Robin Williams found dead inside his home

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
twocuriouscats, my children and I love RW. I especially admire him for how he helped people in need. I have to admit...I'm now questioning too... (I blame the websleuther in me). I just read something from a police officer and I must admit I had to google what he was talking about. The theory he posted was that this may have been an "accident"... one he has seen before. <modsnip>

His pocket knife was beside him and he had slits on his wrist. Evidently cutting his wrists didn't work or was too painful so he resorted to hanging himself.

I heard today Robin had suffered from survivors guilt for years .He lost the 3 closes friends he had in show biz and could not understand why he outlived them. Jim Belushi who Robin snorted Coke with the night he died Andy Kauffman and Christopher a Reeves who he went to college with .
Depression is an ugly disease he also just had a movie bomb and the TV show Crazy ones cancelled . The disease kill Robin and I pray if any of us our fighting this get help plz . Or if you know anyone help them.
If it can kill a man that seemed to have everything just think what it can do to us ?

RIP Robin Nanu Nanu & Shazbot

Agreed. She is a victim here. I am sure she is going through her own personal he!! and second guessing her every action. Lots of "what ifs" go on in a situation like this, IME.

Wow. So Robin is not a victim?

Depression is so evil,and so strong and very misunderstood because nobody sees the sufferers as victims and rather, blame them.

It looks like people who struggle will have to continue to.

Eta: re-read.....OP said "a" victim, not "the" victim. I apologize.

Wow. So Robin is not a victim?

Depression is so evil,and so strong and very misunderstood because nobody sees the sufferers as victims and rather, blame them.

It looks like people who struggle will have to continue to.

Of course he is. But to be fair, I was responding to Steely's post. And I don't believe I was assigning blame, but stating, from my experience, that the surviving family members are also victims. As one who suffers from major depression, anxiety disorder and many other diseases that I don't care to share here, I understand all too well the complexities involved.

I heard today Robin had suffered from survivors guilt for years .He lost the 3 closes friends he had in show biz and could not understand why he outlived them. Jim Belushi who Robin snorted Coke with the night he died Andy Kauffman and Christopher a Reeves who he went to college with .
Depression is an ugly disease he also just had a movie bomb and the TV show Crazy ones cancelled . The disease kill Robin and I pray if any of us our fighting this get help plz . Or if you know anyone help them.
If it can kill a man that seemed to have everything just think what it can do to us ?

RIP Robin Nanu Nanu & Shazbot

It was John Belushi, not Jim (James). James was John's little brother and an actor in his own right and is still alive. Sorry to correct you.

yes, Robin had tragedies in his life and lost several dear to him.

I caught just the end of a tribute that someone was quoting on TV so I don't know who said it:

" ... he was a bleeder in a world of sharp edges"

I caught just the end of a tribute that someone was quoting on TV so I don't know who said it:

" ... he was a bleeder in a world of sharp edges"

What a poetic way to describe some of the loveliest people I have ever known.

His pocket knife was beside him and he had slits on his wrist. Evidently cutting his wrists didn't work or was too painful so he resorted to hanging himself.

The poster addressed the knife too. The pocketknife was closed. The PR said the scratches were superficial. They weren't life threatening wounds/slashes.

I apologize if what I posted upset you in any way. I'm not trying to upset anyone or make anyone believe something they don't want to believe. For me.. for now, this theory is one I can't rule out. Now, if the new rumblings of a note are really true... then the theory is blown.

I see no way they could find a replacement for him in the sequel to Mrs. Doubtfire. :(

It was reported that he was unhappy about doing the Mrs. Doubtfire sequel (doing it just for money) or doing any sequels for that matter.

From 1991 Rolling Stone article, about his 2nd ex-wife Marsha:
http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/features/robin-williams-fears-of-a-clown-20140811?page=4

As the limo passes through Central Park, Marsha is asked if it's true she saved her husband's life. She laughs, having heard this one before. "I'm not a believer that people save each other," she says, "any more than I'm a believer that one person can steal a person from someone else. He needed stability. I think most people need one person in their life that they know they can rely upon. I'm Robin's safety net. He knows I'm strong."

