic depressives. I've found a med that pretty much evens me out. I know where he was. The cancellation of his TV show was probably the biggest catalyst in his depression. JMO

David Letterman has said that one of the hardest things to do in life is to sustain a career in stand up comedy. There aren't too many people that sustain a high level for a long time.

BBM
DRAT. Thanks for letting me know. I imagine you're right about the tribute.

ETA: Well RW's death has certainly impacted the dialogue regarding depression. Even my local news is doing a special about it tonight.

If my friends or familia were suffering from severe depressive disorder I would not go for very long without checking on them. Every Day. Certainly not 12+ hours.

I'm not disagreeing with what you are saying, but ultimately, people are responsible for themselves and make their own decisions. You really can't stop someone who is determined to commit suicide. It can be a tremendous burden to try to save someone from themself, and one can burn out from it, within a short period of time. And, as I said, ultimately they are doing to do what they're going to do. Very sad :(

I think we should stop looking at the wife as a culprit. The police have said nothing about her and right now I think she's just a victim of this too. JMO

I do not see her as a culprit by any means, Steely. However I do not think she took on the role of partner and spouse to a loved one with bi-polar and or depression. I also find it hard to believe she was not aware of his struggles.

I am married to an addict who has been clean for 20 years. I am very sensitive of his needs and his demons that exacerbate his desire to self-medicate.

In 20 years, he has not relapsed, and that makes him a rarity, but I am ever vigilant because when you are committed to a person with emotional issues or addiction, you also commit to their disease. You go into it eyes wide open.

I can say, because of my experience, that not checking on a loved one who has been in a down cycle for months is indicative of "checking out".

It does not make her responsible for Robin's suicide. That is all on him. But it does give pause that if she were so disconnected from him, might that have not been BECAUSE of his depressive state, but rather the TRIGGER for his condition.

If his relatively new wife was already in a separate bedroom, not concerned with her husband's mental state, what does that say about her love for him? And if you are a person suffering from depression, might the indifference of the person whom you trust the most be a trigger for the most dangerous reactivity for a depressed person?

That is all I was intimating. Only I have probably said more in this post than in previous ones, and mods, I apologize if this is a no-no. I just want to emphasize the importance of being PRESENT for loved ones who are addicts, depressed, or living with other emotional pain.

When you commit to a person who is battling _________, remember that you, too are battling__________.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971
Back