Williams, she says, also knows one other thing: "He knows I'm not interested in a relationship where he can do whatever he wants and I'm there for him. Everybody needs boundaries. They need to know what's allowed and what's not allowed."

My hubby never leaves the house without checking to see if I'm still breathing. I have health issues. He also comes into my room at night to check. We do not sleep in the same room. Never have. I have several sleep disorders. JMO

My hubby never leaves the house without checking to see if I'm still breathing. I have health issues. He also comes into my room at night to check. We do not sleep in the same room. Never have. I have several sleep disorders. JMO

BBM

He doesn't have a large insurance policy on you does he! :eek:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...d-financial-problems-report-article-1.1900580

Asked if Williams left a note, Boyd replied, &#8220;We&#8217;re not discussing the note, or a note, at this point as the investigation is ongoing. That information will be discussed at a future time.&#8221;

Could just be a slip of the tongue, but that slip sure sounds like there was a note (despite what so-called media like TMZ has reported). Maybe there's been more recent official confirmation/denial regarding a note, I dunno, but erotic asphyxiation would not involve a suicide note.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...d-financial-problems-report-article-1.1900580

Asked if Williams left a note, Boyd replied, &#8220;We&#8217;re not discussing the note, or a note, at this point as the investigation is ongoing. That information will be discussed at a future time.&#8221;

"the note, or a note"

Could just be a slip of the tongue, but that slip sure sounds like there was a note (despite what so-called media like TMZ has reported). Maybe there's been more recent official confirmation/denial regarding a note, I dunno, but erotic asphyxiation would not involve a suicide note.

I do not see her as a culprit by any means, Steely. However I do not think she took on the role of partner and spouse to a loved one with bi-polar and or depression. I also find it hard to believe she was not aware of his struggles.

I am married to an addict who has been clean for 20 years. I am very sensitive of his needs and his demons that exacerbate his desire to self-medicate.

In 20 years, he has not relapsed, and that makes him a rarity, but I am ever vigilant because when you are committed to a person with emotional issues or addiction, you also commit to their disease. You go into it eyes wide open.

I can say, because of my experience, that not checking on a loved one who has been in a down cycle for months is indicative of "checking out".

It does not make her responsible for Robin's suicide. That is all on him. But it does give pause that if she were so disconnected from him, might that have not been BECAUSE of his depressive state, but rather the TRIGGER for his condition.

If his relatively new wife was already in a separate bedroom, not concerned with her husband's mental state, what does that say about her love for him? And if you are a person suffering from depression, might the indifference of the person whom you trust the most be a trigger for the most dangerous reactivity for a depressed person?

That is all I was intimating. Only I have probably said more in this post than in previous ones, and mods, I apologize if this is a no-no. I just want to emphasize the importance of being PRESENT for loved ones who are addicts, depressed, or living with other emotional pain.

When you commit to a person who is battling _________, remember that you, too are battling__________.

so many times I have heard people refer to that as 'the other woman' (addictions etc)

I caught that too and I think he did slip and tried to cover by saying "or a note". I believe he left a note of some sort.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cel...-resented-having-to-do-new-Mrs-Doubtfire.html

But according to his neighbour and friend of over a decade, he no longer wanted to work on films as he felt they were not conducive to his mental well-being.

"Robin had promised himself he would not do any more as he invested so much in his roles that it left him drained and particularly vulnerable to depressive episodes,” the friend told the paper.

"He signed up to do them purely out of necessity. He wasn’t poor, but the money wasn’t rolling in any more and life is expensive when you have to pay off two ex-wives and have a family to support..”

A photo friend of mine took of Robin Williams on the set of "What Dreams May Come", in Montana.
Great movie, beautiful picture, beautiful person. RIP Robin Williams
7e1f148f943a41e7f9ec528ca9c537b4.jpg

Robin and Koko, this made me bawl.
Koko the Gorilla with Robin Williams.mp4: http://youtu.be/GorgFtCqPEs

All posts are MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads